FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Wall charger

737 posts
Thanks Meter: 69
 
By volumnus, Senior Member on 26th June 2011, 05:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The wall charger (micro usb cable and plug) is way too short to be useful to me. I bought a cheap one off ebay, and it barely fits. I'm afraid to use it because it's so hard to unplug once you get it in. Anybody have any good suggestions for a longer wall charger that actually fits.
 
 
26th June 2011, 05:48 PM |#2  
dyne2199's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Harrison, OH
Thanks Meter: 108
 
More
What about trying a retractable female-to-male USB extension cable to run between the wall outlet adapter and the HTC USB cable? I believe most PC and cell phone accessory stores sell them for around $5 - $10 and will extend up to around 3 - 4 additional feet. Here's a link to one that's in stock at HTC Depot...

http://www.htcdepot.com/smartphone-e...e/5A18A625.htm
26th June 2011, 07:43 PM |#3  
volumnus's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Yeah...I have one.
At least that way you aren't cramming something that doesn't fit into the phone and risking damaging the USB port.
Last edited by volumnus; 27th June 2011 at 02:23 AM.
27th June 2011, 04:13 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
i brought a couple of micro USB cables from meritline it took 2 weeks for them to come here. it cost me $4 including shipping for 2 cables. They ship then from HK. So far I am using this cable in my office and have not has any issue
10th September 2011, 02:59 AM |#5  
boredbutter's Avatar
Member
Flag Reading, PA
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
I currently use a 5' male to female USB "extension cord"... Been using it for years and highly recommend the setup.

On another note, if someone were to trip over the cord, it has an extra breakaway point now... I believe it cost me $5 for two of them... Gave the other as a gift...

Sent from my Inspire 4G running BinDroid v1.2
If I help you at all... Please click "Thank You"
10th December 2011, 01:45 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredbutter

I currently use a 5' male to female USB "extension cord"... Been using it for years and highly recommend the setup.

On another note, if someone were to trip over the cord, it has an extra breakaway point now... I believe it cost me $5 for two of them... Gave the other as a gift...

Sent from my Inspire 4G running BinDroid v1.2
If I help you at all... Please click "Thank You"

Could you post a link to the cord you got with the breakaway point? I would really like to get something like that, I have tripped over my cord wayy too many times, even ended up bending the micro-usb tips.
10th December 2011, 06:21 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
monoprice.com.


they have every size you can dream of.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...=10303#1030307
11th December 2011, 05:51 PM |#8  
Joshp406's Avatar
Senior Member
Holly Springs, NC
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusto2k3

monoprice.com.


they have every size you can dream of.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...=10303#1030307

Hey Zel, cleanup on isle 7
13th December 2011, 03:35 PM |#9  
Crithian's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 230
 
Donate to Me
More
thanks.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App
20th January 2012, 07:55 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by volumnus

The wall charger (micro usb cable and plug) is way too short to be useful to me. I bought a cheap one off ebay, and it barely fits. I'm afraid to use it because it's so hard to unplug once you get it in. Anybody have any good suggestions for a longer wall charger that actually fits.

In the past I have bought longer usb cables and just had them shipped from Hong Koing as well. However, recently I just ran out to Walmart and paid $10 for a 4 foot usb cable and charger. Though you can get it for cheaper, I needed it right away.
23rd January 2012, 06:10 PM |#11  
Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I just ordered a standard Android USB cable and plug it into a USB extension cable. Works fine for me.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes