Market problems

Search This thread

lpalvaro

Oct 5, 2010
Many times, when i try to download an app, the market says that i don't have space for it, and of course i have. I tried to move apps to the SD, and it still happens. I rolled back to the old market and it says that the download failed.
I can only solve it with a reboot, when i reboot, i can download lots of apps with no problem, but after some time, the error comes back and i've to reboot again
i've tried uninstalling updates, cleaning market data, etc...
I've clean JVT with semaphore kernel
how can i solve it and why this happens? it also happen with you?
And i've another question, why the market says that apps like nfl rivals are not compatible with my phone when they are? it also says that most of gameloft games are not compatible my GT-i9000

gtluis

Sep 21, 2010
Dallas
Might be a problem with a ext4 partition, this has happend to me when on voodoo lagfix and then installed another rom non-lagfixed.

Try to reinstall your rom using repartition with 512.pit file, this should help.

You should always remove any lagfixes before changing roms unless instructed otherwise.

About games compatibility... I really don't know, maybe is part of the same problem.

elhennig

Feb 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Fairphone 4
Might be a problem with a ext4 partition, this has happend to me when on voodoo lagfix and then installed another rom non-lagfixed.

No, this is a market problem. It writes the downloaded files to /cache/ and sometimes does not delete old files, so there is no more space in that filesystem. Also if a apk is bigger than the size of /cache/ (~30M) it fails to install.

See also: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1243170

Reactions: lpalvaro

lpalvaro

Oct 5, 2010
No, this is a market problem. It writes the downloaded files to /cache/ and sometimes does not delete old files, so there is no more space in that filesystem. Also if a apk is bigger than the size of /cache/ (~30M) it fails to install.

so, that happens because /cache gets full, and when i reboot, the phone cleans it?
it also happens with the old market 2.XX
is there any way to fix that?
The game compatibility issue seems to happen because something is wrong with build.prop . In cyanogen happened something like this, so i changed a few lines of the build.prop to make market think that my phone is a nexus S and it worked.

McDown

Aug 14, 2011
so, that happens because /cache gets full, and when i reboot, the phone cleans it?
The game compatibility issue seems to happen because something is wrong with build.prop . In cyanogen happened something like this, so i changed a few lines of the build.prop to make market think that my phone is a nexus S and it worked.

You can enable 50mb virtual cash in Semaphore script manager. That should fix it.

Reactions: lpalvaro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can enable 50mb virtual cash in Semaphore script manager. That should fix it.