[Q] How to S-on after S-off with Revolutionary?

OP sebysebu

8th September 2011, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Iasi, Romania
Thanks Meter: 6

81 posts
More
I've made S-off with Revolutionary method to upgrade my Radio, after I've made the upgrade I'm still having issues with my signal, so I'm thinking to send the phone in warranty, but I can't manage to do the S-off.
Do you have any solutions?
12th September 2011, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

16 posts
More
Lightbulb Alternate way to restore your phone to S-ON and stock
Hi,

I've spent the last few days digging through the internet, looking for ways to get my Desire S back to S-ON after AlphaReveX S-OFF. The reason? I need to send it in for repair due to a birth defect.

I thought I'd share the path which turned out to be successful. Remember that there's always a risk that your phone will end up bricked as a result of procedures like this. I take no resonsibility for bricked devices, this is just a statment saying what worked for me. Good luck.

My initial setup was AlphaReveX S-OFF with Clockworkmod Recovery and LBC Mod. As the ARX HBOOT can't be overwritten by the HTC update program, it has to be replaced by a HBOOT that can. Luckily I found this thread in which Igl0 provides a pretty much tailor made HBOOT for this purpose:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=1.

The only problem: It couldn't be flashed in the bootloader (it would just return the message "parsed .."). After this I tried flashing through ADB, but for some reason it didn't work either. My third attempt was more fruitful - I successfully flashed engHBOOToverARX.img through fastboot (HTC drivers required which you probably already have).

Quote:

Just to keep things simple I've made a zip which contains the files needed (except HTC drivers) to perform this flash. This guide assumes that you have already tried other methods and are familiar with related terms.

1. Connect phone to PC and navigate to fastboot
2. Download and extract the compressed folder attached to this post
3. I've composed a simple .bat (called "Click This") that will open a cmd prompt
and execute the command: fastboot flash hboot engHBOOToverARX.img.
4. Restart and enter HBOOT.

If the file was transferred and flashed correctly, the header text in HBOOT should now read "ENG HBOOT ...".

Now you can go ahead and flash a HTC stock RUU. It will overwrite other customisations such as a custom recovery. The HTC Update failed on my first attempt (file: RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.1_Radio_20.28b.30.080 5U_38.03.02.11_M_release), but luckily I found another RUU that worked (RUU_Saga_HTC_Europe_1.47.401.4_Radio_20.28I.30.08 5 AU_3805.06.02.03_M_release_199410_signed). You can browse this great collection to find one that suits you: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1002506.

As my first RUU installation failed partially, I was left with only the stock HBOOT and a non working recovery. Though, I found out that I could perform the next HTC Update attempt while in fastboot, and it was successful this time.

Cheers
Maarten
Attached Files
File Type: rar FlashENGHBOOT.rar - [Click for QR Code] (511.3 KB, 1519 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to -Maarten For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 02:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Iasi, Romania

81 posts
More
Red face
Thank you very much for the answer, I'll try this way. but before this can you tell me please if this will be a problem the fact that now I have a stock branded Orange ROM? When I did the S-off I didn't changed the ROM, I only changed my radio.

Thanks !!!
Last edited by sebysebu; 12th September 2011 at 02:11 PM.
12th September 2011, 02:29 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 1,909

4,936 posts
More
Question More questions....I'm afraid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebysebu

Thank you very much for the answer, I'll try this way. but before this can you tell me please if this will be a problem the fact that now I have a stock branded Orange ROM? When I did the S-off I didn't changed the ROM, I only changed my radio.

Thanks !!!

You need to provide more information and details like Settings->About Phone-> Software info Radio (Baseband),Build Number,Kernel etc

If you know what radio version you had on your phone when you got it and what you have now that would be useful.

As I believe what you're saying is that you still have the same ROM version (ORANGE) as your phone came with, but you've simply changed radio and S-OFF'd!?

Do you have a custom recovery installed ie CWM (clock work mod)?

Having a branded ROM shouldn't effect your signal reception...
Last edited by ben_pyett; 12th September 2011 at 02:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 03:02 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebysebu

Thanks !!!

Okay. I'm afraid I don't have the competence to answer that!
The Following User Says Thank You to -Maarten For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 03:18 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Iasi, Romania

81 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett

You need to provide more information and details like Settings->About Phone-> Software info Radio (Baseband),Build Number,Kernel etc

If you know what radio version you had on your phone when you got it and what you have now that would be useful.

As I believe what you're saying is that you still have the same ROM version (ORANGE) as your phone came with, but you've simply changed radio and S-OFF'd!?

Do you have a custom recovery installed ie CWM (clock work mod)?

Having a branded ROM shouldn't effect your signal reception...

Now I have: Radio : 3805.06.02.03_M
Build number : 1.47.401.4
Kernel : 2.6.35.10
Before I don't know what radio I had.
Yes, I have the same ROM version (ORANGE) that camed with the phone, and I'd simply changed the radio after S-off by Revolutionary
I don't have any custom recovery installed.

Regards,
Thanks!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread