[NS4G][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 Official Nightlies Discussion

Search This thread

anaglich

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
I'll ask the question again, will our crespo4g benefit from all of the recent crespo commits today?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

anaglich

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
Was that a stupid question? Didn't know if the 4g would get left out if the commit was under "crespo."

tobiasly

Sep 8, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'll ask the question again, will our crespo4g benefit from all of the recent crespo commits today?

Disclaimer: I am not an Android developer but I am a programmer and have some familiarity with systems like Git.

I believe the answer is "yes". From what I can tell CyanogenMod has various projects that common and device-specific code is stored under. The project "samsung-kernel-crespo" seems to have code that is common to both Nexus and Nexus4G. Then there's "android_device_samsung_crespo" which is the non-4G stuff and "android_device_samsung_crespo4g" which is our beloved device.

Then there's a sh*t ton of other projects for individual apps, device drivers etc., and these projects are the same for every single "supported" build of CM on every device.

So when you look at http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=crespo4g to see what goes into the NS4G build, the part in blue parentheses after the description is the project name. The guy who runs that changelog site (note, it's not officially set up by CM) already figured out what all goes into each device.

In case you're really interested here are the projects that are common to all devices:

https://github.com/tonky/gae-cm-nightlies/blob/master/common_projects.txt

And here is the config for the specific devices (this is actual python code but scroll down):

https://github.com/tonky/gae-cm-nightlies/blob/master/config/config.py

Again I'm probably off base on some of this but I've just started digging into how all this stuff works...

BlackHawkA4

Oct 15, 2010
New York
Hey. Anyone who is stock or rather isn't using matrix in 121. Can you get into cpu settings in cm settings?

Everything I try to get into the CPU settings with matrix 7.5 its fcing.

SA-07

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2010
I'll take a look at that. Would you mind using setcpu for now?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

BlackHawkA4

Oct 15, 2010
New York
Not a big deal for now really. Mainly flashed for voodoo. Wish cm7 had voodoo. :) than I wouldn't need to flash.

Edit. Its definitely and issue, again, with matrix. I restored back to see and I can get into CPU settings in stock kernel.

Last edited:

obsanity

Jun 4, 2010
Not a big deal for now really. Mainly flashed for voodoo. Wish cm7 had voodoo. :) than I wouldn't need to flash.

Edit. Its definitely and issue, again, with matrix. I restored back to see and I can get into CPU settings in stock kernel.

Actually I believe its all opposite for everyone else. While I can not change anything in CPU settings in CM7 under performance, after flashing Matr1x it opens that up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

BlackHawkA4

Oct 15, 2010
New York
Actually I believe its all opposite for everyone else. While I can not change anything in CPU settings in CM7 under performance, after flashing Matr1x it opens that up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

That's weird. Stock kernel works perfect for me. As soon as I flash others that's when I run into problems.

Edit;side note: just noticed the rings were included in 121. Awesome!!! Ditched the gestures for this. (Well kept one for the torch)

Last edited:

Jorge330823

Aug 16, 2011
I'm having an issue with my ns4g. Maybe someone can shed light on the situation. Basically it seems like my soft keys down at the bottom (back, menu, search, and home) don't seem to sleep as the screen does. If I turn of screen and press a button they light up. But just the buttons. Regardless of how long I wait. I could leave it off for an hour and do it and they still light up. I was thinking maybe kernel problem with BLN ( netarchy 1.4 CDs) but im not entirely sure

BlackHawkA4

Oct 15, 2010
New York
I'm having an issue with my ns4g. Maybe someone can shed light on the situation. Basically it seems like my soft keys down at the bottom (back, menu, search, and home) don't seem to sleep as the screen does. If I turn of screen and press a button they light up. But just the buttons. Regardless of how long I wait. I could leave it off for an hour and do it and they still light up. I was thinking maybe kernel problem with BLN ( netarchy 1.4 CDs) but im not entirely sure

Dumb question. Do you have unread messages in your notifications? Cause that would be the bln add on.

I thought the same thing the first time I used bln.

They wont turn off till you read all your messages or download the bln app from the market where you can set them to time out.

us3rX

Oct 30, 2008
Chicago
Not sure what caused it, But I downloaded and flashed the latest nightly, From the 25th I think. And I woke up to my phone just rebooting over and over. Not sure if anyone else is having that problem.

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
I used to have that prob. 90% sure it was caused by bln. I started turning off sync at night to test it out, which seemed to be a temp solution. You should be able to grab the free bln version from the market and turn it off.

Or better yet, here's an app called 'spark ' that'll let u turn on and off ezekeel's mods.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1249810

. . NS4G . . CM7 . .

Last edited:
Reactions: formula84

Jorge330823

Aug 16, 2011
Dumb question. Do you have unread messages in your notifications? Cause that would be the bln add on.

I thought the same thing the first time I used bln.

They wont turn off till you read all your messages or download the bln app from the market where you can set them to time out.

Noo no messages.because the first time I saw it I looked everywhere but I had nothing

MrBishop

May 30, 2010
Sadly from what I can tell Android 2.3.7 source code isn't available which means CyonagenMod can't get us Google Wallet just yet (for those who didn't know). I personally find it very upsetting how long this is taking.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

icecoldbong

Jul 12, 2010
Sadly from what I can tell Android 2.3.7 source code isn't available which means CyonagenMod can't get us Google Wallet just yet (for those who didn't know). I personally find it very upsetting how long this is taking.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

lol im sure everyone is concerned about how you are personally feeling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official thread to discuss the CyanogenMod nightlies for the Nexus S 4g (crespo4g).

Please refer to this thread for stable build for the regular Nexus S (crespo) on T-Mobile.

Boilerplate disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Real disclaimer
    Nightlies are not guaranteed to run or even compile. They are just a moment in time for the development for the NS4G and are in a constant state of flux

They also may seriously screw up your phone. Please be some what familar with Android and be willing to provide some logs going forward.

Code
    All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

Thanks
    Thanks goes out to joeykrim, toastcfh and teamwin for getting this started on an unofficial basis. I hope that they continue helping out with the project officially.

Download
    Find the latest nightly here : http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=crespo4g

Official gapps. Note: These do not have the latest gtalk builds yet.
    Unofficial gapps from the stock ROM This should have the updated gtalk

Changelog - Note: This is not an official changelog nor is expected to be accurate, but should be good enough.

Known issues
    • 4G Power widget doesn't work (hard coded to htc 4G apks)
    • Accelerometer/Compass doesn't work - Fixed in nightly #4
    Help wanted.

I want to enable 4G switch on this ROM by default to work. Since I have no 4G version I need your help. You can find me at freenode into #crespo channel

PD: I'm sorry for all that issues with gamma correction bars, my fault. Now is all solved.

Thank
    I worked with KalimochoAz and submitted a patch for the signal loss...will be fixed in next nightly.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Reserved for pictures of cats.
    got the shakes and seeing spiders :eek::confused::eek:...need my cm fix. anybody have an eta nightlies will be back online?
    -Nexism

When the pharmacy is closed, you can always get it off the street. Howzabout some nice smooth kang to cure what ails ya?

http://fitsnugly.euroskank.com/gigglebread/crespo4g/