Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

Tip us?

3xeno
Old
(Last edited by 3xeno; 27th October 2011 at 10:27 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1427
Default Android 4.0 ICS Stuff (Fonts/Wallpapers/Ringtones/ClockWidget/Apps)

So, I checked the Live Blog of today's event, and I loved the new fonts Google has designed for ICS, called Roboto. I just had to get it.

I grabbed the system dump, and here's a flashable Zip for the fonts. Tested on CM7, should work on all ROMs. (Sense not tested). Nandroid backup before flashing, just in case. (Update - Attached the Flashable Stock Font Pack as well. In case something goes wrong, or, you simply need the old fonts back)

Also managed to find the wallpapers and ringtones attaching them. (Not resized, but I believe you are upto it). Wallpapers is not a Flashable Zip. Just a simple zip with the images.

Fonts (Related Attachments - FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip, FontPack-STOCK.zip)

- The Clock Widget in the screenshots (This, and for the Wallpapers Actual Preview is Simi Clock Widget)

FAQ's:

Q: The font didn't apply? There are no changes?
A: Firstly, make sure the font genuinely has not applied. The difference is pretty subtle, so, it is possible to miss it. First, check the lockscreen clock font. if it has still not applied, you probably have to try an alternate method to install these. Here is a before/after pic for comparison between the fonts.
Comparison Case 1
Before | After

Comparison Case 2
Before | After

Q: The flashable Zip did not work
A: Firstly, in case your phone hangs / bootloops, try again. There are quite a few members for whom this zip worked in the 2nd attempt. Fortunately, there are a ton of other ways to install fonts. Assuming you did not get into a bootloop, you can try one of these methods:
- Font Changer App from the Market
- ADB
- Terminal Emulator

Q: What about Non-root GS1/ GS2 users?
A: You are going to have to create a Flipfont APK file for the same in that case. The method is posted here.
In case you just want the readymade APK, it is available here. (Check the complete thread before installing)

=================================================

Wallpapers (Related Attachments - ICS WP.zip)

Preview

Actual Wallpapers Preview:

Ringtones (Related Attachments - ICS_Ringtones.zip (Non-Flashable), ICS_Audio.zip (Flashable))

In one word, they are disappointing, but, they can be found here. (It is a flashable zip, created by lordmorphous at the Streak Forums. Just directly linking the file here)

In case you do not prefer a flashable zip for the Ringtones, the simple zip with the ringtones included can be found attached.

Analog Clock Widget (Related Attachments - ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk, AnimatedICS_Clock.apk (With seconds hand))

Install like a normal APK File.

Screenshot:

If you would like to have an animated seconds hand along with the same clock, refer this post. Again, install like a normal APK.

Applications

There are just 3 at the moment, and it seems the others won't be coming so soon. Of the three, two work well on the Wildfire. Dedicated threads for the ICS Apps can be seen below:

Music 4.0.1 (Doesn't work) - Here. To download the APK, head here
Google+ 2.0.1 - Here
Market 3.2.0 - Here

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip ICS WP.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.92 MB, 31861 views)
File Type: zip FontPack-Roboto_E2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (257.5 KB, 33588 views)
File Type: zip ICS_Ringtones.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.66 MB, 17244 views)
File Type: apk ICSAnalogClock_1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (81.2 KB, 5560 views)
File Type: zip FontPack-STOCK.zip - [Click for QR Code] (362.3 KB, 14196 views)
LGE Google Nexus 4 16GB - AOSPA 4.5+ | NVidia Shield Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB - Stock

Device History -Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII

The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to 3xeno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Justice™
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Nice! I hope we can get a ICS port started soon.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Whilst I hate begging for thanks and such, if I've genuinely helped you or provided an insightful comment, a thanks is appreciated but not needed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Justice™ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zexcrazy
Old
Thanks Meter 423
Nice 3xeno. I love them
Phone:
HTC Sensation
Rom
ViperS
Kernel
SebastianFM
Previous phones:
HTC Wildfire
ZTE Grand X - Tegra 2

My work:
[Theme Chooser] EyeCandy-Animated theme for CM7
[Theme Chooser] RedPassion-Animated theme for CM7
co-dev on a Honeycomb3D theme
Whats next...after you retire your Wildfire?

stuffynet
Old
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
How much does it take to boot up when you change the fonts? Mine is still on the bootanimation after 10 minutes.
DEVICE: LG Nexus 4 16GB
ROM: Stock Untouched

3xeno
Old
Thanks Meter 1427
Doesn't take longer than a normal reboot after flashing something. (Or at most, it's slightly longer than normal). Guess you are in a bootloop.

Device History -Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII

The Following User Says Thank You to 3xeno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stuffynet
Old
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
I had to revert to the old fonts. it seems that the roboto ones don't work in my case. Thanks anyway for the walls and sounds.

3xeno
Old
Thanks Meter 1427
It's weird, I put up that attachment after personally testing it (As shown in the screenshots). I'll check again and revert. :/

zexcrazy
Old
Thanks Meter 423
Im so amaized by font that i had to post one again. Beautifull, it gaves all new look to the phone.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
Phone:
HTC Sensation
Rom
ViperS
Kernel
SebastianFM
Previous phones:
HTC Wildfire
ZTE Grand X - Tegra 2

My work:
[Theme Chooser] EyeCandy-Animated theme for CM7
[Theme Chooser] RedPassion-Animated theme for CM7
co-dev on a Honeycomb3D theme
Whats next...after you retire your Wildfire?
The Following User Says Thank You to zexcrazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

3xeno
Old
Thanks Meter 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by zexcrazy View Post
Im so amaized by font that i had to post one again. Beautifull, it gaves all new look to the phone.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
Totally agree mate, which is precisely what I have said in the 1st line of this thread. The moment I saw the slide at the event, I KNEW I had to get this font somehow.

stuffynet
Old
Thanks Meter 369

DONATE TO ME
I can't get it to start. Not even with the original fonts. And I forgot to do a backup first. Any suggestions?