2.3.4 Root (with locked bootloader)

Search This thread

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
screenshot201109231719.png
screenshot201109231720.png

New method of rooting your Arc (zergRush method) press this link.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1312859

Warning: use .184 first or you will brick your device.

There are so many threads calling for 2.3.4 and Root and the information is spread all around the forum. I will therefore give a straight answer here: 2.3.4 can be rooted now.
Flash UK.184-> Generic_World(Nordic).181 ->Root + OTA = Rooted 2.3.4

Here is the link for the .181 firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/?y9s73andrl4bllc

This method with .184 first, always works for me.

I made it safe with the LED/battery problem, so I flashed the UK.184 first before I flashed the one above (.181) and I had no problem with LED/battery!

-Turn off your phone and flash to UK.184 firmware (wipe data).
-Start your phone and agree to the normal stuff (note: no battery problem now).
-Turn off your phone once more.
-Flash Generic_World(Nordic).181 and start your phone again (wipe data).
-Plug in your USB-cable to the computer and phone again (ignore PCC companion set-up).
-Make sure USB-debugging is activated in the settings menu.
-Install Gingerbreak 1.2 and press "Root the phone".
-The phone reboots by itself in about 30 seconds after pressing Root (if not, pull down notification bar and press on mass storage and push mount SD-card - it works everytime)!
-After reboot and a long wait, go to settings and install OTA.
-Phone collects firmware OTA and reboots many times.
-Now Its working and you have rooted 2.3.4 :)

Don't touch anything else during this procedure.

UK.184 firmware is here: http://www.multiupload.com/LEA95XC5J0

--------------------------------------------------------

Read also this:
Edit 26/9: this is my findings after reading all posts:
After reading all posts I am getting an idea of the problem (but no solution if you already have problem).

(a) Some people had .368/.145 and flashed to .181 with Root and then OTA to 2.3.4 and it worked fine, (but they will probably get LED-problem next time they need to flash down because they obmitted the .184 step). :(

(b) Some people already had 2.3.4 and flashed to .181 and got LED-problem right away. :(

(c) Some people had .368/.145 and flashed first to .184 and then .181 with root before OTA to 2.3.4 and they seems to be fine. :)

(d) Some people (including me), already had 2.3.4 and flashed to .184 before flashing again to .181 with root and OTA to 2.3.4 and there was No LED-problem. (I also tried several times to flash down again without trouble, but always with .184 first). :)

Edit 3/10
(e) Some people coming from 2.3.2 can flash .2.3.2 again and root + update OTA to 2.3.4 (But ofcourse, when you want to go down again, be careful).

-So it seems that .181 alone makes the LED-trouble if you want to upgrade your firmware with root to 2.3.4.

-But a combination of .184 and .181 seems to work, when done the first time only!!! It is too late if you did any other way in the beginning.

I therefore don't think it is by chance or random to get LED-trouble, it depends on what you did in the first instance?

Last edited:

Retrosid

Mar 30, 2011
There's no other way to do it without flashing? I ain't got the knowledge to flash, plus I don't really trust this method cuz if I make something wrong, the only way to fix it is seus

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
If something goes wrong you can flash it with FlashTool, too and uncheck "wipe data" if you don't want to reflash with SEUS because of losing data.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

jatt101

Apr 22, 2010
nvm guys, dont try this, i ran into the 0% battery, but the first time i flashed it, it was fine, but the second time this happened, and now im getting an replacement device from rogers

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
nvm guys, dont try this, i ran into the 0% battery, but the first time i flashed it, it was fine, but the second time this happened, and now im getting an replacement device from rogers

I am not sure you understand or if you read everything posted here on xda-forum?

Read my post sciptum in the post, It says: "better to flash down to UK.184 first so you don't get battery problem"!! :p:cool:

jatt101

Apr 22, 2010
ahahahahaha man i totally didnt see that, i guess i was to excited :(, bro can you post the uk firmware as well though?, but the funny thing is i flashed the .181 firmware the first time without any problems, and i kinda messed up so i had to flash it again and thats when i ran into the problem, i suggest you post a proper procedure people like me might be to excited and might not read what you wrote LOL

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
ahahahahaha man i totally didnt see that, i guess i was to excited :(, bro can you post the uk firmware as well though?, but the funny thing is i flashed the .181 firmware the first time without any problems, and i kinda messed up so i had to flash it again and thats when i ran into the problem, i suggest you post a proper procedure people like me might be to excited and might not read what you wrote LOL

UK.184 is on the sticky thread on top of the Arc forum called "firmware index", but I will provide it here for you, lazy bugger! :p:p:D:D

http://www.multiupload.com/LEA95XC5J0

Reactions: Pynzeta

jatt101

Apr 22, 2010
UK.184 is on the sticky thread on top of the Arc forum called "firmware index", but I will provide it here for you, lazy bugger! :p:p:D:D

ahahha thanks man, so basically what you want us to do is flash the generic uk .184, and then flash the world generic .181, and then use gingerbreak to root it, and you have a rooted 2.3.4, but one thing that i dont understand is how does flashing the uk firmware prevent the battery problem, and why does it even occur?

