[APP] Andrev OC Adjuster.

Search This thread

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
More praise :)

Lovin' this app!

I had the 2X running at 800 for most of the day with around an hour at 389 while tethering, a total of 30 minutes browsing the web and replying to emails, another 30 minutes streaming video from BBC iPlayer through Cisco VPN at 1Ghz (the Rostropovich documentary is brilliant - only three more days before it's pulled), 30 minutes of listening to music through my fab new Sony MDR-7506 headphones while doing the laundry and dishes, 15 minutes testing some games at 1200 and a total of approximately 20 minutes of phone time (max=800 / gov=powersave). All day, wifi was set to never sleep and, 12 hours later, battery was at 28 %.

Fantastic.

This was under TG 1.9 with Topoblaze_06102011 kernel. Smooth as silk. For kicks, I re-flashed spica's HP kernel when the battery was at 19 % to see if I could squeeze another couple of hours out of this great phone - looks like it's easily going to make it to 14 hours.

Trym: if you add a little routine to display the label 'Reboot device!' in place of 'Restart OC Daemon' if spica's kernel is detected, all problems will simply vanish into thin air and you can put this baby to bed.

Pretty smart, huh? :p

Once again: thanks.
You're welcome. I could easily add a reboot option to the app, or change "restart deamon" to "reboot" if HP is detected, but as Spica says it shouldn't be necessary after next week, so I'll leave that as is. (Was the first thought that struck me as well upon learning about the crashes on HP.)

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
Was just wondering: Do any of you guys ever save settings without applying them?

If not, I'm pondering merging the two functions into one, saving settings and applying them in one go (in which case I'd also do something different on HP 1.1)

montresor60

Nov 22, 2010
Melbourne
I always apply the new setting; never thought about just saving. I'd like to have the all-in-one save / apply option, although there's been some discussion about an updated pimpmycpu...

Trym; I was only kidding about the 'reboot' label!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

maxbaron

Dec 26, 2007
Naples
Hi,
Is there a way to apply settings also after a reboot?
It seems that the deamon don't run at boot because I get always the message "deamon present but not running" (or something like this) when I start the app.

thx
Max

Topogigi 2.0+SP

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
Hi,
Is there a way to apply settings also after a reboot?
It seems that the deamon don't run at boot because I get always the message "deamon present but not running" (or something like this) when I start the app.

thx
Max

Topogigi 2.0+SP
The settings can be saved and applied at boot *if* the daemon is started. The daemon will not start if the script which starts it detects another overclocking app on your phone.

The packages it looks for are:

ch.amana.android.cputuner (CPU Tuner)
com.mhuang.overclocking (SetCPU)
org.freecoder.widgets.overclock (OverclockWidget)
com.antutu.CpuMasterFree (CPU Master)

...so if any of those packages are detected, the daemon will not run, or the settings get applied. Topogigi has also said the daemon will kill itself it if detects other OC apps. This is all in the FAQ for Topogigi.

Last edited:

Deathmo

Aug 17, 2011
From spica HP thread.

Possible, absolutely, but then I'd have to maintain two apps which do the same thing. (Actually the undervolt app already does things a little differently if on Topogigi already.)

What about if I check if the undervolt app is present, and if yes add a button to the Andrev OC interface to start it?

To avoid hijacking the thread, best if you serve your ideas in this thread.

That would be great if you could do this.
Ty m8. :)

Deathmo

Aug 17, 2011
An update will come during the day. Trying to decide whether I should always have a button there, which either takes you to the market to install the Undervolt app or starts it, or just a start-button.

I would appreciate a button in andrev oc,which starts the undervolt app. :D
Or mabey 2 buttons ? ^^
One to start and one for market?

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011

Has been published in market, will trickle out as google servers see fit.

I updated a few other things as well, I changed the text from "Awake" and "Asleep" to "Screen on" and "Screen off" to better describe what really happens, and I changed the defaults away from Topo's defaults to 216-800 for the "Screen off" mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: shpapy

shpapy

Apr 22, 2011
Has been published in market, will trickle out as google servers see fit.

I updated a few other things as well, I changed the text from "Awake" and "Asleep" to "Screen on" and "Screen off" to better describe what really happens, and I changed the defaults away from Topo's defaults to 216-800 for the "Screen off" mode.

just got it great work , love the gui button, what happens if the app of OC is not installed ? do u get market link or ...?

TrymHansen

Jun 7, 2011
hmm..... why not help the users with a link?
They might not be interested in undervolting at all, and in that case the button/link would just be annoying. I assume anyone on Topogigi can find the UV app anyway, it's right there on the first page, and mentioned frequently in the thread.

(Personally I have a dislike for apps which constantly push other apps. Don't want to annoy people.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: This has been suspended (by me), as it serves no purpose anymore.
    Here's a little something I originally cooked up for the users of Topogigi ROMs, but works on any ROM which has the Andrev OC daemon installed.

It's an app with which you can adjust the OC-daemons settings, and apply them immediately.

Usage should be self-explanatory, ask in this thread if you have any questions.

WARNING: Remember that you may get an unstable phone if you overclock too high. Not all phones can handle high overclocks, especially not over time. I advise you to never go above 1216Mhz, even if it seems stable at higher frequencies.

No, question :D
    Works fine here (v1.9 with HP Kernel 1.1)
    THX

Thanks, good to know it's working on another kernel.
    Well, that was fun.

The HP kernel reboots for me as soon as I put the phone in my dock, making it impossible (well, very impractical) to even install another version of the program. I knew it was sensitive, but not that much.

So that means I have no chance at all to find any workaround, and that noone using it will be able to logcat anything either.

That kernel is a WIP, and is simply not recommended at this time. If you use it, expect crashes. And don't look at your phone the wrong way.
    No its not needed. I will get it fixed at sunday. As sunday only i will get time for next version of hp krnl. I wish i could fix it faster but i only get PC access at sundays when I'm at home:/ At job days i work in other town far from my home:/
    More praise :)

Lovin' this app!

I had the 2X running at 800 for most of the day with around an hour at 389 while tethering, a total of 30 minutes browsing the web and replying to emails, another 30 minutes streaming video from BBC iPlayer through Cisco VPN at 1Ghz (the Rostropovich documentary is brilliant - only three more days before it's pulled), 30 minutes of listening to music through my fab new Sony MDR-7506 headphones while doing the laundry and dishes, 15 minutes testing some games at 1200 and a total of approximately 20 minutes of phone time (max=800 / gov=powersave). All day, wifi was set to never sleep and, 12 hours later, battery was at 28 %.

Fantastic.

This was under TG 1.9 with Topoblaze_06102011 kernel. Smooth as silk. For kicks, I re-flashed spica's HP kernel when the battery was at 19 % to see if I could squeeze another couple of hours out of this great phone - looks like it's easily going to make it to 14 hours.

Trym: if you add a little routine to display the label 'Reboot device!' in place of 'Restart OC Daemon' if spica's kernel is detected, all problems will simply vanish into thin air and you can put this baby to bed.

Pretty smart, huh? :p

Once again: thanks.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
    That would be great if you could do this.
    Ty m8. :)

An update will come during the day. Trying to decide whether I should always have a button there, which either takes you to the market to install the Undervolt app or starts it, or just a start-button.