Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nook Color Stuck on MIUI Boot Loop

Tip us?

urhos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Question [Q] Nook Color Stuck on MIUI Boot Loop

I just installed MIUI 1.9.2 on my nook color with CWR. When I try to boot into MIUI it gets stuck on the boot loop that has the globe logo spinning in space. The little animation just keeps playing over and over and it wont boot into MIUI.

When using CWR to install MIUI I formatted /system, /data, and /boot. I also performed the wipe data/factory reset, dalvik cache, fix permissions, and wipe cache partition commands. I used a 2gb microsd card with the 1gb version of CWR 3.0.2.8 on it and the MIUI zip file on the card. It gets stuck in the boot loop for MIUI 1.8.5 as well. If I follow these exact installation instructions with Honeycomb Preview v4 or CM7 the flash works fine.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Regards,

urhos

akramarshad
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Why did you wipe Boot Partition.Now you have to install full version of Miui not the update version.Check Miui website for instructions.Or you can iinstall CM7 with bootable sd card and then install update version 1.9.2 thru Rom Menager and wipe Devlik catch and data+catche as offered in RM and it should be ok.

refreblast
Old
Thanks Meter 22
You should NEVER wipe /boot. You only wipe /system, /data, & /cache for anything.....

urhos
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Oh I see. I formatted /boot because this guide said so for Honeycomb flash install on the android central forums.

Is there something different that I need to do now that i formatted /boot?

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Alright. Thanks for the responses so far. I flashed Cm7 onto the nook and it works. When I try to do anything with rom manager it tells me to install CWR. When I choose to install I get this message: Error while downloading from server. Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection, and that your SD card is inserted and has free space. I Am connected to the net here and my sd card has almost 5GB of space.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Okay. Another update. I got MIUI 1.9.2 to install and boot. However, I am now getting the message that says "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Is there a way to fix this?

akramarshad
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Try renstallig Miui after formating data,system and cache.It has happened to me few times.