[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v3.0 [ EL29 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]

Tip us?

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1755

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_s View Post
@playya I totally get what you are saying and while I agree that far too often people whine and complain about "bugs" when they don't exist or blame [Insert: ROM, Kernel, Mod, Act of God...HERE], but sometimes there simply is an issue. Just because there is a workaround does not negate the issue. This isn't my first rodeo, so I have done my due diligence to resolve this issue and thus far the only thing that I can come up with is that there is an issue with restoring apks. There shouldn't be as most apks are generally universal on Android. So long as no data is restored, there should be absolutely no reason that restoring an apk would cause the inability to reboot into the ROM. This is a bug and it needs to be illustrated so that Calk can decide if he wishes to address it.
No problem here but I do understand it could be the rom and by all means have come across this myself. I am just saying if 8 people have no issue but 2 have weird issues and I am one of the two my first thought was to always start from scratch and see what I may have done wrong.

I am not sure but most people when they restore with TB they do app + data at the same time. Are you guys having issues after just restoring apps only?
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a Nexus 4 on LiquidSmooth 2.5/Samsung Galaxy S2(AT&T)and Wifi Only Xoom

bones8229
Old
(Last edited by bones8229; 6th November 2011 at 05:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
flashed over 24hrs ago and its great so far. also used titanium backup restore apps+data and flashed the 100mV settings. No problems at all. 11hrs of light to no use and im at 84% battery

coming from starburst 1.9.5

akarol
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Ok guys. I have created a recovery .zip file to get 75mV undervolting based off Calkulin's undervolting script. You can find it here:

http://www.multiupload.com/RTSUOPGSXG

So far it has been working great for me. I tried the 100mV undervolting and kept getting random shutdowns. 50mV was flawless for me, so I figured I'd try 75mV before going back to it.

I recommend this .zip to anyone that had no luck with the 100mV undervolting. If this also does not work, then revert back to the 50mV undervolt file found on the 2nd post.

PS - Thanks naerok for the tip!
Device: Black Nexus 5 (32GB)
ROM: Droidkang v19
Kernel: ElementalX 0.34

Device: Nexus 7 (16GB)
ROM: Stock 4.4 (KitKat) - Rooted
Kernel: ElementalX 2.10

twoeleven99
Old
Thanks Meter 119
just flashed about 15 min ago. Went to the online version of the market to restore my apps becuase of the comments of apps dissapearing and i wanted to avoid all trouble. The problem is now the online market doesnt have my phone registered. Its showing my old tmobile g2x as the phone the apps will be installed to. Any ideas as to why?

Just_s
Old
Thanks Meter 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid android85 View Post
People with problems restoring apps thru titanium, are you restoring apps+ data or just apps? I always do apps only and never have a problem
Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by playya View Post
No problem here but I do understand it could be the rom and by all means have come across this myself. I am just saying if 8 people have no issue but 2 have weird issues and I am one of the two my first thought was to always start from scratch and see what I may have done wrong.

I am not sure but most people when they restore with TB they do app + data at the same time. Are you guys having issues after just restoring apps only?
These issues are restoring apk only. In fact it happens even restoring a single apk. I worked on this from 6pm through 230am. I tried every possible combination and could not avoid the issue of being stuck at the "SamsungGALAXY S" after reboot. Even ran the ROM without issue for an hour, rebooting at minute 61 only to be stuck again.

I know what I can do to get this ROM up and running, but I also know what I shouldn't have to do to get a ROM up and running.

Not a complaint by any stretch of the imagination. Merely an observation.

If calk wishes to investigate/resolve the issue, that's purely his prerogative. If not, then I get to decide if the other benefits of the ROM outweigh the inconvenience of not being able to use one of my most trusted apps. Either way, issue resolved.

...nothing is perfect...nothing is complete...nothing lasts forever...

|Rig [GalaxyNote3] |Rom [Stock, Rooted, Xposed] |Kernel [Stock]|Recovery [Stock]|Base [MI7]

Stellar cloud solutions COPY.COM, DROPBOX, the awesome new ONEDRIVE & JottaCloud!

bad_HABIT
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Having trouble flashing this rom

after flashing calk's format all 3 times, I go ahead and flash the rom and reboot. Phone sits at triangle boot screen for 10+ minutes with no activity. Have to do nand restore to make phone usable again.

Ive had this problem with other roms too. The issue is anytime I format system, it does something to phone that wont allow it to boot up again normally.

Any ideas why and what I can do to fix it?

Calkulin
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6419

DONATE TO ME
Here's a fix for the missing apps in Market
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calkulin's_Market_Fix_for_E4GT_v1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (145.1 KB, 187 views)
If you like my work, donate to buy me a beer or 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Calkulin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Just_s
Old
Thanks Meter 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones8229 View Post
flashed over 24hrs ago and its great so far. also used titanium backup restore apps+data and flashed the 100mV settings. No problems at all. 11hrs of light to no use and im at 84% battery

coming from starburst 1.9.5
Have you rebooted?
...nothing is perfect...nothing is complete...nothing lasts forever...

|Rig [GalaxyNote3] |Rom [Stock, Rooted, Xposed] |Kernel [Stock]|Recovery [Stock]|Base [MI7]

Stellar cloud solutions COPY.COM, DROPBOX, the awesome new ONEDRIVE & JottaCloud!

paranoid android85
Old
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_s View Post
These issues are restoring apk only. In fact it happens even restoring a single apk. I worked on this from 6pm through 230am. I tried every possible combination and could not avoid the issue of being stuck at the "SamsungGALAXY S" after reboot. Even ran the ROM without issue for an hour, rebooting at minute 61 only to be stuck again.

I know what I can do to get this ROM up and running, but I also know what I shouldn't have to do to get a ROM up and running.

Not a complaint by any stretch of the imagination. Merely an observation.

If calk wishes to investigate/resolve the issue, that's purely his prerogative. If not, then I get to decide if the other benefits of the ROM outweigh the inconvenience of not being able to use one of my most trusted apps. Either way, issue resolved.

What about using the nandroid app extractor in titanium?

Calkulin
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
Ok guys. I have created a recovery .zip file to get 75mV undervolting based off Calkulin's undervolting script. You can find it here:

http://www.multiupload.com/RTSUOPGSXG

So far it has been working great for me. I tried the 100mV undervolting and kept getting random shutdowns. 50mV was flawless for me, so I figured I'd try 75mV before going back to it.

I recommend this .zip to anyone that had no luck with the 100mV undervolting. If this also does not work, then revert back to the 50mV undervolt file found on the 2nd post.

PS - Thanks naerok for the tip!

Not bad but you may want to keep the 1350 voltage at that since not many phones can run 1.4GHz at voltages less than that, even phones that can run the -100mV script. I posted a -75mV now in the FAQ for those that wanted it
If you like my work, donate to buy me a beer or 2

Tags
email