bre nopoube l :225$
dovid. : 100$
the might ylu x: 100$
marygladys: 50$
sikorski : 70$
typhoonikan: 100$
elmanortega: 50$

Total: 920$

And the member mattyass also has donate an actual Jetstream to any qualified devs to get this rollingmattyass

the total bounty : 920$+ HTC Jetstrem Device

Thanks

Update
Mattyss has shipped the device to task650 to start the fun
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cscimmia

Sep 14, 2010
Good idea... I'm in for $75 via Pay Pal. I'd even be willing to pre-pay it to a known HTC dev like Newt, ihtfp, JoelZ, tiny, NilsP, etc. so that they can buy one.

Ok, I really want this rooted. I'll do up to 100$. I want to be able to watch HULU and get ICS in the future. Really bummed that this awesome tablet hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. Is there any news on S-Off development to this point?

Also, what would happen if HTCDEV.com unlocked the bootloader. Would that increase the progress towards S-Off tremendously?

Just trying to understand.

sikorski

Apr 5, 2007
Guadalajara
Getting help...

Hello Jetstream family!!

I just bought my tablet this weekend!!

I was checking that we are very alone on this part of the XDA Forums and since I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab I talked to one of the best developers (Task650) over there and he told me he is going to see if he can help us here!!

Hope he can so we can have ROOT on this excellent tablet!

Also count me in with $ 70!!

I am beginnig to se a little light at the end of the tunnel :D

Reactions: cscimmia

marygladys

Oct 26, 2008
Oooh! Task650 does nice work for the Samsung Galaxy Tab! That would be great! He has a respect for the HTC look.....Running his Paris ROM and HTC Jetstream theme on my Samsung Tablet :)

sikorski

Apr 5, 2007
Guadalajara
Excellent news!!

I've talked to Task650, he is a very well recognized developer and one of the best at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forums and he is willing to help us Root our tablet!!

@mattyass can you PM Task so he can confirm with you where to send the device so he can start doing test and development?

@task650, thanks again, I am sure with your help will have a rooted tab!

This is a good day..

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Excellent news!!

I've talked to Task650, he is a very well recognized developer and one of the best at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forums and he is willing to help us Root our tablet!!

@mattyass can you PM Task so he can confirm with you where to send the device so he can start doing test and development?

This is a good day..

no problem bro. i couldnt stand owning a device without having root permissions. wouldnt even be worth it to me.

Here's my conditions of taking on this device.

1.) I need to have some time without being pestered for an ETA (it just makes things really stressful). I usually work relatively fast anyways. lol.
2.) If for some reason I can't get it rooted (which I highly doubt will happen) I will want to send the device back to the original sender without any issues or hard feelings.
3.) Once its rooted I want you all to have some fun with it!!!

cscimmia

Sep 14, 2010
How shall I give my pledged 100$ when this happens?

Yeah, let us know when the time comes, I can pay pal or whatever.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

no problem bro. i couldnt stand owning a device without having root permissions. wouldnt even be worth it to me.

Yeah... it's killing me. I was lucky that my company bought it for me, but I am really having a hard time. I have had an HTC Incredible since day one and have had it rooted since before unrevoked. I know what we're missing! That and a killer dev community are why i'm still not in any hurry to get a new phone.

Good luck and let us know if there anything we can do. I would be more than happy to test for you too. Cheers! --Josh

guru_shastri

Oct 25, 2010
not trying to be a pain or anything, but what are the chances of you creating a proper ROM for the device after rooting it..?
its just that i don't think anyone else could do it.. you see how small the community is.

Reactions: bmw-boy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok so here is TESTED (on nmyseteroious device) rooting process for those who have my insecure kernel working:

DOWNLOAD THE INSECURE KERNEL FROM: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20780097&postcount=131

Easy Rooting ToolKit v02-Jetstream

then download the v02 toolkit for JetStream files and extract contents in root directory of ur pc (e.g: c:\ OR d:\)

then just connect device (with my insecure kernel on it) and activate USB debugging...

then execute RUNME.bat

thats it ;)

ur device should now be permanently rooted after reboot...

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

once a few more users verify it i will post it in development thread...

proof:

attachment.php

thank you nmyseteroious for the snapshot ;)
    Excellent news!!

This is a good day..

Here's my conditions of taking on this device.

1.) I need to have some time without being pestered for an ETA (it just makes things really stressful). I usually work relatively fast anyways. lol.
    2.) If for some reason I can't get it rooted (which I highly doubt will happen) I will want to send the device back to the original sender without any issues or hard feelings.
    3.) Once its rooted I want you all to have some fun with it!!!
    congrats on this, thanks to you now the owners of jetstream have a way to customize their device.
    i dont have one but hopefully will have one soon
    send me your paypal account
    i will send you the money
    thanks again for this
    guys like you are the ones that make android the platform that it is today
    let the roms come

:)

on XDA the donations link are right below the usernames "Donate To Me"
    one of Team Revolutionary's member replied and said that they might look into this :)

best of luck guys!
    Getting help...

Hello Jetstream family!!

I just bought my tablet this weekend!!

I was checking that we are very alone on this part of the XDA Forums and since I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab I talked to one of the best developers (Task650) over there and he told me he is going to see if he can help us here!!

Hope he can so we can have ROOT on this excellent tablet!

Also count me in with $ 70!!

I am beginnig to se a little light at the end of the tunnel :D