FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Quick Office random crashes and inability to save files occasionally?

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Ratix0, Senior Member on 8th September 2011, 04:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone else encounter similar problems with Quick Office's new update which allow us to type documents?

After the update, I have been using the word document function to a good extent but the app seems to be really buggy! The application will crash out of nowhere quite frequently and sometimes when I try to save my file, it'll say that it is saving and hangs there, and it didn't save.

As much as this is a highly anticipated update, its ridiculously halfbaked and just plain annoying to use. Would like to know if I'm just an isolated case or is this a common problem,

thanks =).

8th September 2011, 03:27 PM |#2  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
I've found it to be buggy as well, and I've only written one document with it. When I saved it it removed all the formatting including line breaks. All of a sudden my nicely laid out page with headings turned into one oversized paragraph in plain text
Fortunately I had copied the whole thing to the clipboard because I wanted to test something. So I deleted all the text, pasted, hit save and it crashed.
I then closed that document and opened a new one. Pasted the text, hit save, and it removed all the formatting again!
I tried a few more times, but every time it either crashed or removed the formatting *sigh*
I uninstalled and reinstalled Quick Office after that, but haven't tested it again. If it glitches again I'm just going to consider it useless.
8th September 2011, 04:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hows the ubuntu word processor? Is it any better? Have anyone tried it? Think i'm going to run Chroot ubuntu just to try it out..
8th September 2011, 06:29 PM |#4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,453

Donate to Me
More
I've been looking for the best app to take notes during class. It feels crazy that there's no Auto-Save in quick office.

One bug I've found to make it crash, when using the HP Bluetooth slim keyboard (if relevant) is, if I highlight a word, and type over it, it crashes. I lost like half my notes doing this. Now I just hit save every minute or two... and wish there was a keyboard (control s?) shortcut to do that.

I've also been trying Typewriter Beta... I really just want a Notepad esque text editor.. don't care about formatting really.
12th September 2011, 04:54 PM |#5  
Recognized Themer
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,453

Donate to Me
More
Fwiw, tapnote is the current winner. Least buggy of the ones I've tried.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
12th September 2011, 09:03 PM |#6  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 58

More
I found it to be generally useless as well. I just decided to use google docs (through the browser) for all of my notes. May try the office 2010 web suite as well.

Edit: Gdocs is working fantastically BTW, the only reason that I am considering using office is curiosity. Additionally, I have an app on my phone called camscanner so that if there are any handwritten notes, I can scan them with my phone (works surprisingly well), and share to Gdocs, and tie them to the typed notes I have taken.
Last edited by Drachen808; 12th September 2011 at 09:06 PM.
12th September 2011, 10:15 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 98

More
I had the same issue. I tried to use it last week to take notes at a conference and it would lock up quite frequently saving to local storage. It happened often enough that I switched over to the built-in notepad app. I think I'm going to stick with that or perhaps even the email client for now with the hope/anticipation that when Android is on this puppy, I'll have significantly more options.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread