Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,953 Members 36,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Quick Office random crashes and inability to save files occasionally?

Tip us?

Ratix0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Quick Office random crashes and inability to save files occasionally?

Does anyone else encounter similar problems with Quick Office's new update which allow us to type documents?

After the update, I have been using the word document function to a good extent but the app seems to be really buggy! The application will crash out of nowhere quite frequently and sometimes when I try to save my file, it'll say that it is saving and hangs there, and it didn't save.

As much as this is a highly anticipated update, its ridiculously halfbaked and just plain annoying to use. Would like to know if I'm just an isolated case or is this a common problem,

thanks =).

Jive Turkey
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
I've found it to be buggy as well, and I've only written one document with it. When I saved it it removed all the formatting including line breaks. All of a sudden my nicely laid out page with headings turned into one oversized paragraph in plain text
Fortunately I had copied the whole thing to the clipboard because I wanted to test something. So I deleted all the text, pasted, hit save and it crashed.
I then closed that document and opened a new one. Pasted the text, hit save, and it removed all the formatting again!
I tried a few more times, but every time it either crashed or removed the formatting *sigh*
I uninstalled and reinstalled Quick Office after that, but haven't tested it again. If it glitches again I'm just going to consider it useless.
Jive Turkey
HTC Magician > O2 XDA Stealth > HTC Nike > SE X1 > T-Mobile G2 > Palm pre > HP pre 3

Ratix0
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Hows the ubuntu word processor? Is it any better? Have anyone tried it? Think i'm going to run Chroot ubuntu just to try it out..

decalex
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,446

DONATE TO ME
I've been looking for the best app to take notes during class. It feels crazy that there's no Auto-Save in quick office.

One bug I've found to make it crash, when using the HP Bluetooth slim keyboard (if relevant) is, if I highlight a word, and type over it, it crashes. I lost like half my notes doing this. Now I just hit save every minute or two... and wish there was a keyboard (control s?) shortcut to do that.

I've also been trying Typewriter Beta... I really just want a Notepad esque text editor.. don't care about formatting really.
Galaxy Note III KitKat 4.4.2 HyperDrive

decalex
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,446

DONATE TO ME
Fwiw, tapnote is the current winner. Least buggy of the ones I've tried.

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .
Galaxy Note III KitKat 4.4.2 HyperDrive

Drachen808
Old
(Last edited by Drachen808; 12th September 2011 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58
I found it to be generally useless as well. I just decided to use google docs (through the browser) for all of my notes. May try the office 2010 web suite as well.

Edit: Gdocs is working fantastically BTW, the only reason that I am considering using office is curiosity. Additionally, I have an app on my phone called camscanner so that if there are any handwritten notes, I can scan them with my phone (works surprisingly well), and share to Gdocs, and tie them to the typed notes I have taken.
Phone: Nexus 4 (bone stock until I see a reason to root)
Tablet: HP TouchPad
eReader: Nook Color

Retired and sold:
HTC 3vo
HTC Hero

SCWells72
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I had the same issue. I tried to use it last week to take notes at a conference and it would lock up quite frequently saving to local storage. It happened often enough that I switched over to the built-in notepad app. I think I'm going to stick with that or perhaps even the email client for now with the hope/anticipation that when Android is on this puppy, I'll have significantly more options.