Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rcmix3d q&a

Tip us?

laki6519
Old
(Last edited by laki6519; 4th November 2011 at 03:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Wifi

I flashed this ROM yesterday onto my Inspire 4g. Everything is smooth and fast. But later i observed a problem. when my phone is idle for more than 10 minutes, wifi is automatically disconnected and 3g was connected. when i unlocked the phone and go to settings, wifi is automatically connected even with a little activity on the phone.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN THIS REGARD..

ROM - RCMix3D Runny v3.3
Kernel - 2.6.35.14-RCMIX
Radio - 12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M

Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 1,202

DONATE TO ME
The phone is set to go to sleep at 11:00pm. When the screen is turned off, wifi is shut off also to conserve battery. You can change this behavior in the settings menu.
Thanks to all who contribute.

Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 1,202

DONATE TO ME
Default v10 RCMix kernel

New RCMix kernel v10 is ready.

http://forums.acs-developers.com/sho...9-VDD-TUN-2WCR

ridethisbike
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Issues:

USB mount is iffy at best... it doesnt ask me what i want to do when plugged in. i have to fiddle with the settings to get it to work, and even then, its somewhat dumb about it....

streaming blue tooth audio to my car radio there is a.... i dunno... i guess a fake-out-mute issue. it'll be playing the music, and then every minute or two it will mute out for a second and then fade back in. the first few times i thought it was a text or call coming in, of course it wasnt (nobody loves me lol). i have no way to verify if this is due to my car radio or if its the phone since i dont have a blue tooth headset to use... anyone else have this issue?

Awesome ROM though

Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 1,202

DONATE TO ME
What kernel are you using? If you have not flashed the latest RCMix kernel version 10, then try that and see if it helps you. The link is a few posts above this one.

ridethisbike
Old
Thanks Meter 41
V7. flashing v10 tonight. will report back tomorrow after I get to test it all out.

also, has anyone reported random reboots? that very thing is what pushed me away from CoreDroid and it happened this morning on rcmix. I THINK it has to do with having the screen brightness all the way down coupled with (possibly) having the CPU min set too low. thats when it happened the most on CD, and those were the circumstances this morning on rcmix. I can deal with it.. but it is slightly frustrating, ya know?

anyways... kernel, yea. downloading now lol

there were a couple other things i noticed today as well, but i'll flash this new kernel and test before i report it.

joeblow3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default clear notification missing

just wondering if I have a bad install because the clear notification button is missing on upper right and corner

Wolf
Old
Thanks Meter 1,202

DONATE TO ME
Possibly, but the clear button does not show up for every kind of notification. Shows up for about 95% of the notifications. There are certain types I have had which do not have a clear option, but I can't remember right now what those were for. I will update the post if I figure it out. If you are referring to the standard types of notifications like a missed call, then yes, you should have the clear button showing. If so, then you may want to back up and flash again. Wipe system, cache, dalvik cache, and data/factory restore. Then you can either flash 3.3 or you can flash 3.2 first. Boot up once, then flash 3.3 on top of 3.2 with only wiping cache and dalvik. Flashing 3.2 first has helped some people that have had weird problems since 3.3 does not wipe at all.

Wolf
Old
(Last edited by Wolf; 9th November 2011 at 09:19 AM.) Reason: mistake
Thanks Meter 1,202

DONATE TO ME
Mistake post deleted.

ridethisbike
Old
(Last edited by ridethisbike; 9th November 2011 at 10:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 41
Ok. The problems still exist with the new kernel. Not sure about the USB thing yet. I've been on the road non stop for the last 4 days. The other thing I noticed was the haptic feed back doesn't always work. Not a huge issue, but that is my main way of knowing I hit the button lol. Not only does it sometimes not work, it also goes hay wire. Almost as if its trying to make up for the feed back that wasn't given.

Had the phone reboot on me a couple of times today. I'm using setcpu for my oc'ing. is virtuous/andrev or any other oc/uv daemon compatible? Would much rather use that and be able to undo the uv to see if that helps

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App