FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

THE GPS Fix

332 posts
Thanks Meter: 46
 
By jwl12345, Senior Member on 3rd September 2011, 08:38 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd September 2011, 10:40 PM |#31  
Senior Member
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
In my experience, GPS on Infuse is certainly better than Captivate, but not navigation worthy. May be only to check if there are coffee shops nearby.

Does anyone have experience with both Infuse and Galaxy S2? Can you rely on Galaxy S2 GPS for navigation.
 
 
22nd September 2011, 10:46 PM |#32  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I seem to get good gps, i am in a city though, would this is say improve if i were out in the forest/desert? Also can you get gps when you sent get service like how a gps in my jeep gets signal when my phone doesn't?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 04:09 AM |#33  
Senior Member
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veener79

I have done this. I go outside. My phone can see 6 Sats. It will not lock!

Try cold start.
23rd September 2011, 04:15 AM |#34  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,348
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irierider

I seem to get good gps, i am in a city though, would this is say improve if i were out in the forest/desert? Also can you get gps when you sent get service like how a gps in my jeep gets signal when my phone doesn't?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Could be that our cars might be having a long antenna with the body too acting as one. Wherein the phone in our hand is way to small to have even a reasonable size antenna.
23rd September 2011, 06:53 AM |#35  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo009

Could be that our cars might be having a long antenna with the body too acting as one. Wherein the phone in our hand is way to small to have even a reasonable size antenna.

I meant more like the portable gps that are about the size of.a phone and no real.antenna

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 01:15 PM |#36  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
spirent-lcs was my default. Just leaving it here for reference in case this screws my phone up.

Didn't do crap.
Last edited by strychninetwitch; 23rd September 2011 at 01:22 PM.
23rd September 2011, 01:28 PM |#37  
diablo009's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,348
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irierider

I meant more like the portable gps that are about the size of.a phone and no real.antenna

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Personally, I feel GPS is an addon to market phone. Its more useful to search around stuff, but not as accurate as GPS units available in market. Plus standalone GPS unit's primary task is to be used as GPS, wherein its just am added benefit on our phone. So comparison between the two may not be apt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 03:01 PM |#38  
jwl12345's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strychninetwitch

spirent-lcs was my default. Just leaving it here for reference in case this screws my phone up.

Didn't do crap.

spirent is known to not work.


From XDA App on Infused v2.2.2 OCed to 1.6 GHz
25th September 2011, 05:24 PM |#39  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Greetings! Prompt how to enter please in LBSTestMode? * # * #3214789650 # * #* doesn't work. Through Launcher too it is impossible. An android 2.3.4, an insertion matrux portable from Galaxy S through Hellraiser beta 6. "There was an unexpected stop of appendix Service mode (process com.sec.android.app.servicemodeapp). Repeat attempt."
GPS badly works, it is not connected at all to companions more precisely.
27th September 2011, 02:23 PM |#40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnotic2009

Greetings! Prompt how to enter please in LBSTestMode? * # * #3214789650 # * #* doesn't work. Through Launcher too it is impossible. An android 2.3.4, an insertion matrux portable from Galaxy S through Hellraiser beta 6. "There was an unexpected stop of appendix Service mode (process com.sec.android.app.servicemodeapp). Repeat attempt."
GPS badly works, it is not connected at all to companions more precisely.

I too need to know how to enter this in LBSTestMode or Angry GPS. How do I get one or the other? I've searched for them in Market, but to no avail.

UPDATE: Forget it. I found that you have to turn off GPS for the string to work. Go into settings and choose the location and turn off your GPS.
Last edited by kapurcell; 27th September 2011 at 02:31 PM.
27th September 2011, 03:14 PM |#41  
jwl12345's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Oddly enough, I found you have to have GPS on...

From XDA App on Infused v2.2.3 OCed to 1.6 GHz

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes