[Q] 3D Button expanded functionality mod request
Not allowed to post in the developer section yet or I would've requested it to be added to the CameraMOD 3D posted by ErosizeD.
My biggest problem with the O3D is that the screen constantly switches off, your in the middle of doing something, or even just answer a call and instead of the in-call screen it will just swich off disabling the capacitive buttons. The only way to get it to come back on is to fiddle around trying to find the lock/on/off key....
I've requested this in the LG forum but doubt they listen to their customers. Hence, it would be great if one of the developers on xda could do a mod for the 3D button, making it smarter by incorporating the following functionality:
1. With the screen off, a single press of the button switches the screen on.
2. With the screen locked and on or off, keeping the button depressed for 3 to 4 seconds unlocks the screen and also switches it on if it was already off.
3. With the screen on and unlocked, it functions as it does now, as in launching the ‘3D Space’ app and if pressed whilst viewing 3D pictures, it switches between 2D and 3D view.
4. If the button is pressed whilst watching a video it works the same way as the Samsung i8910 whereby keeping the video playing with the screen ON but disabling the capacitive icons and the touch screen sensors/input (very useful for children). Holding the button down again would re-enable the touch screen.
5. If the button is pressed whilst the camera is on, it acts as the capture button to take pictures or start/stop video recording.
It does not need it to lock and switch off the screen as the current on/off button is fine for that purpose. It would also be very useful if pressing either of the volume buttons when the screen is OFF, simply switches the screen on!
Hope this is possible and thanks for reading this request.