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
ahahha thanks man, so basically what you want us to do is flash the generic uk .184, and then flash the world generic .181, and then use gingerbreak to root it, and you have a rooted 2.3.4, but one thing that i dont understand is how does flashing the uk firmware prevent the battery problem, and why does it even occur?

Yes, do that! And the the UK.184 stops the battery problem. Why? I don't know. It just works. You need people who tries different combinations and this time my combination worked. :cool:

grat_master

Aug 29, 2011
Montreal, QC

nvm !

so flashing uk .184 first, then global generic .181, root, then ota to 2.3.4 !

thx for that solution ! you are THE man ! (or woman ?)

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
Coming from 2.3.4 already:

Yes, flash UK.184 first then Generic_World(Nordic).181 + make Root and then OTA. You will then have rooted 2.3.4 and being a happy man/woman without battery problem.

Did you not read the first post? :p:p

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
Coming from 2.3.4 already:

Yes, flash UK.184 first then Generic_World(Nordic).181 + make Root and then OTA. You will then have rooted 2.3.4 and being a happy man/woman without battery problem.

Did you not read the first post? :p:p

First of all thank u for telling us all the proper way to do it, secondly yes i read your first post but i guess u skipped where i said that i am suffering from the battery problem and if i did ur method of flashing would my existing problem go away, well i tried it nevertheless and it still remains ..... but thank u once again for pointing out the correct way of doing it. :)

datagubben

Nov 25, 2010
Landskrona
Samsung Galaxy S21
First of all thank u for telling us all the proper way to do it, secondly yes i read your first post but i guess u skipped where i said that i am suffering from the battery problem and if i did ur method of flashing would my existing problem go away, well i tried it nevertheless and it still remains ..... but thank u once again for pointing out the correct way of doing it. :)

Ok, here we go:

-Turn off your phone and flash to UK.184 firmware.
-Start your phone and agree to the normal stuff (note: no battery problem).
-Flash Generic_World(Nordic).181 and start your phone again.
-Plug in your USB-cable to the computer and phone again.
-The phone reboots by itself in about 20 seconds after pressing Root.
-Now Its working and you have rooted 2.3.4?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot201109231719.png
    screenshot201109231720.png

New method of rooting your Arc (zergRush method) press this link.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1312859

Warning: use .184 first or you will brick your device.

There are so many threads calling for 2.3.4 and Root and the information is spread all around the forum. I will therefore give a straight answer here: 2.3.4 can be rooted now.
    Flash UK.184-> Generic_World(Nordic).181 ->Root + OTA = Rooted 2.3.4

Here is the link for the .181 firmware: http://www.mediafire.com/?y9s73andrl4bllc

This method with .184 first, always works for me.

I made it safe with the LED/battery problem, so I flashed the UK.184 first before I flashed the one above (.181) and I had no problem with LED/battery!

-Turn off your phone and flash to UK.184 firmware (wipe data).
    -Start your phone and agree to the normal stuff (note: no battery problem now).
    -Flash Generic_World(Nordic).181 and start your phone again (wipe data).
    -Plug in your USB-cable to the computer and phone again (ignore PCC companion set-up).
    -The phone reboots by itself in about 30 seconds after pressing Root (if not, pull down notification bar and press on mass storage and push mount SD-card - it works everytime)!
    -Now Its working and you have rooted 2.3.4 :)

UK.184 firmware is here: http://www.multiupload.com/LEA95XC5J0

--------------------------------------------------------

Read also this:
    Edit 26/9: this is my findings after reading all posts:
    After reading all posts I am getting an idea of the problem (but no solution if you already have problem).

(a) Some people had .368/.145 and flashed to .181 with Root and then OTA to 2.3.4 and it worked fine, (but they will probably get LED-problem next time they need to flash down because they obmitted the .184 step). :(

(b) Some people already had 2.3.4 and flashed to .181 and got LED-problem right away. :(

(c) Some people had .368/.145 and flashed first to .184 and then .181 with root before OTA to 2.3.4 and they seems to be fine. :)

(d) Some people (including me), already had 2.3.4 and flashed to .184 before flashing again to .181 with root and OTA to 2.3.4 and there was No LED-problem. (I also tried several times to flash down again without trouble, but always with .184 first). :)

Edit 3/10
    (e) Some people coming from 2.3.2 can flash .2.3.2 again and root + update OTA to 2.3.4 (But ofcourse, when you want to go down again, be careful).

-So it seems that .181 alone makes the LED-trouble if you want to upgrade your firmware with root to 2.3.4.

-But a combination of .184 and .181 seems to work, when done the first time only!!! It is too late if you did any other way in the beginning.

I therefore don't think it is by chance or random to get LED-trouble, it depends on what you did in the first instance?
    I only have one "thanks" for this discovery :(

Ok, here we go:

-Turn off your phone and flash to UK.184 firmware.
    -Start your phone and agree to the normal stuff (note: no battery problem).
    -Flash Generic_World(Nordic).181 and start your phone again.
    -Plug in your USB-cable to the computer and phone again.
    -The phone reboots by itself in about 20 seconds after pressing Root.
    -Now Its working and you have rooted 2.3.4?

flashed back to 2.3.2 without any problems :)