XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[USER] CM7 General Discussion thread

Tip us?

oldman_58
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by excarnate View Post
I searched as far back as May, and didn't see anything about this.

When I boot my Nook Color (running from a card) wireless is off. I believe this used to work but it has been broken so long I'm not sure if I'm misrememberating that. This is on recent nightlies, before and after the hiatus. Currently 09222011.

I asked in Q&A and was told this was a problem in recent nightlies. Any chance for a fix so on boot it respects the state of wireless before rebooting/shutting down? Or if nothing is planned, hey! Please fix it! :)
From Terminal window

Type:
su

then copy and paste the following
Code:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

delete from system where name = 'airplane_mode_on';
.exit
exit
exit
reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

My Hardware My Way --- Thanks Devs
Visit: Electronic Frontier Foundation
The Following User Says Thank You to oldman_58 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akenis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Well I downloaded LCD density like people have been talking about. Not sure what to set for the reboot option, but now I can see movies in market.

But the my apps screen is all dorked up? Its like a split screen.....

And my calendar pad pro 4x1 widget won't scale to fit my screen with zeam launcher. I have workspace set to 6x8. Normally Zeal will ask and I tell it to try to fit the widget to 6x2.

So what's new in the 200 build. Is 160 resolution default?

Sent from my NookColor using XDA Premium App

koopakid08
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis View Post
Well I downloaded LCD density like people have been talking about. Not sure what to set for the reboot option, but now I can see movies in market.

But the my apps screen is all dorked up? Its like a split screen.....

And my calendar pad pro 4x1 widget won't scale to fit my screen with zeam launcher. I have workspace set to 6x8. Normally Zeal will ask and I tell it to try to fit the widget to 6x2.

So what's new in the 200 build. Is 160 resolution default?

Sent from my NookColor using XDA Premium App
Yep default dpi is 160.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

excarnate
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman_58 View Post
From Terminal window

Type:
su

then copy and paste the following
Code:
sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

delete from system where name = 'airplane_mode_on';
.exit
exit
exit
reboot and see if that fixes the problem.
Someone on my original Q&A thread suggested Android Assistant, which showed airplane mode being on. Of course airplane mode was off in the Preferences.

This is something that shouldn't require a special program, or fancy database commands. I assume this is a bug and is on the list to fix? If not, why not?

oldman_58
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by excarnate View Post
Someone on my original Q&A thread suggested Android Assistant, which showed airplane mode being on. Of course airplane mode was off in the Preferences.

This is something that shouldn't require a special program, or fancy database commands. I assume this is a bug and is on the list to fix? If not, why not?
My understanding is if you set Airplane mode 1 time the Nook programming does not have the ability to unset Airplane mode, the scripting will prevent that from happening while you are on that particular build, it is a flaw, that has been around since the beginning, if you run the DB commands it will fix your problem.

You may do as you choose, this is a proven method to resolve your issue.

My Hardware My Way --- Thanks Devs
Visit: Electronic Frontier Foundation

newellj79
Old
Thanks Meter 229
Does the YouTube app work properly for anyone. I'm using n200 but it hasn't worked right in a long time. Thanks.

derekr
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by newellj79 View Post
Does the YouTube app work properly for anyone. I'm using n200 but it hasn't worked right in a long time. Thanks.
I am also having problems with You Tube. - getting "Error loading, press to retry " message

ianPhillips1
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekr View Post
I am also having problems with You Tube. - getting "Error loading, press to retry " message
Uncheck HQ when the video starts,HQ hasn't worked in a long time. As far as I know that is the only fix and there is no way to set it by default

Ian

sent from space
@Nestaroot
Galaxy s4
VZW
Galaxy tab 7 - AOKP/CM10
Nexus7 '13 - 32gb - AOKP

Passed on to others:
HTC DNA
Nook Color
Dinc
Dinc2
Rezound

ianPhillips1
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
My understanding is if you set Airplane mode 1 time the Nook programming does not have the ability to unset Airplane mode, the scripting will prevent that from happening while you are on that particular build, it is a flaw, that has been around since the beginning, if you run the DB commands it will fix your problem.

If you put an airplane toggle on the desktop you should be able to turn airplane mode off

Ian

sent from space
@Nestaroot
Galaxy s4
VZW
Galaxy tab 7 - AOKP/CM10
Nexus7 '13 - 32gb - AOKP

Passed on to others:
HTC DNA
Nook Color
Dinc
Dinc2
Rezound

excarnate
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. This is a proven method to work-around a bug until the next time a build (nightly?) is flashed, and is by no means an excuse to leave a bug in the source. Not pointing my finger at you, certainly. I appreciate your excellent and clear instructions.

My question, which still stands, is: Is someone going to fix this? It certainly won't be me, I'm not a programmer, and it would be unwise to have me mucking around with code :)

This problem only exists, AFAIK, on the Nook Color. It doesn't happen on my glacier, it doesn't happen on my wife's shadow.

To answer ianPhillips1's suggestion to put an airplane toggle widget on the desktop, I'll try it, but I note that in the Preferences it showed airplane mode as unchecked, which is why the Android Assistant was recommended (elsewhere).

Because the problem persisted through updates, I wonder if maybe the scripting might work for me until I (personally) erase entirely. Still, it doesn't help all the other folks with this problem.

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, i read them d:, kilroy was here, nook color, not wearing pants, oh i read them, oh yes i do, pointless tag next to me, so? nobody reads these.