Online flash videos is always blank

OP comc49

29th September 2011, 08:13 PM   |  #11  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 93

370 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=856502&page=6

This thread, post 58-not the op! (posted be killbynature) is what fixed my sound/no picture for on line flash videos a few months ago...am on 10.3 now, faux's aosp without issues...just out of curiosity, which cm7 are you on?
29th September 2011, 08:21 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupetastic-droid

Google the 10.1 apk. That one should work for online video. Make sure to reboot tue device after installing the apk.

Nope, that doesn't work. Neither does version 10.2.156.12 as was suggested before. Since I have these problems with both online and local videos, I think that it's something more "substantial" than the flash player ...
2nd October 2011, 06:26 PM   |  #13  

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flir31207

I have a similar - but worse - problem. I cannot watch online videos (e.g. from YouTube), but I can also not watch videos that I have stored locally on the SD card. I both cases I can hear the sound but no video is shown.
Installing Flash 10.1 did neither solve the online video nor the local video problem :(

Today I was able to fix my problem, which was apparently triggered by the kernel I use - DemonSpeed v9. After getting rid of it and going back to the kernel that comes with CM7, why videos all work now (so does my camera, which also no longer work, recently).
2nd October 2011, 07:13 PM   |  #14  
Flag cali
Thanks Meter: 326

2,101 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flir31207

Today I was able to fix my problem, which was apparently triggered by the kernel I use - DemonSpeed v9. After getting rid of it and going back to the kernel that comes with CM7, why videos all work now (so does my camera, which also no longer work, recently).

Yea, I believe demonsoeed is for sense only. Try an asop kernel, like one of faux asop kernels.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
2nd October 2011, 08:38 PM   |  #15  

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupetastic-droid

Yea, I believe demonsoeed is for sense only. Try an asop kernel, like one of faux asop kernels.

There is indeed a demonspeed kernel for Sense based ROMs; but there is also one for CM7 based ROMs and that's the one I used. SO it does not seem to be a general incompatibility between my kernel and ROM.

Right now, I'll stick with "stock" CM7.1 for a few days and then maybe try the faux kernel ...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread