Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated Android Market For Honeycomb & Phones - Ice Cream Sandwich Market (4.0)

Tip us?

ndgayan
Old
(Last edited by ndgayan; 30th September 2011 at 12:05 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Wink Updated Android Market For Honeycomb & Phones - Ice Cream Sandwich Market (4.0)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/09...ew-publishing/

Yep, a long-awaited update to the tablet Market is definitely in full effect, and it looks nearly identical to the phone Market. This is no coincidence, either-- remember the minor update that El Goog pushed to phones last week? It turns out that is the same exact version that's being pushed to the XOOM. Yeah, that means you can simply download the 3.1.5 apk and install it on your tablet to get the new Market. That's all kinds of win.

--Thanks to droiddog uploading this video
Attached Files
File Type: apk Market_3.1.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.33 MB, 4394 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ndgayan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wynand32
Old
Thanks Meter 419
I saw that this was included in the Xoom update that was pushed out today, and wondered when we might see it on the TF. Is there any downside to installing the market via sideload? Like, problems with future updates, that sort of thing?

Thanks for the link, by the way.

C.Flat
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Just installing it... Is it faster than on phones? It's unbearably slow on my phone

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
LG G3 D855

C.Flat
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Flat View Post
Just installing it... Is it faster than on phones? It's unbearably slow on my phone

LG G3 D855

ndgayan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I'm sure this is Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) market. You can side load this and also can uninstall. (You can see 2 market icons. One is original old one and other is new one. New one you can uninstall.) Try it......

Pete720
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Thanks for posting this. Its nice to be able to view the market long way now. Works very well so far on my TF.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G LTE - Rooted/Unlocked
ROM: Liquidsmooth

Samsung Galaxy Note - Rooted/Unlocked to T-Mobile
ROM: ICS with SIII TW

mlbl
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Some games that use in-app billing doesnt work well with this new market and the only way to solve this is to either wait for the game developers to fix their game or to uninstall the update to play the game. Not sure what google changed that caused 2-3 of my games force closing during startup due to this new update.
Check Out My Android Site:

Android Supernova

Try Out My Free Android Apps:

Screen On Toggler v1.5 (HoneyComb Compatible) | Rotation Toggler v1.3 (HoneyComb Compatible) | Video List Player 1.10 (HoneyComb Compatible) | More Apps

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Thanks Meter 443

DONATE TO ME
There are supposedly some issues with it regarding multiple market apps installed locally, and some stability issues.

I'm going to wait until it's official

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb

uploder
Old
Thanks Meter 44
eh same here. i hardly use the market anyway

sonami
Old
Thanks Meter 27
So if its the same market as the phone market, ca i use the themed market apk'son my tabs without issue?