Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

Unlimited but At&t is bugging me

OP joshuadjohnson22

11th November 2011, 03:02 PM   |  #1  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 786
 
2,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
i kept my unlimited iphone plan when i upgraded to the Galaxy S 2 i777 through walmart on Oct 5th...

one thing is at&t keeps bugging me with text saying "AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an eligible data plan us required for your 4G Smartphone? Pls Call 611 to select a plan and establish you 4G data connection today"

is anyone else getting this? Its annoying, they send it weekly almost, anyway to get it to stop?
11th November 2011, 03:08 PM   |  #2  
Adelaide.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
221 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Was the unlimited iphone plan different than their normal unlimited plan? Because I kept my unlimited and I haven't received any messages from them.
11th November 2011, 03:14 PM   |  #3  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 786
 
2,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelaide.

Was the unlimited iphone plan different than their normal unlimited plan? Because I kept my unlimited and I haven't received any messages from them.

i dont think, im using the standard iPhone grandfathered plan ive always had...
11th November 2011, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
rav4kar's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Edison, NJ
Thanks Meter: 529
 
1,462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I have grandfathered unlimited data plan ($30/month) but that does not mean unlimited *text* (SMS), I switched from iphone to ASGS2, I did not get any alert from at&t though I bought it in store not online, just walk in at&t store ( corporate one) and NOT franchise store and check with them.
11th November 2011, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,470
 
13,360 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

i kept my unlimited iphone plan when i upgraded to the Galaxy S 2 i777 through walmart on Oct 5th...

one thing is at&t keeps bugging me with text saying "AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an eligible data plan us required for your 4G Smartphone? Pls Call 611 to select a plan and establish you 4G data connection today"

is anyone else getting this? Its annoying, they send it weekly almost, anyway to get it to stop?

Simple way to get it to stop - get yourself on the HSPA+ plan. Do it in an AT&T store, most third-party stores and the phone service people don't know how to "grandfather" an unlimited 3G plan to an unlimited HSPA+ plan.
11th November 2011, 03:31 PM   |  #6  
joshuadjohnson22's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 786
 
2,156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
More
Yeah of course, the sms is different. Im afraid if i go in the store they will force me into a limited plan...
11th November 2011, 03:36 PM   |  #7  
quarlow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tooele, UT
Thanks Meter: 309
 
1,673 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
More
Yeah the 3G unlimited plan and Faux G unlimited plan show up differently on your bill. You are still able to keep unlimited and the $30 price. Att just needs to provision it different on your line. Either hit up a att store or call 611. They can fix it and stop nagging you.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
11th November 2011, 03:38 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Piscataway, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 35
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

Yeah of course, the sms is different. Im afraid if i go in the store they will force me into a limited plan...

Even if they do try to force you into a limited plan, cause enough of a disturbance and they'll give in. ;)

Sent from my SGS II.
11th November 2011, 03:53 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer315

Even if they do try to force you into a limited plan, cause enough of a disturbance and they'll give in. ;)

Sent from my SGS II.

They won't do this. Just tell them you're grandfathered in, but your phone is nagging you about being on the wrong plan. They'll fix it.
11th November 2011, 09:28 PM   |  #10  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,470
 
13,360 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22

Yeah of course, the sms is different. Im afraid if i go in the store they will force me into a limited plan...

Huh? What the hell does sms have to do with your data plan?

I kept my old "200 for $5" SMS plan with no problems.

When I got my Infuse, I didn't even have to ask about getting grandfathered, the guy outright said, "don't worry, you'll keep your unlimited data".

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes