Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlimited but At&t is bugging me

Tip us?

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 782

DONATE TO ME
Default Unlimited but At&t is bugging me

i kept my unlimited iphone plan when i upgraded to the Galaxy S 2 i777 through walmart on Oct 5th...

one thing is at&t keeps bugging me with text saying "AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an eligible data plan us required for your 4G Smartphone? Pls Call 611 to select a plan and establish you 4G data connection today"

is anyone else getting this? Its annoying, they send it weekly almost, anyway to get it to stop?

Adelaide.
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Was the unlimited iphone plan different than their normal unlimited plan? Because I kept my unlimited and I haven't received any messages from them.
Galaxy S3 - AOKP.

Touchpad - WebOS/CM9.

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 782

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelaide. View Post
Was the unlimited iphone plan different than their normal unlimited plan? Because I kept my unlimited and I haven't received any messages from them.
i dont think, im using the standard iPhone grandfathered plan ive always had...

rav4kar
Old
Thanks Meter 526
I have grandfathered unlimited data plan ($30/month) but that does not mean unlimited *text* (SMS), I switched from iphone to ASGS2, I did not get any alert from at&t though I bought it in store not online, just walk in at&t store ( corporate one) and NOT franchise store and check with them.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24092

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadjohnson22 View Post
i kept my unlimited iphone plan when i upgraded to the Galaxy S 2 i777 through walmart on Oct 5th...

one thing is at&t keeps bugging me with text saying "AT&T Free Msg: Did you know an eligible data plan us required for your 4G Smartphone? Pls Call 611 to select a plan and establish you 4G data connection today"

is anyone else getting this? Its annoying, they send it weekly almost, anyway to get it to stop?
Simple way to get it to stop - get yourself on the HSPA+ plan. Do it in an AT&T store, most third-party stores and the phone service people don't know how to "grandfather" an unlimited 3G plan to an unlimited HSPA+ plan.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

joshuadjohnson22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 782

DONATE TO ME
Yeah of course, the sms is different. Im afraid if i go in the store they will force me into a limited plan...

quarlow
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Yeah the 3G unlimited plan and Faux G unlimited plan show up differently on your bill. You are still able to keep unlimited and the $30 price. Att just needs to provision it different on your line. Either hit up a att store or call 611. They can fix it and stop nagging you.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)
i-mate JAQ > HTC 8525 > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS (it was a dark time in my life, I was confused) > Palm Pre > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate > LG Thrill > Samsung Focus > Samsung Galaxy S II (I777) > HTC One X > Samsung Galaxy Note II (I317) > Samsung Galaxy S 4 (I337) + HP TouchPad

slifer315
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Yeah of course, the sms is different. Im afraid if i go in the store they will force me into a limited plan...
Even if they do try to force you into a limited plan, cause enough of a disturbance and they'll give in. ;)

Sent from my SGS II.

jjesusfreak01
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer315 View Post
Even if they do try to force you into a limited plan, cause enough of a disturbance and they'll give in. ;)

Sent from my SGS II.
They won't do this. Just tell them you're grandfathered in, but your phone is nagging you about being on the wrong plan. They'll fix it.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24092

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Huh? What the hell does sms have to do with your data plan?

I kept my old "200 for $5" SMS plan with no problems.

When I got my Infuse, I didn't even have to ask about getting grandfathered, the guy outright said, "don't worry, you'll keep your unlimited data".
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations