NEWS: Djnilse is making this kernel for cm7 roms.Head over to post #3 and read more.
X8_*WLAN/GDX is for GingerDX v.1-28
X8_*CM7 is new and for "standard" cm7 roms with tiwlan(wifi driver)
This kernel is based on the FreeXperia-Team's work, so a huge thank you to the best team
Screenshot touch-recovery is from GingerDX OP
-All fxp team addons:
- -X8Gesture / AX8MT
- -smartass / smartass2 governor
- -netfilter / iptables
- -MDDI fix
- -ext 2/3/4
-working smartass and smartass2 govenor
-Overclock by Zefie, thunderc_kernel_xionia
-OOM grouping fix and minfree values. minfree= 1536,2048,6912,7168,8192,9472 Credits:zeppelinrox
-(fps cap)Version with no_fps_cap has V-sync turned off.
-working cypress driver in ICS and gingerbread
-kgsl v1.2 (latest CAF 2.6.35)
-support for ksm
- Fixes to vold: mounting sdcard to pc and ext* mount fix
- Fixes to compcache
- Fixes to chargemon
- v09: Added the adreno libsv2 to this file
-Flashtool 2.9.1 or newer (I use 2.9.1 when I make the kernel)
-Recycle all your warranty papers
- Download the update-rom*-AlfsKern*.zip or kernel AddOn provided with rom and place it on sd-card
- Download and unpack the rar and put it in flashtool/firmwares folder
- Turn off the phone
- Run flashtool
- Press Flash, choose downloaded file
- Plug in the usb while pressing back button
- Wait till progress finishes
- Unplug the phone, turn it on back
- Hope for the best
- Go to CWM recovery with back button and install the update-rom*-AlfsKern*.zip or Kernel AddOn provided with rom Remember if you update the rom, then reinstall this.
- In v08 you need to install new adreno libs found in post #2
- Wipe cache and dalvik-cache in recovery
-This is only tested on E15i and GingerDX
-I can't promise that overclock is working on all phones.Default boot clock is 600Mhz.My phone is stable at 748Mhz
-You need to install the included update-rom*-AlfsKern*.zip to mount sdcard to pc and fix the chargemon script.
-Please don't bug doixanh with my bugs.
-My Git source
-new update-rom*-AlfsKern.v9+ replaces old update-rom*.zip file
---added adreno libs (same as adreno_v2 in addons)
-added /NOTES-Alfs_kernel.txt to ramdisk with some info about new functions
-latest gingerbread recovery with ext4_make fix(backport from ics recovery)
-lzo compressed kernel and ramdisk
-CleanCache via ZCache backend http://lwn.net/Articles/397574/
-a few "nice" tweaks
-Google snappy compression in ramzswap
-update jhash to v3
-SLQB memory allocator
-updates to crypto
-updates to lib-crc32 and crypto-crc32
-futex backport from 2.6.32
-made it possible to turn of filesync. WARNING: disabling fsync may cause loss of data if application crashes.
---write "echo 1 > /sys/module/sync/parameters/fsync_disabled" to turn off. This can save some IO and battery
-ashmem update to 2.6.35
-rwsem update to 2.6.35
-cache-l2x0 updated to 2.6.35
-fs/ramfs updated to CAF v.2.6.35
-fs/ext2/3/4 updated to CAF 2.6.32
-drivers/i2c updated to CAF 2.6.32
-updated kgsl to v1.2 (latest CAF 2.6.35)
-added SIO IO scheduler
-added ksm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_...ging_%28KSM%29 . NOTE rom need to support this(something is cooking in CM:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/12174/)
-a lot of core and fs updates(check git for more info)
-built with linaro 4.7-2012.10 toolchain
- -v09a -Partially revert usb to v08a, removed kgsl power levels and a new sdmount script in update-rom*v9a+.zip that fixes sd-ext mounting.
- -v09c Renamed the GDX version to WLAN, because GDXv.29+ uses the cm7 version now.
- video updates
- fix all screen cut/displacement
- move i2c back where it was in v08(no need to update lights any more)
- new 691MHz
- updates to cpufreq
- updates to clock
- added and set TINY_PREEMPT_RCU
- updates to pm2.c
- updates to wackelock
- updates to power
- updates to fbcon
- add yaffs2 tweak
- add cleancache to yaffs2
- added aroma filemanager option in recovery menu by Djnilse. Download latest aroma filemanager from here and put it on sd-card.Make sure the file is named aromafm.zip
- improved modules method in ramdisk
- ramzswap and tun.ko moved to modules and added cifs filesystem as module.You need to insmod tun and cifs to use them.
- misc updates, check git for more info
Old change log
3-3-2012 -v08 -New name again.This is the old "ICS" version,so new andreno libs are needed(post #2). -added touch recovery by Team UtterChaos from here -touch recovery for both touch-screen types -new images in recovery and bootlogo by djnilse + new buttons in recovery -added partition sdcard in recovery(ext2/3/4+swap) and fix permissions under advanced menu. -new/rebuildt ramdisk based on cm7 source -updates to lowmemorykiller,oom and a lot of small updates.Look at git for more info -removed 19,2Mhz because I belive cpu will never relax this low. -djnilse is making this for cm7 (wifi=tiwlan)(gingerdx is wifi=wlan) roms.You will find his post here
- -v08a -Added Eduroam support and a small update to ext4
- -v02a -working droidwall
-v09a-CM7 :Usb: offline charging boots phone up(use airplane mode if you want to be offline) Offline charging is working on 09c-WLAN
-don't use app2sd script(system/etc/init.d/10apps2sd) when using sd-ext.My phone gets useless with dalvik cache on sd, and I have a class 6 card.Use link2sd instead to free up space, and keep apps you often use on phone.
-Free Xperia Team
-Doixanh for helping with wifi driver and for his great work.
-Timpot07 for helping me with testing
-Amrooz for logs and help
-DeFcOn for testing and his great cypress touch-machine.
-Cyanogen and the CM team
-Google and Google search
I'm not responsible if your phone goes boom, runs out the door or doesn't behave.
Please stop for 5 seconds and think before you post something smart
Remember to install the update-rom*-AlfsKern*.zip or Kernel AddOn provided with rom