Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more

Nexus Player 5.1 LMY47D Rooted

We recently featured the Nexus Player, Google’s second attempt at a digital media … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

HTC Evo 3D security update

14th October 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #11  
Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Hi, i also got the update. But after downloading when i Select install now, the phone reboots and goes into a screen which shows a blue android with an exlamation point on top.

I am have unlocked bootloader(htc method) and using revolutionary recovery.

For some reason its not installing.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA App
15th October 2011, 12:09 AM   |  #12  
yousefak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 850
 
1,785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihalvm

Hi, i also got the update. But after downloading when i Select install now, the phone reboots and goes into a screen which shows a blue android with an exlamation point on top.

I am have unlocked bootloader(htc method) and using revolutionary recovery.

For some reason its not installing.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA App

Check out the link in my signature.
15th October 2011, 05:08 AM   |  #13  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,664
 
2,031 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2007
Donate to Me
well this looks good - they deleted this crap
Code:
ui_print("Deleting specific files...");
delete_recursive("/data/data/com.htc.loggers/",
                 "/sdcard/htclog/");
....
   "/system/app/HtcLoggers.apk", "/system/app/HtcLoggers.odex",
       "/system/app/NetLogger.apk", "/system/app/NetLogger.odex",
       "/system/app/QXDM2SD.apk", "/system/app/QXDM2SD.odex",
       "/system/bin/androidvncserver", "/system/bin/usbnet",
       "/system/lib/libhtc_loggers.so", "/system/lib/libhtc_netlogger.so",
       "/system/lib/libhtcqxdm2sd.so",
Looks like sigs were changed and maybe a HtcLaputa update too. havent applied patches to see what else is done yet
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrevE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2011, 06:45 AM   |  #14  
Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 12
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefak

Check out the link in my signature.


If u wanted me to try re-unlocking my bootloader. i did that , but nothing happened. still i get the same error. tried Official CWM , with this i get a green android with an exclamation mark.

but with relocked bootloader it just goes into HBOOT and stays there. nothing else happens.
15th October 2011, 08:04 AM   |  #15  
Nitemar3's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisvillani

You should post this in dev section to let debate now .

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

what dev section evo 3d or Android Software Development
15th October 2011, 08:50 AM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Flag Round Rock, TX US
Thanks Meter: 11
 
154 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
More
Now we just need Sprint to get this Out in the US.

Sent from my Evo 3D via Tapatalk
15th October 2011, 09:20 PM   |  #17  
yousefak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 850
 
1,785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Nitemar,

I see you are trying to update with root. You can't apply updates with root. Instead, you will need to flash the updated ROM in your development section. (Evo 3D GSM development)
16th October 2011, 09:44 AM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 13
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
will this patch update the hboot version as well? I'll have to ignore it if it does, I've been waiting so long for the Rev team to unlock the .00012 hboot.
16th October 2011, 09:51 AM   |  #19  
Nitemar3's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 6
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredabyss

will this patch update the hboot version as well? I'll have to ignore it if it does, I've been waiting so long for the Rev team to unlock the .00012 hboot.

i just gave up on waiting my hboot is .0013. i local rooted my evo 3d but couldnt do much. i even temp rooted it . but at the end i just used htc method and unlocked bootloader and installed custom rom. i dont think this update, updates your hboot i may be wrong but this update is to address the logger issue.
16th October 2011, 12:40 PM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 13
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemar3

i just gave up on waiting my hboot is .0013. i local rooted my evo 3d but couldnt do much. i even temp rooted it . but at the end i just used htc method and unlocked bootloader and installed custom rom. i dont think this update, updates your hboot i may be wrong but this update is to address the logger issue.

Does this update fix the friend stream widget issue? Mine friend stream always crash sense when refreshing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes