Galaxy Nexus Verizon Exclusive

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2842059

On one hand as a Nexus/Nexus S user I'm pretty disappointed in Google for sleeping with the enemy. On the other the LTE speeds are insane. (Not that I would jump LTE on a tiered data plan. That's an invitation for self inflicted overage pain.)

(Greedy Verizon €£$holes.)

Vash63

Jun 10, 2009
Hopefully just for the subsidized version... I was planning on buying it full out anyway. Hope I don't have to import it though... that would suck. I just want them to sell the unlocked version over here.

Tarzanman

Oct 1, 2009
Yep. LTE speeds are great. It would be fun using that blazing speed for about 10 minutes.... which is how long it will probably take to hit the 2GB cap, lol.

liam.lah

Feb 12, 2010
Nevada
Ill probably just get it from canada maybe. Do you Americans have to pay a sales tax on low cost imports?

TheSonicEmerald

May 12, 2010
Buena Park
There are always better phones, its just the matter if one wants to stay on the bleeding-edge technology'. Besides, T-Mobile and the others have had their chance with the Nexus, now its Verizon's (in 2 years)!

Sent from my Fascinate with MIUI Gingerbread

[hfm]

Aug 21, 2009
NYC
Verizon can suck my balls with their battery draining LTE and expensive bs contracts. Who cares if the GN is a timed exclusive? By the time it comes out, there will be better phones by HTC and Samsung in the Q1 of 2012. Stupid as hell.

It'll still be an option off-contract.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Q.Entity

Nov 17, 2010
Dallas
It is a penta band phone so it can be ordered from anywhere. I have it on pre order from Clove (UK). Very likely I will have it before any VZW and it won't be "polluted" by their software tweaks...

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
My Verizon contract with 4GB of data is only $6 more per month than my T-Mobile contract was. Verizon actually gave me a real postpaid plan and honored my student discount while T-Mobile refused to switch me from Flex Pay and didn't even let me use their real customer service. Not to mention that I pretty much have 25Mbps LTE everywhere and more that I had crappy 3G with T-Mobile (and Verizon 3G basically everywhere else). T-Mobile can go suck one. I only wish I would have picked Big Red first.

--
Sent from my Droid Bionic.

Reactions: ratchetjaw

iPathik

Jun 14, 2010
Bridgehood
We get a gsm nexus!!!

Verizon exclusive means that Verizon will have the phone in store and the phone can be bought at a subsidized price @ Verizon stores with a Verizon contract.

The GSM Phone will still be available on the same day as the Verizon Phone however it won't be sold in AT&T and T-Mobile Stores, it will only be available at Best Buy @ full price.

Hope this answers all the questions and speculation regarding the exclusivity. :D

Source:

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/samsung-galaxy-nexus-a-verizon-exclusive-not-exactly-20111027/

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
I'm sure its a time exclusive deal. Samsung s sign up page has 7 carriers listed, vzw seems to just be getting it first.

tapa tapa tapa

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Wow some of you guys are HUGE BABIES! "OMG Google! Y U NO BRING NEXUS TO MY CARRIER!"

Heaven forbid Google gives America's largest and fastest carrier their flagship phone. Every carrier has had Nexuses before except Verizon. Chill out. Google didn't sell out, they listen to those of us that wanted a Nexus on Verizon.

NICEGYPT

Dec 31, 2007
Grovetown
Verizon exclusive means that Verizon will have the phone in store and the phone can be bought at a subsidized price @ Verizon stores with a Verizon contract.

The GSM Phone will still be available on the same day as the Verizon Phone however it won't be sold in AT&T and T-Mobile Stores, it will only be available at Best Buy @ full price.

