[DEV][WIP]Ice Cream Sandwich ROM [Galaxy GIO][5660]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tehpunk

Jul 18, 2011
Ice Cream Sandwich ( Android 4.0 )
WORK IN PROGRESS

So i stumbled the ICS SDK. And i wanted to port to my GIO. So i made this thread to my progress with fellow GIO lovers.

Progress done:
- Stock boot.img modified to use with ICS (temporary)
- Modified some ICS build.prop stuff
-STOP: my ROM zip doesnt install in CWM (latest version, zip is verified not compressed)

This is for now a VERY WORK IN PROGRESS thread and rom.

Feel free to post suggestions

xspartany

May 2, 2008
tehpunk, I think that this is an amazing initiative you have going on here. I am willing to use my device as a guinea pig for testing ;)

greg_h_w

Aug 22, 2011
wooo... :eek: ICS for Galaxy Gio...

mannnn... you're amazing..

I can't wait it.. Good Luck for you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Sandwich ( Android 4.0 )
    WORK IN PROGRESS

So i stumbled the ICS SDK. And i wanted to port to my GIO. So i made this thread to my progress with fellow GIO lovers.

Progress done:
    - Stock boot.img modified to use with ICS (temporary)
    - Modified some ICS build.prop stuff
    -STOP: my ROM zip doesnt install in CWM (latest version, zip is verified not compressed)

This is for now a VERY WORK IN PROGRESS thread and rom.

Feel free to post suggestions
    Oh hey there :)
    Well got the source-code now just exploring it, seeing how it all works ( first using source -code for a rom)
    Then will try to compile it :)
    I'm not dead :)
    ShiftyHungary: you can try to build either AOSP or CM9, but make sure you take a proper repo.

Also, like I've said above, unless that's changed *very* recently, you can't build AOSP for ARMv6 as it stands. There are some patches floating out there, or just build a less-optimized ARMv5 version in the meantime.

I built an ARMv6 CM9 generic kang the other evening and flashing it messed up my Gio. (In hindsight I think there's one more line I should have removed from the updater script that might have prevented this...) I can't even get the "Downloading" we all know and love to show up on the screen.

I did detect the phone with Odin, but that's on my (Windows 7) laptop where I've never been able to flash. The XP machine I usually take to flash is currently behind a big pile of boxes and furniture (long story) and will remain like that for a while.

For those wondering: I took TeamICS's CM9 manifest on GitHub, the Cooper CM9 alpha device config, commented out just about every module in order to make it mostly generic (with the idea of adding things one at a time afterwards.) and managed to get a build.

I'll post an update when I have more news.

Regards,

Darkshado
    if u need help, maybe i can do some help :)