Sep 8, 2009
Jasper, IN
I'm getting an error during install of zip thru cwm. The error is

It's after it says, "Installing update", the error is

assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device") == "zoom2" ||
assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device") == "NOOKColor" ||
assert failed: getprop(ro.product.device") == "encore"

Status 7

Anyone have a fix/answer for this? I tried both zip files as well. I'm installing of the sd card.

In cwm, select "install zip from sdcard" and try to toggle the script asserts. They should be disabled. That would be the first thing I'd check.

Once disabled, retry flashing the zip(s).

harpo1

Jan 14, 2009
Yuba City
I received my blue dot nook color and flashed the CM7 nightly to emmc and need to return to stock. I forgot to register my nook prior to doing this. I nandroid backed up my current setup and was wondering what I need to do just to return to stock and register my nook. I used eyeballers guide to flash CM7. Can I flash either of the two files in the op to register then put my backup on a CWM sd and restore from recovery? Or is there more to it?

Went back to stock no problem but now I can't register my nook. I get all the way to final step and it says "Sorry we're having trouble setting up your NOOKcolor. Please shutdown the device and try again."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No one has experienced this? Anyone with any ideas?

dna59

Aug 7, 2011
Belize City
I'm running CM7.1 from and sd card, but I got suckered by CWM and I didn't know it would install on the emmc. I want to remove the CWM off the emmc since I have the 2 year extended warranty. I know I have to use the file that does not say keepcwm.

1.Do I have to use CWM 3.0.1.0 or will a newer version work also?

2.Also, in order to not run into registering problems do I need to de-register my nook first?

3. Since I'm running off SD do I need to wipe anything on the emmc itself before flashing the file to get rid of CMW?

Last edited:

flaming homer

Apr 16, 2009
Anyone? I wanna upgrade to 1.3 but it won't cause of CWM.
I've also installed CWM by mistake, I'm going to try just the part with "***If you just want to remove CWR without breaking your root!!!***" in

androidtablets.net/ + forum/nook-color-technical/8114-how-uninstall-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html

dcharleyultra

Dec 7, 2010
Northern VA
Removing CW Recovery

For everyone who has CW Recovery on their NC's internal memory, I just successfully used this thread to remove CW Recovery: http://androidforums.com/nookcolor-...how-return-stock-upgrade-stock-b-n-1-2-a.html:
  1. I did not format Data.
  2. I did not do anything to my 8GB sdcard after I wrote the 1 gb image for CW Recovery v3.2.0.1.
  3. After I restored v1.2.0, I was successful in updating to 1.3.0.
  4. After the update to 1.3.0, all my CM enironment was intact when booting from my VG sdcard.

skwalas

Feb 22, 2011
Is there a CWM-flashable 1.3 yet? I want to set up a dual boot using my existing CWM on eMMC, and don't have the resources on hand to make a CWM card.
Hey Tao, can you help me figure out dualboot with NC stock? I've been meaning to do it, but hadn't gotten around to figuring out partitions and the like. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
Hey Tao, can you help me figure out dualboot with NC stock? I've been meaning to do it, but hadn't gotten around to figuring out partitions and the like. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I'm actually working on that myself right now with the materials from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1156909

I'm combining the OP's method with jasoraso's contributions, but I've had to start over. If I get it right, I'll put up my process over there.

skwalas

Feb 22, 2011
I'm actually working on that myself right now with the materials from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1156909

I'm combining the OP's method with jasoraso's contributions, but I've had to start over. If I get it right, I'll put up my process over there.
So you're not able tis set it up to take advantage of the alt-boot option already built into the nightlies? That was my hope...

Ill work with whatever though. I think im going to make my first project figgerin' out how to get new market to work at 160 dpi. Nothing like an impossible project to learn lots.

gsutton

Jan 24, 2011
East Tennessee
Assuming you haven't fooked up any paritioning by using the "dual-boot" stuff you can return to 100% stock by doing the folllowing:

1. Download the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip above
  2. Flash the zip with CWM (either from emmc or sdcard)
  3. Use CWM to factory reset the device (wipe /data and /cache)
  4. Reboot into 100% stock froyo :)

If you have modified your partitions this will not work.

