Which rom is best now? Miui or Oxygen?

Search This thread

tobydjones

Jun 4, 2011
Overall, Oxygen is the best, in less you really need BT... :)
What's BT?
edit: got it, BlueTooth

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Thanks for the testing katu2006, I started reordering the data to line things up, and it got a little out of hand:

Code:
|-----------------------|-------|---------------|------------------|-----------------|------------------|
|                       |battery|bluetooth      |3G data connection|sensors          |comment           |
|-----------------------|-------|---------------|------------------|-----------------|------------------|
| CM7 110821		|VG 55h |relatively good|some problems     |lag after a while|                  |
| Miui 1.8.26 (28/8/11)	| G 45h |relatively good|some problems     |no lag           |excellent graphics|
| Oxygen 2.2.2 r1	|VG 51h |weak           |no problems       |no lag           |                  |

One thing though, do you have any data for a stock HTC ROM for comparison?

Last edited:

JogeTheMan

Sep 9, 2011
Vantaa
Sorry for the off topic, but it requires to have 10 messages sent to write on the development side. If i want to update my MIUI rom, can I do it by only removing cache? I think I read that somewhere but can't remember anymore.

smiley_nz

Sep 14, 2011
Queenstown
www.soaclan.co.nz
Im a noob at all this and i just tried Miui and found it had to navigate as i have used th stock rom so long. I also couldn't install some apps like Foursquare.

I have just installed Oxygen and it seems much easier to use as its more like a stock rom.

Could anyone suggest why i couldn't install apps on the miui rom? Do i have to format my sd card?

entrapmen

Jul 8, 2011
Im a noob at all this and i just tried Miui and found it had to navigate as i have used th stock rom so long. I also couldn't install some apps like Foursquare.

I have just installed Oxygen and it seems much easier to use as its more like a stock rom.

Could anyone suggest why i couldn't install apps on the miui rom? Do i have to format my sd card?

Check x5 settings. Is it set to internal or external try both. Then cjeck superuser settings. I have no problem to install apps. At the end try reflashing

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to change my stock rom to new one. I examine many roms and i decide, there are two stable roms. According to your opinion which one is better?
    Oxygen, supports cm7' s theme manager themes too.
    Just need to take thememanager.apk and themechooser.apk from cm7 rom and push them to /system/app folder. I've tested it and works.
    Just tested the latest Roms available and based on my phone's hardware, I've got this:
    - CM7 110821 - Very good battery usage - 55h, relatively good BT, but had some 3G data connection problems, sensor lag after a while.
    - Miui 1.8.26 (28/8/11) - Good battery usage - 45h (not as good as O2 or CM7), excellent graphics, relatively good BT, but had some 3G data connection problems, no sensor lag.
    - Oxygen 2.2.2 r1 - Very good battery usage - 51h, weak BT, no problems with 3G data connections, no sensor lag.

Overall, Oxygen is the best, in less you really need BT... :)