Search This thread

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hey guys

I'm thinking to buy the 7" Tab Plus or the 7.7" one(when they will appear:) ) and I was wondering if any of you have any experience with PLS LCD and Super Amoled Plus displays.
Which one is better,in terms of quality,power usage,etc:)

I googled for that but it didn't help much,and i'd prefer to hear from someone who saw in real life both displays :)

hoss_n2

As we know both are made bu samsungand both are the best in market (even better than the ipad IPS Screen ) but Pls screen has more natural colours like what we see with our eye in real world . Amoled colours are so vivid like animation movies ,etc but it is very good in power saving and better in black color . Finally it depends on your taste and how you prefere to see colors and you should see both side by side to decide but personally I hated my friends galaxy s2 after I compared it to my galaxy tab 10.1
advice : (buy galaxy tab 7.7 higher resolution , better processor ,thinner and easier to handle )

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: tzacapaca

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
thanks for your answer:)
seems it will be a tough choice,and i will have to wait till both will be on stores so i can compare myself although the 7.7 price is kinda much..around 700 euros
I like the natural colours so i guess i will go with 7 plus :D
Anyway,in the meantime if someone else has other opinions pls share ;)

Kitten Mittens

Aug 5, 2010
Texas
I would say Super AMOLED Plus hands down. It's true that the AMOLED displays portray images more vivid and with very deep contrast, but I wouldn't say that the colors are unnatural, in fact I find it to be a major advantage of the 7.7, it will make movies that much better. The Super AMOLED Plus displays also don't have a backlight so they are much thinner and use less power. This is technology much more advanced than the panels in today's TVs. The Super PLS displays Samsung makes (what the 7.0 Plus has) are also very good, some say better than the IPS displays in tablets, but it's still an LCD, not quite as good as the Super AMOLED Plus in my opinion.

Also do not forget that the 7.7 display is higher resolution at 1280 x 800, the 7.0 Plus is 1024 x 600, and in my opinion it will make a big difference especially in Honeycomb. But don't let any of us persuade you in your decision, if you can, go look at them side by side in person and decide for yourself. We don't know what the 7.7 will cost yet, but I imagine the 7.0 Plus will be cheaper so if that is an important factor for you then it wouldn't be unwise to consider it.

As far as other specs go, the 7.7 is a bit thinner and lighter and has a bigger battery, a slightly faster processor, and a 64GB option.

Reactions: tzacapaca

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Ok,thank you both for answer:)
Well yeah the price is an important factor..the 7 plus will cost 300 euros and the 7.7 will cost almost 700 euros so I will stick with the 7 plus for now

Here is a video which shows both side by side if someone else is interested to see ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHOxPJBgieg

My first conclusion is that the super amoled looks brighter and colours are different than the ips pls one,but they ask too much..i will get it in a year or so when it will be half of price :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As we know both are made bu samsungand both are the best in market (even better than the ipad IPS Screen ) but Pls screen has more natural colours like what we see with our eye in real world . Amoled colours are so vivid like animation movies ,etc but it is very good in power saving and better in black color . Finally it depends on your taste and how you prefere to see colors and you should see both side by side to decide but personally I hated my friends galaxy s2 after I compared it to my galaxy tab 10.1
    advice : (buy galaxy tab 7.7 higher resolution , better processor ,thinner and easier to handle )

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
    I would say Super AMOLED Plus hands down. It's true that the AMOLED displays portray images more vivid and with very deep contrast, but I wouldn't say that the colors are unnatural, in fact I find it to be a major advantage of the 7.7, it will make movies that much better. The Super AMOLED Plus displays also don't have a backlight so they are much thinner and use less power. This is technology much more advanced than the panels in today's TVs. The Super PLS displays Samsung makes (what the 7.0 Plus has) are also very good, some say better than the IPS displays in tablets, but it's still an LCD, not quite as good as the Super AMOLED Plus in my opinion.

Also do not forget that the 7.7 display is higher resolution at 1280 x 800, the 7.0 Plus is 1024 x 600, and in my opinion it will make a big difference especially in Honeycomb. But don't let any of us persuade you in your decision, if you can, go look at them side by side in person and decide for yourself. We don't know what the 7.7 will cost yet, but I imagine the 7.0 Plus will be cheaper so if that is an important factor for you then it wouldn't be unwise to consider it.

As far as other specs go, the 7.7 is a bit thinner and lighter and has a bigger battery, a slightly faster processor, and a 64GB option.