5,593,587 Members 37,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Tip us?

Yorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fo0you View Post
Not 'Shed, but a self-confessed UOT kitchen and theming addict here...

If all you do is use standard theme chooser themes, then yeah, ODEX is probably your best bet

The only reason non-odex is good for heavy theming is that ODEX roms don't allow for statusbar transparency (like are found in certain theme chooser themes), and certain other changes that requires the classes.dex file in the systemui.apk (which ODEX does not have).
Thanks! Good info.

Sent from my ERIS using XDA App
Galaxy Nexus running stock

Yorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Bug report for ya shed: Facebook connect doesn't work for a lot of apps. So far i've noticed it on words with friends, hanging with friends, and flixster Movies. movies worked in 3.8, the others did not. :/

The Following User Says Thank You to Yorb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dusthead
Old
Thanks Meter 3
the down direction for my trackball isn't working...got in to recovery and was like WAAAAAAAT!? lol. a little pivoting force placed on my usb connection while plugged in - tried the whole range to find the right one - and then it worked but only when i hold that little bit of force on it.

haha, turns out i can even just push down and off of my usb cable to move the selection down (instead of rolling the trackball). it's not perfect, but humorous.

the things we do to keep our erii alive - and using the freshest GSB...
Sprint Crap LG --> Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Centro --> Vzn Droid Eris --> Vzn Droid X --> CredoMobile Nexus S 4G --> Tmo Galaxy S 4

Running Everyday: Stock for now
Never Forget: KaosFroyo for Eris

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusthead View Post
the down direction for my trackball isn't working...got in to recovery and was like WAAAAAAAT!? lol. a little pivoting force placed on my usb connection while plugged in - tried the whole range to find the right one - and then it worked but only when i hold that little bit of force on it..
You should install ScaryAlien's alternate version of Amon_RA that allows you to use the hardware keys to move up and down and select as well as the trackball.

See http://androidforums.com/eris-all-th...-required.html (use Scenario 3).

danam
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I probably don't want to hear the answer to this, but can I just flash this on top of 3.8 or do I have to wipe and reinstall gapps, apps, and settings?

Yorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danam View Post
I probably don't want to hear the answer to this, but can I just flash this on top of 3.8 or do I have to wipe and reinstall gapps, apps, and settings?
Wipe data and dalvik like it says, just to be safe. Apps should redownload automatically. But yes you'll have to redo settings. took me about 4hrs. :P

workshed
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 726

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorb View Post
Bug report for ya shed: Facebook connect doesn't work for a lot of apps. So far i've noticed it on words with friends, hanging with friends, and flixster Movies. movies worked in 3.8, the others did not. :/

Hmm, would definitely need a logcat of you trying to connect. Not sure if I've ever used the feature, so I'm not totally sure what you're talking about. Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorb View Post
Wipe data and dalvik like it says, just to be safe. Apps should redownload automatically. But yes you'll have to redo settings. took me about 4hrs. :P

Yorb would be correct lol. 4.0 has a totally different framework so it'd be wise to start fresh
HTC Droid Eris
- GSB -[CM7.2.0-RC1] ROM
- FroShedYo -[CM6.1] ROM
- Follow me on Twitter

If you would like to contribute to the effort, you can... but it's never expected.
Thank You, and Enjoy
!

Super_Dork_42
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Okay, so I don't know what's going on here, but there have been some apps show up in the market that used to work with my phone on previous versions of this ROM and on other ROMs, but now say they are incompatible with my phone. What's going on. So far there have been two, but I am still trying to restore everything to the way I had it and have about 32 apps left to remember and redownload since the TB backups of the same apps in xtrSENSE don't work in GSB. Does anyone have a working apk for either Ministry School Timer or Google+ I could get from you?
I know it's not normal to ask for money if you aren't a developer, so I won't. However, if you feel like it, I won't turn it down. I have been out of work, despite looking for a job, for over a year and a half.(I just got a job but it's only 5 hours a week, and I can't start until I learn to drive stick) My paypal donate thing is on the side there if you feel like.

Current phone :
HTC One S (stock JB, rooted, s-off. Looking into supercid, then custom roms like MaximusHD by LlabTooFeR)

jsmith.98
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Dork_42 View Post
Okay, so I don't know what's going on here, but there have been some apps show up in the market that used to work with my phone on previous versions of this ROM and on other ROMs, but now say they are incompatible with my phone. What's going on. So far there have been two, but I am still trying to restore everything to the way I had it and have about 32 apps left to remember and redownload since the TB backups of the same apps in xtrSENSE don't work in GSB. Does anyone have a working apk for either Ministry School Timer or Google+ I could get from you?
MongooseHelix posted a working (older) version to Google+ on CS's forum in response to the newest version not working with the Eris. Here's a link to the post...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1067
The Following User Says Thank You to jsmith.98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhistlingDog
Old
Thanks Meter 20
4.0 odex working well so far.

Did the full wipe/reinstall. The market didn't install all of my apps, but after an hour of manually installing them they're all here... at least the ones I actually use (housekeeping is good). Installed CS's HTC-IME-MOD keyboard (have come to like it better than the stock gingerbread version--larger keys for our tiny screen).

Working well and feeling a bit snappier than 3.8
Thx, Shed!

Tags
cyanogenmod, desirec, eris, gsb, workshed