OP solarnz

20th September 2011, 05:13 PM   |  #501  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 81

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman08854

When you're looking at the quick toggles, slide them to the left. The button you're hitting is the notification silencer.

I am running 2.2.0 and want to know how to just flash 2.2.1 over 2.2.0 without a factory reset. IF anyone can help, thanks.

If you are running 2.2.0 already and want to flash 2.2.1 you should not need to do a factory reset. I would still recommend you perform a full backup.

I flashed 2.2.1 over 2.2.0 without any issues.
20th September 2011, 05:58 PM   |  #502  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 9

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman08854

When you're looking at the quick toggles, slide them to the left. The button you're hitting is the notification silencer.

I am running 2.2.0 and want to know how to just flash 2.2.1 over 2.2.0 without a factory reset. IF anyone can help, thanks.

So copy 2.2.1 zip on your external SD, reboot recovery, install Zip from sd card...

That's it
20th September 2011, 07:05 PM   |  #503  
Thanks Meter: 6

196 posts
Bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelle

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelle

I have some problems with this ROM on my Xoom 3G EU:

Another problem I've got with Moray _and_ Hammerhead: after some days of usage the unit reboots, starts, reboots, starts,...
I've found out that this is a Wifi-problem: the unit works without any problems a few days, but then suddenly it starts to reboot when it say's "getting IP-address..." on wifi. This is one of about nine Wifi-units @home (three other Android-devices with Froyo and Gingerbread), and it's the only one with this strange behaviour, so I can definitely say that it is a problem with honeycomb.
When I restart my wifi-router it works again for a few days, then the problem is coming back. wiping does not help.

Perhaps I've found the problem: no reboot the last four days after I set Wifi to "2.4GHz only".

This did not solved the problem. Today the problem occured again
Next try is to set wifi-settings manually. We'll see...
20th September 2011, 08:10 PM   |  #504  
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 8

272 posts
More
Thanks to the Developers for the latest update...it really hit the spot. Especially the no FC when I receive mails
20th September 2011, 08:46 PM   |  #505  
Thanks Meter: 5

71 posts
Just got a notification of Htk55d update ready to be pushed to device. UK wifi only user running latest tiamat moray. I assume I shouldn't accept it?

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium
20th September 2011, 09:00 PM   |  #506  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1

80 posts
More
Hi

Could it be posible to add a 3G toggle in the quick settings menu?

Thx again for the work Im enjoying this ROM every minute!!!
20th September 2011, 09:48 PM   |  #507  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 722

2,485 posts
More
Question
Hey guys. I need some help. I am on stock rooted 3.2 and just got an SD today. The weird thing that I noticed is that the /sdcard directory is actually the internal memory and the sdcard data is at mnt/internal1. With that said, I put this Tiamat rom on the SD card so I can flash it (I have CWMrecovery...the one from the app not the one in the DEV section) but when I go to recovery CWM thinks that /sdcard is the SD card when in actuallity the tiamat zip is in mnt/internal1. How do I get through this? I'm not flashing anything till I can do a nandroid saved to the sdcard...but if CWM recovery doesn't acknowledge the sdcards actual directory I can't do squat!
20th September 2011, 10:19 PM   |  #508  
Flag Chicago

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc

Hey guys. I need some help. I am on stock rooted 3.2 and just got an SD today. The weird thing that I noticed is that the /sdcard directory is actually the internal memory and the sdcard data is at mnt/internal1. With that said, I put this Tiamat rom on the SD card so I can flash it (I have CWMrecovery...the one from the app not the one in the DEV section) but when I go to recovery CWM thinks that /sdcard is the SD card when in actuallity the tiamat zip is in mnt/internal1. How do I get through this? I'm not flashing anything till I can do a nandroid saved to the sdcard...but if CWM recovery doesn't acknowledge the sdcards actual directory I can't do squat!

If you are using the correct version of CWM, it knows to find the zip files on the external SD. It sounds like you are using the wrong version. Go here to get the correct version of CWM.

You can also go here for all sorts of guides and information to get up and running.
20th September 2011, 10:28 PM   |  #509  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 722

2,485 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuckFinn

If you are using the correct version of CWM, it knows to find the zip files on the external SD. It sounds like you are using the wrong version. Go here to get the correct version of CWM.

You can also go here for all sorts of guides and information to get up and running.

Problem is I have no idea how to get the "correct" RECOVERY flashed. If I boot into CWM recovery (which is what I have) it won't recognize the SD CARD so I can't flash the recovery. And I don't understand this second method...perhaps you can walk me through it?

Method 2 Without CWM
Download the recovery image (not the zip file)

Pull up your command prompt, then

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-solarnz-XXXXXX-XXXX.img
fastboot reboot
Let your Xoom boot up. Then to check out your shiny new recovery,

Code:
adb reboot recovery
20th September 2011, 10:38 PM   |  #510  
Flag Chicago

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc

Problem is I have no idea how to get the "correct" RECOVERY flashed. If I boot into CWM recovery (which is what I have) it won't recognize the SD CARD so I can't flash the recovery. And I don't understand this second method...perhaps you can walk me through it?

Method 2 Without CWM
Download the recovery image (not the zip file)

Pull up your command prompt, then

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-solarnz-XXXXXX-XXXX.img
fastboot reboot
Let your Xoom boot up. Then to check out your shiny new recovery,

Code:
adb reboot recovery

OK using ADB will be your best bet to getting the correct version of CWM installed. Under the second link I sent you you will find links to several guides. Follow the one called "A Real Guide On Using ADB/Fastboot On Your Xoom By okantomi of XDA"

This should get you started with ADB and get the right CWM installed.

To summarize very briefly you will be downloading and installing the Motorola drivers and the Android SDK onto your computer. Then once those applications/drivers are installed you will download the CWM image to your PC. Then connect the Xoom to the PC and by entering commands on your PC you will flash the CWM image onto your Xoom.

I know it is written all over these guides, but make sure you only flash img files and NEVER a zip file.

Follow these guides and you should be set.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread