[ROM]Sensation CM7 SelfKang Alphafied Number 10 (11/1) - 2.3.7
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.
THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code will eventually
available at the CyanogenMod Github
Kernel source code is availible at Bumblebee's github
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Sensation (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
4. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki
for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
The current buglist:
-Recording 1080p video for a couple minutes causes a soft reboot
-Misc Browser crashes (CM bug)
-Zoom issues in Camera
Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is perfect.
- More overlay fixes
- More hardware acceleration fixes
- Potential battery life improvements
- Dialer scaling fixed
- Potentially fixed the occasional hardlock when using GPS.
I recommend using radio 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01
because this is the radio that we personally tested.
Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Bumblebee, cretin45, toastcfh, defer, myself, and the rest of the CM team.