Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WebApp] XDA TV v1.3

Tip us?

nathanpc
Old
(Last edited by nathanpc; 20th September 2011 at 12:13 AM.) Reason: Blame Apple! :P
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Talking [WebApp] XDA TV v1.3

XDA TV v1.3

Now you can have all the XDA TV videos wherever you go using this web application.

After that tweet from azrienoch this sunday I've started to work on a webapp version of the XDA TV application. It uses WebKit, so in theory Android, iOS, Windows Phone 7, modern desktop browsers, Symbian will handle it correct, if it doesn't please report me the problems/bugs with screenshots(if needed) and a good description.

I've tried to get the app in the App Store, but Apple rejected it

The technologies used on this application:

Running in my iPod:

Running in my iPad:

PS: If you're having problems with that page(which is a redirector that checks for the screen size to send you to the appropriated version, tablet or phone, you might use this other links for the tablet and the phone versions

Please fell free to donate and help me with the high server costs, which hosts the XDA TV videos for the XDA TV App streaming. Seriously, the server costs are getting pretty high:

Changelog:

v1.3:
* WebApp released!
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

About Me - Night Clock - build.prop Editor - RubyGems Browser
Android User
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nathanpc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Amazing!
Will write about it
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly
The Following User Says Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Thanks very much for the support
Daily Use/Development Devices: Galaxy Nexus - BlackBerry Dev Alpha - BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Bold 9900 - ASUS EeePad Slider - Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000L - iPhone 4 32GB - iPad 1 w/ 3G 64GB

Other Devices I Own BlackBerry Torch 9800 - HTC Ultimate (aka Titan) - Samsung Galaxy S I9000B - Motorola Milestone - HTC Touch Pro2 - HTC Vox - HP iPAQ Hx2920b - Palm T|X - HP Jornada 720 - iPod Touch 3g 64GB - Nokia E61 - Nokia N95 - Mio Moov 560 - TI Nspire

Android User

redrum781
Old
Thanks Meter 117
It's darn slow to load the page. Can't run videos.

Expecting updates

It would be nice to have an app for each of the mobile platforms...
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
- A.S.

SGS3 - GT-I9300
ROM: Stock (for at least a day )

wardh
Old
Thanks Meter 118
This will be great! Right now it doesn't work so good with ie9 wp7 mango. I can't scroll on first page. When I press on one link I only see back button and upper left corner of the movie frame (it's zoomed in I think and I can't scroll). If I press video it starts playing so that is working.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully you can fix it Best of luck!

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
I'm working on that, the WP7 browser (IE9) has a lot of incompatibilities with WebKit(as usual from Microsoft...)

Android User
The Following User Says Thank You to nathanpc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irendwer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Its not Microsofts fault.
Its yours.
The webapp only works in WebKit browsers.
It doesn't work very well in any other browser.
Not in Firefox, not in Opera, not in IE.
I have seen some errors in your CSS.
I haven't seen the JS yet.

Mike130784
Old
Thanks Meter 8
awsome will download this right away

nathanpc
Old
Thanks Meter 108

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by irendwer View Post
Its not Microsofts fault.
Its yours.
The webapp only works in WebKit browsers.
It doesn't work very well in any other browser.
Not in Firefox, not in Opera, not in IE.
I have seen some errors in your CSS.
I haven't seen the JS yet.
Ok, WebKit browsers are dominating the mobile market, Android and iOS use them, and latest version of Firefox works with my code, Chrome does too, IE historically has a lot of problems and incompatibilities.

For me what I think is that you never tried to develop web apps for multiple browsers and felt into the nightmare of IE!

Android User

meltwater
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 325
I imagine it is much the same as windows mobile...they set some standards and then change their mind and break it all.
HTC Touch HD
____
* Energy 28244|Feb 19| 2.5.2012114 Cookie *
Radio: 1.17.25.09

Sense Wiki | Facebook Tab v1.6 | RSS Tab | SenseUtil | CHTwPictureFrame
Android-On-A-Shoestring

___
PayPal: if you enjoy the fb/RSS tab!