Hope this answers all the questions and speculation regarding the exclusivity. :D

Source:

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/samsung-galaxy-nexus-a-verizon-exclusive-not-exactly-20111027/

+1

Also I think tmobile will not get it and they never had nexus. I have a feeling it will be like nexus s. Upgrade through bestbuy only not tmobile

pukemon

Jul 16, 2010
Richmond, TX
If by "always" you mean every 16 hours or so, then I happily enjoy it. I'd much rather slap on a charger every once in a while and have lightning fast true 4G than never have any god dammed service when I leave the city.

--

I think all of us would like to see you get 16 hours with any lte phone while actually using it, including 4g or share what youre smoking.

I voided my warranty and your nexus.

Last edited:

kgdg

Apr 18, 2008
My Verizon contract with 4GB of data is only $6 more per month than my T-Mobile contract was. Verizon actually gave me a real postpaid plan and honored my student discount while T-Mobile refused to switch me from Flex Pay and didn't even let me use their real customer service. Not to mention that I pretty much have 25Mbps LTE everywhere and more that I had crappy 3G with T-Mobile (and Verizon 3G basically everywhere else). T-Mobile can go suck one. I only wish I would have picked Big Red first.

--

oh ya, I pay $70 for 2 lines including unlimited text, unlimited data and 600 minutes with 10 numbers between the 2 lines that have no limit on minutes.

And that is before my corporate discount!

Also no crapware/bloatware like VZNavigator and no crippled phones, locked bootloaders etc...
Oh and my same phone works when I travel overseas, just put in the local sim card and I am good to go...

kgdg

Apr 18, 2008
I just saw that. YOu know what? F*** google. They claim that they intend to do things differently, but then at the end of the day they sell out to the highest bidder.

I was a serious google fan, but the edges are starting to crack and it is slowly dawning on me that the innovative, fast moving company of the early 2000's is becoming a weighed down hegemony of bean counting MBA's who are starting to only get it right when they get lucky.

Exclusive on the most expensive carrier in the USA. The same carrier that replaced their search engine with Bing on 1/3 of their Android lineup. Not a word of it breathed at their week-late press conference. My own fault for getting my hopes up, I suppose.

I am due for a new phone around December/January and this will afford me the opportunity to take a good long look at what Windows phone has to offer before the Galaxy Nexus is even available to me.

Tman,
I hear you, i abhor VZ as well, but i am ok with this so long as the unsubsidised version is available at the same time.
My only concern is that from the rumors I have heard, the VZ LTE version is 32GB, but the GSM variant is 16GB. That would suck!

berkmanmd

May 21, 2010
yeaaa, if you look now the "exclusive" wording has been removed from the site. so much for freaking out.

SeanFloyd

Aug 4, 2010
Basically what it comes down to for me is if it will be subsidized on T-Mobile or not. Not paying $700+ for a phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Relax. I highly doubt its anything more than a timed exclusive. Both the nexus one and nexus s were only on one carrier originally.

And yes, if you were planning on getting the international one, i'm pretty sure it will still work on AT&T or T-Mo as long as the bands match up.
    Well if they're pentaband then you could just buy the world phone model at full price and go. I think it only affects those looking to pick it up on a contract.

It is weird Verizon having a Nexus. Seem to clash together but my work has Verizon so why pay for a personal line?

G2x - 2.3.7 CM7
    Transformer - 3.2 Revolver OC/UV
    Bet you when they are referring to the 'exclusive' Galaxy Nexus they are only talking about the LTE model and all the others will get the pentaband one at pretty much the same time.

--
    Yep, pre-ordered mine on Negri. $680 After the $35 off coupon on retailmenot with free shipping. I would have chosen Expansys, however at $730 with free shipping after $20 off coupon, id have to pay another $70 in taxes since i live in IL where they are located. FML.

BTW. Negri told me they are getting theirs in on the 17th, however Expansys said they plan on their's coming in on the week of the 6th. BIG FML if that holds true!

I made a backup pre-order with Expansys as well, but if it turns out Best Buy or some other random brick and mortar retailer is selling it stateside on or withing 1-2 weeks of launch I'll just cancel it and buy it in person.