[Tutorial][Tweak][Deodex] Disable verify-bytecode!
First of all, i take no credit for this. Thanks to nibras_reeza
for this tweak! I've tested this for SGA and I can feel an even better performance boost though i'm already using Grif_07's CM7.1 Kang Beta 2! You can go to the original thread here - Get more RAM and faster responses by disabling verify-bytecode!
. I've added some instructions that would be more applicable for Ace.
- Terminal Emulator
- Root Explorer or File Expert (or any file manager that has root access)
This tweak will give a performance boost in deodexed ROMs as much as odexing system & data apps. This is an alternative for odexing.
1) Open Terminal Emulator on phone or adb shell from PC and type the following.
setprop dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode false
setprop dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags v=n,o=v
2) Wipe both caches and reboot system
3) Open root explorer, go to /system/
and edit build.prop in R/W mode then add these lines:
dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode = false
If lines starting with dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode or dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags exist already, please modify them as above. Note that there might be two entries for dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags; remove the second one.
4) After saving build.prop, reboot to recovery then wipe both caches again.
5) Reboot system. Done.
Originally Posted by nibras_reeza
You can read more information about this on here and here.
- More free RAM.
- Faster launch for system & user apps during the second launch.
- Gives as much as of a performance boost as ODEX without odexing. Themer friendly.
- Smoother app switching.
To undo this tweak,
Type the following in Teminal Emulator.
setprop dalvik.vm.verify-bytecode true
Then wipe both caches then reboot.