ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

Search This thread

luminouche

Oct 1, 2007
Paris, FR
1st question !

Just bought a French HSDPA 8.9", locked on Orange network
Is there a chance to unlock it, using SGS or SGS2 tools available on Android Market ?
File structure is the same, network lock is probably stored in nv_data.bin (like SGS)

CanEpia

Sep 12, 2008
what is required to get the new forum opened for the 8.9? A willing Mod? A certain number of committed devs? Enough user requests (is where do we send them)?

CanEpia

Sep 12, 2008
what android version is on your 8.9? Reviews say it comes with 3.2 preloaded but mine has 3.1 and when i check for updates it says there are none.

varxx

Oct 6, 2011
system info screen shot for GT 8.9

Attached is a screen shot of the Quadrant Standard output for my Galaxy Tab 8.9. It shows the specs of the cpu, OS, etc.

Attachments

• GalTab89_QuadStandardOutput.jpg
    GalTab89_QuadStandardOutput.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 955
Last edited:

cle_m_ent

Nov 8, 2008
Lyon
The P7300 rom released by samfirmware from asia worked on european model ?

It's multilanguage ?

Thanks.

Edit : yes, most language from all countries.

Last edited:

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
what is the t250s 1.5 ghz processor announced in the galaxy tab 8.9 on october second , is any one having this upgraded specs tab http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and...b-89-Offers-Smaller-Body-Bigger-Specs-101952/

Would you believe that source instead of this one from Samsung? Read around the middle of the page (Google Maps pic).

Anyways I'd love a forum for this tablet I bought on the 7th. It is magnificent and pretty speedy (and even more so when you turn off all animations and delete useless Samsung widgets). Although I am waiting for Samfirmware.com to get the American source (they only have the Asian one for the 7310 which has a different versioning scheme) so I am able to ODIN safely.

Reactions: hoss_n2

esdwa

Oct 9, 2010
www.eskwadrat.com
Netflix apk for 8.9 ?

Just got my GT8.9-32GB today. Tried to install Netflix app 1.4.1 shows service unavailable error message. Same thing with 1.3 and 1.4.0. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Until we Get a Forum for the 8.9 can you use this Thread
    Thanks Guys
    A :)
    what android version is on your 8.9? Reviews say it comes with 3.2 preloaded but mine has 3.1 and when i check for updates it says there are none.

It should be 3.1 .. exactly like Tab 10.1
    I flash the KI1 rom for my Orange branded rom galaxy tab 8.9, and I can rooted her and I have no yellow triangle like GS2.

So I think you can flash !

And I keep my IMEI. ;)

Yes it is a no wipe rom.
    there is no moisture problem,couse there is another Display! The Brightnes is a bit Lower than 10.1 it´s Time to develop a litle bit:)
    As requested...

Ok, I will say what I did and how but please note there's no turning back if you make a mistake as there is no American ODIN image (as of today on samfirmware.com) to return the tablet to its original state. That said, I'm not responsible for damages of any kind on your Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Root Instructions: HERE (also look at the second post for manual entry to the default Samsung Recovery)

- After rooting, I acquired Titanium Backup on the Market to delete Samsung bloat. There's lots of tutorials for Titanium Backup on the net, but be careful when deleting stuff, you've been warned. If you don't know what is X or Y program, google it or don't touch it. If you delete something you don't have an idea what it is, you run the risk of soft-bricking your Tab, once more, you've been warned.

- For accelerating shutdown/boot time a little, I used Root Explorer (to backup/copy or delete stuff tap on Mount R/W on the upper side of the app AND PLEASE BACKUP THE FILES/FOLDERS I'M ABOUT TO MENTION in case you want the boot/shutdown animations and tunes back). On /etc folder you see a music file named 1_Power_on.ogg and that's the tune you hear while the phone's booting.

Then on /system/media you see two files named bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg and yes those are logically the two files responsible for the spacey boot animation. On /system/media/video you see a shutdown folder and logically this is related to the shutdown animation. Before deleting files, I backed up said files (just tapped Copy and pasted them in another location) in case I wanted to restore them later on by putting them where they belong.