[Q] Anyone able to access hidden wifi networks?

Search This thread

nutnithin

Jun 13, 2011
ajman
have been using mango for a month now...and then got the mango update today..still noticed that cant connect to hidden wifi networks...can anyone else connect?i read in a post that you can connect to them in mango by going to the wifi setttings page and pressing advanced where an add option would be available...cant seem to get it...

digitaller

Sep 5, 2007
have been using mango for a month now...and then got the mango update today..still noticed that cant connect to hidden wifi networks...can anyone else connect?i read in a post that you can connect to them in mango by going to the wifi setttings page and pressing advanced where an add option would be available...cant seem to get it...
Same question here. I can not find the tethering fuction either.

nutnithin

Jun 13, 2011
ajman

FocusH

Oct 5, 2011
Most unfortunate update(Mango). After all the hype the features are incomplete.
Now I am feeling sorry that I ever bought Samsung Focus.

Dec 21, 2011
Houston, TX
No + Sign

Bought one unlocked for 300$, has the mango udpate, but no + sign for Hidden n/w's. It sure is painful, there is no point using data plan while in office/home. any idea when is the next update coming?

MisterPhilleh

Mar 19, 2010
I recall reading something about the version of a certain piece of hardware Dell choose to include in the phone. The particular chip (Qualcomm I believe) doesn't allow for broadcasting of N band wireless networks and doesn't enable recognition of hidden WiFi networks, thus no tethering and only public wireless networks for now. Again this is just what I've seen her and there so don't quote me on it haha.
I've heard talk about a firmware work-around despite hardware limitations so there is some hope, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for now.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

nutnithin

Jun 13, 2011
ajman
yup me too read about the hardware article...its sad that one of the initial flagship windows phones doesnt have much on hardware terms...btw tethering is possible through the em app...you can search through xda to do it...but hidden networks i doubt anymore...dont think they will be releasing a new firmware anytime soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recall reading something about the version of a certain piece of hardware Dell choose to include in the phone. The particular chip (Qualcomm I believe) doesn't allow for broadcasting of N band wireless networks and doesn't enable recognition of hidden WiFi networks, thus no tethering and only public wireless networks for now. Again this is just what I've seen her and there so don't quote me on it haha.
    I've heard talk about a firmware work-around despite hardware limitations so there is some hope, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for now.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App