Dang it. I did not wipe the device and now I am in the good ol' boot loop on startup. Any ideas? Guessing I will have to flash from a recovery SD? Thanks for any ideas.

gsutton

Jan 24, 2011
East Tennessee
I did as well.
Seems there are lots of explanations as to how this should work, none of which worked for me.
What I found works (for me!).
  1. push and hold "n"
  2. while holding down "n" push and hold pwr
  3. keep holding until text appears - don't let go yet!
  4. nook will power off after a few seconds
  5. release power and n
  6. repeat 1-3 immediately
  7. text will stay for around 10 seconds this time, BUT
  8. let go of both keys after 5-6 seconds
  9. You should now boot into recovery.

THANKS! Your method worked for me, and I was able to restore back to my working backup! Thanks!

statusqu0

Aug 3, 2011
Haha I always double triple and quadruple check what I'm doing when it comes to anything computers. I'm always scared of messing something up. But they say these things are unbrickable right? :D I'll let you know how it works out. really hoping to avoid re-partitioning.

Taosaur

May 4, 2011
Ohiopolis
taosaur.blogspot.com
FYI, rajendra82 has produced stock 1.3 versions of the the files in the OP. I've personally tested the keepCWM version, but there have been no reports yet on the full restore. Let us know here and in the original thread whether they work for you.

Original thread
update-nc-stock-1.3-keepcwm.zip
update-nc-stock-1.3.zip

If I get a chance to test the full-restore down the road, I'll edit this post, but it would require considerable juggling of SD images on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: jhnstn00

hikersc

Mar 1, 2011
FYI, rajendra82 has produced stock 1.3 versions of the the files in the OP. I've personally tested the keepCWM version, but there have been no reports yet on the full restore. Let us know here and in the original thread whether they work for you.

Original thread
update-nc-stock-1.3-keepcwm.zip
update-nc-stock-1.3.zip

If I get a chance to test the full-restore down the road, I'll edit this post, but it would require considerable juggling of SD images on my part.

Links are not working as of this post due to too much traffic. Could someone with these files post elsewhere?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified the official 1.2 update to allow CWM to flash them. You can use these to upgrade to 1.2 or to return to stock.

There are two files. One replaces CWM with the stock recovery (good for going back to stock). The other doesn't replace CWM (but will replace uboot).

Other than that they are identical to the update from B&N.

Please note neither one of these are rooted yet.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.
    uploading to depositfiles now... will provide link when I have it. As a bonus.. I will also upload 3 other versions:
    nookcolor_1_4_1_signed.zip... original B&N update fixed to install from CWM as previously mentioned in thread.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-OC.zip... same as the stock image with Dal's OC kernel and wifi fix.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm.zip... stock file... but will have CWM installed as alternate boot and the Cyanogen u-boot.bin and boot screen so you can either use the boot menu or the vol +/- method to boot into CWM.

nookcolor_1_4_1_signed-cwm-OC.zip... same as above but with Dal's 090111 overclocking kernel and wifi fix

And if anyone is interested... I will also upload versions above with vold.fstab edits for those running ROM's on verygreen's SD card to access the same SDCARD partition from both stock and SD's ROM.

DizzyDen was nice enough to provide us with way to make our own flashable zips using the download from BN.com but I figured I would mirror these in my premium Dropbox account for faster downloads.

So just to make sure, I could use the one zip to return to full stock but with the 1.2 update? Also will this work if I have CM7 and CWM on my emmc? So reboot into CW, format \system and \data then flash the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip, then Reboot. At that point, I should be 100% 1.2 stock, sound about right?

I thinking about returning to stock and just run CM7 for my SD if this is an options.

Thanks,

Derek.

Assuming you haven't fooked up any paritioning by using the "dual-boot" stuff you can return to 100% stock by doing the folllowing:

1. Download the update-nc-stock-1.2-signed.zip above
    2. Flash the zip with CWM (either from emmc or sdcard)
    3. Use CWM to factory reset the device (wipe /data and /cache)
    4. Reboot into 100% stock froyo :)

If you have modified your partitions this will not work.
    I'm having trouble booting into recovery after flashing the one to keep CWM. the power Button +n button isnt wrking. How did someone who did this successfully manage to do this?

I did as well.
    Seems there are lots of explanations as to how this should work, none of which worked for me.
    What I found works (for me!).
    1. push and hold "n"
    2. while holding down "n" push and hold pwr
    3. keep holding until text appears - don't let go yet!
    4. nook will power off after a few seconds
    5. release power and n
    6. repeat 1-3 immediately
    7. text will stay for around 10 seconds this time, BUT
    8. let go of both keys after 5-6 seconds
    9. You should now boot into recovery.