FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Starter]Stock 2.3.4 DeoDexed

10th October 2011, 05:54 AM |#11  
AtLemacks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mishawaka, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 194
 
Donate to Me
More
Good stuff man! Seem to be on the ball even though you are new to it!
 
 
10th October 2011, 05:57 AM |#12  
Peperm1nt's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan
Thanks Meter: 187
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLemacks

Good stuff man! Seem to be on the ball even though you are new to it!

Thanks, can't wait to release my rom for 2.3.4. I'm pretty sure most are going to be impressed. Its looks like it will be way more stable than the Beta was. Ima put up the Change Log probably tomorrow and roll out the Release sometime this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peperm1nt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2011, 12:55 PM |#13  
mygraine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Thanks for posting this. Saved me sbfin' before work this mourning.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
10th October 2011, 07:04 PM |#14  
AtLemacks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mishawaka, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 194
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperm1nt

Thanks, can't wait to release my rom for 2.3.4. I'm pretty sure most are going to be impressed. Its looks like it will be way more stable than the Beta was. Ima put up the Change Log probably tomorrow and roll out the Release sometime this week.

For your Gingerbread Phone 7 rom?
10th October 2011, 07:25 PM |#15  
Peperm1nt's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan
Thanks Meter: 187
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLemacks

For your Gingerbread Phone 7 rom?


This is just stock deodexed. The Rom will be released sometime this week.
10th October 2011, 09:51 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm on the SBF of 2.3.4 which I debloated with Titanium. Would flashing to this deodexed version do anything for me? I looked up the definition of deodexed but was still a little confused. Is it faster than the stock odexed version? Can someone offer me a dumb down explanation?

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
10th October 2011, 10:02 PM |#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts175

I'm on the SBF of 2.3.4 which I debloated with Titanium. Would flashing to this deodexed version do anything for me? I looked up the definition of deodexed but was still a little confused. Is it faster than the stock odexed version? Can someone offer me a dumb down explanation?

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

I would like to know as well


Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
10th October 2011, 10:52 PM |#18  
mooniefresh13's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Williamson, WV
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Deodex roms enable you to theme and do all sorts of other black magic Android voodoo on your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to mooniefresh13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2011, 11:43 PM |#19  
ilovesoad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Plano, TX
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooniefresh13

Deodex roms enable you to theme and do all sorts of other black magic Android voodoo on your phone.

Lol that's the first time I've heard it put like that. Thanks for the laugh.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
11th October 2011, 12:37 AM |#20  
Peperm1nt's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan
Thanks Meter: 187
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooniefresh13

Deodex roms enable you to theme and do all sorts of other black magic Android voodoo on your phone.

lmao this is great.

To answer the question, deodexing is to enable customization to the rom. Also, In theory, you SHOULD get better performance due to the processor only reading apk, as opposed to two. Some say its not as quick, others say it is quick. Bottom line, you NEED this to be done if you are going to design a custom rom or to do a theme. Alos, this allows easier bloat removal, imo, because you are now faced with just deleting 1 file as opposed to two.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.4, deodexed, droid x2
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes