Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] is a lack of channel reporting related to the WiFi driver issue?

OP Brew78

8th September 2011, 09:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Sorry for the new thread.. I was going to ask this in the "Wifi Fix 6.0" thread, but I have too few posts apparently and it wouldn't let me. The forum told me to come here.

Anyway, searching for "wifi" and "AP" and "channel" and "problem" gets a whole LOT of hits unrelated to the problem.

In short, my mt3gs isn't reporting channels of AP's, which is making Wifi Analyzer a bit less useful than I'd like. At first I thought it was related to the app itself, but it seems to be OS or driver related, since according to the following thread, it occurs in non-Sense OS'es:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=891563

It also states that the "Wifi Fix" (replacing the two files under the system folder) didn't seem to help.

Is this a known bug that I simply can't find a link to in the clutter of other Wifi problems with this phone, is there a workaround, and is there anything I can try?

I've already updated the radio to the newest 7.15 and have tried cm 7.0.3 as well as 7.1 RC1 (the one Rom Manager pointed me to)

Thanks for any help, my google-fu has apparently been weak and there's only been two forum posts I've found that even reference this issue - the one linked to above, and a single thread in the cyanogen forums.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
channel, radio, slide, wifi
Previous Thread Next Thread