Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 47,178 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

!! 64GB + 16GB = 80GB !! Yes, I did it to my Epic 4G Touch too

Tip us?

Amd4life
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I'm curious too, so did you hack the back cover somehow?

walord
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
Looks cool. If only there were a lower-profile solution so there wouldn't be an enormous bulge after putting on a skin.
You could use an extended battery door cover instead.

This is an interesting mod but with micro SDXC available it'll only be a short while before people are using 64GB cards that actually fit into the microSD slot. There was already a review of the 64GB micro SDXC showing that it worked without any mods in the Galaxy SII...
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Help me get more Dropbox space! Sign up for your own free 2GB of online storage space here www.dropbox.com and get an additional 250MB for helping me out!

R1ptide
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by walord View Post
You could use an extended battery door cover instead.

This is an interesting mod but with micro SDXC available it'll only be a short while before people are using 64GB cards that actually fit into the microSD slot. There was already a review of the 64GB micro SDXC showing that it worked without any mods in the Galaxy SII...

True but $200
Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to R1ptide For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

walord
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ptide View Post
True but $200
Actually it's $219.99 + 6.00 s&h but it won't make your $499 phone look like garbage.

Don't get me wrong I love to hack and mod but I'm not about to make my phone look ghetto fabulous...
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Help me get more Dropbox space! Sign up for your own free 2GB of online storage space here www.dropbox.com and get an additional 250MB for helping me out!
The Following User Says Thank You to walord For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edisonalvarez
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Love how we cn jack theae phones......lools a little rough but the fact u pulled it off. Very nice.
I like how thin this phone is. I guess ill wait to see if the price drops on the other cards. I have my 8G card from my evo so 24G of storage should hold me for a while.

latinmaxima
Old
Thanks Meter 53
When we get an extended battery cover, this should be a more viable offering. I can't see cutting into the stock battery cover with or without a case. But an extended definitely should have the room.
2004 Nissan Maxima SE

VonLaserface
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I half considered giving the original back a little bump mod fashioned from fiberglass but I can't find any replacement backs online just yet.

I'll wait for the extended battery covers to start showing up and go to town on a Dremel with that instead. Far cheaper and less risk of doom that way.
Current Stuff:
Galaxy Note i717
Nexus 7

Amd4life
Old
Thanks Meter 74
can you post pics, of what it looks like

i can easily glass a new back, I just wanted to see how bulky it got

also what are the costs of each part?

I have no idea where to get these parts

I use my phone as a media storage so having the extra space would be nice for me personally