FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ CONCEPT ] Business Card Reader Concept for Windows Phone

843 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By the0ne, Senior Member on 11th November 2011, 02:15 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Similar to the notification Centre we covered a while ago we have put together a new Business Card Reader Concept for Windows Phone , we want an applike this to offers an easy way to add a new contact to your phone: simply take a picture of a business card and save the contact. You can also keep the image of the business cards to easy visual navigation – it’s your virtual Card holder.

So any devs out here want to take a stab at it ?

More info on 1800PocketPC

12th November 2011, 10:59 PM |#3  
Flag Bay Area for now
Thanks Meter: 71

Donate to Me
More
If you do a search on the marketplace you will find good ol' worldcard just like what was on wm6.5. Just cost $9.99 but there is one. I would doubt this kind of app would be made for free.
21st November 2011, 11:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
It's great people are stating alternatives here, but this is a good opportunity for developers to have a go at something.

As the OP mentioned:

"So any devs out here want to take a stab at it ?"

I am one of those developers who wants to have a go at this, purely from an educational point of view.

Nothing is totally free in this world however out of respect I would be happy to pay for an app provided it wasn't over the odds.

Personally I think anything developed on the XDA forums should remain open ended to allow people to learn and evolve the project.
21st November 2011, 03:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Yeah i think I covered that concept on the old Windows Phone board about six months before release...but nice idea.
21st November 2011, 04:06 PM |#6  
Flag Shah Alam
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Very good concept & idea
21st November 2011, 04:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Well a lot of business cards have QR Codes on them.

But I'm going to try and see what I can do about this.

-Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using the XDA App.
21st November 2011, 06:35 PM |#8  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 9

More
yup. I have placed a QR code on the backside of my business Card that includes a VCard with my Contact info. If you scan it, WP7 will automatically send you to the contacts hub and Display my contact - you can then save it
23rd November 2011, 03:42 AM |#9  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Whats in it for the Dev Who Suceeds? Free Nokia Lumia 800 on verizon when it appears? lol

For that I would devote all my time to making it happen lol, I dont program for profit hence why most of my apps are free, I program for the free devices.
23rd November 2011, 04:05 AM |#10  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Guys check out "My Contact Tile" in the market place. It creates a QR code on your contact information. Someone else with a wp7 can scan it and it will save it to the people hub. Love it!

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...0-0efd11cd36da
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)