FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Updated Android Market For Honeycomb & Phones - Ice Cream Sandwich Market (4.0)

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By ndgayan, Member on 29th September 2011, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/09...ew-publishing/

Yep, a long-awaited update to the tablet Market is definitely in full effect, and it looks nearly identical to the phone Market. This is no coincidence, either-- remember the minor update that El Goog pushed to phones last week? It turns out that is the same exact version that's being pushed to the XOOM. Yeah, that means you can simply download the 3.1.5 apk and install it on your tablet to get the new Market. That's all kinds of win.

--Thanks to droiddog uploading this video
Attached Files
File Type: apk Market_3.1.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.33 MB, 4412 views)
Last edited by ndgayan; 30th September 2011 at 12:05 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ndgayan For This Useful Post: [ View ]

29th September 2011, 10:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 419

More
I saw that this was included in the Xoom update that was pushed out today, and wondered when we might see it on the TF. Is there any downside to installing the market via sideload? Like, problems with future updates, that sort of thing?

Thanks for the link, by the way.
29th September 2011, 11:00 PM |#3  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Just installing it... Is it faster than on phones? It's unbearably slow on my phone

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
29th September 2011, 11:11 PM |#4  
Flag Ottawa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Flat

Just installing it... Is it faster than on phones? It's unbearably slow on my phone

29th September 2011, 11:47 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I'm sure this is Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) market. You can side load this and also can uninstall. (You can see 2 market icons. One is original old one and other is new one. New one you can uninstall.) Try it......
30th September 2011, 03:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Thanks for posting this. Its nice to be able to view the market long way now. Works very well so far on my TF.
30th September 2011, 05:32 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Some games that use in-app billing doesnt work well with this new market and the only way to solve this is to either wait for the game developers to fix their game or to uninstall the update to play the game. Not sure what google changed that caused 2-3 of my games force closing during startup due to this new update.
30th September 2011, 08:06 AM |#8  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
There are supposedly some issues with it regarding multiple market apps installed locally, and some stability issues.

I'm going to wait until it's official

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
30th September 2011, 04:21 PM |#9  
North FL

More
eh same here. i hardly use the market anyway
30th September 2011, 04:36 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
So if its the same market as the phone market, ca i use the themed market apk'son my tabs without issue?
30th September 2011, 06:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 650

More
It'd be nice if Google focused on features rather than just rearranging the layout in each release. I could care less about the pretty, but that's basically all they seem to care about with the market. From the video it appears there's still no way to submit a review from the tablet without opening Market in your browser, and still no way to filter or sort apps, both of which make the stock market near-useless to me. (Have to use AppBrain to find apps, then I install in the stock market for stability).

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread