FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[KERNEL][GPL][23 FEV - #4] franco.Kernel | 2.6.35.10

17,123 posts
Thanks Meter: 96,944
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th November 2011, 09:24 PM |#2141  
metalboy94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Battery consumption is okay I guess, 4% battery used in 2 hr 50 minutes of idling with WiFi on (sleep policy - never, 245/729 smartassV2).
 
 
12th November 2011, 04:44 AM |#2142  
Senior Member
Flag Haiphong
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Franco, Could you refer something useful from this kernel?
[KERNEL] Rome V.1.3.2 - Kernel 2.6.35.14 - CM7 6.6.x - Gingerbread - Phoenix | 11 nov
Use google to translate it if you don't understand italian.
Last edited by ledinhsonhp; 12th November 2011 at 04:51 AM.
12th November 2011, 05:05 AM |#2143  
thachtunganh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag H Nội - Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,982
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledinhsonhp

Franco, Could you refer something useful from this kernel?
[KERNEL] Rome V.1.3.2 - Kernel 2.6.35.14 - CM7 6.6.x - Gingerbread - Phoenix | 11 nov
Use google to translate it if you don't understand italian.

Rome kernel had lots of CAF patch , and it's good to , and i think the Rome kernel
improve the camera
@son: But Zacks doesn't share his kernel source
We need the source for getting what patch Did Zack use....
12th November 2011, 06:44 AM |#2144  
Miasmic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,659
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_gonny

i've been testing the kernel since this afternoon, no panics or random reboots... just one thing: data transfering from phone to pc is extremely slow (600KB/s) with class4 sdcard... not a bug i guess, but i'm reporting my experience...

on mine (class 10), its
PC to phone - 4-6mb per second
phone to PC - 16-19mb per second

using mik's 6.5.7 ROM file (84.7mb) as testing.

so i guess there isnt a slow transfer bug for me!


btw, last midnight I experienced a kernel panic at 710smartassv2 but in nofrills i remembered there were about 20% usage of 729mhz.

i dont know why but i am sure i checked 710 for the 1 hour stress test... maybe some mispress when the phone was initializing...

now im still using 710 to test while checking nofrills frequently, there are no 729 usage while no panics so far! will update my note and report back soon.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s79/s...ea337ce76a2c66
12th November 2011, 08:09 AM |#2145  
vlt96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 920
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalboy94

Battery consumption is okay I guess, 4% battery used in 2 hr 50 minutes of idling with WiFi on (sleep policy - never, 245/729 smartassV2).

Dude you have no apps?


Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
12th November 2011, 09:42 AM |#2146  
ciolnadu's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Simeria
Thanks Meter: 39
 
More
Using 11.11.11 kernel since yesterday and going great. No reboot only black screen bug when rapidly locking and unlocking screen. Conservative gov 748/480, on Andy's Pheonix with Link2SD.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
12th November 2011, 09:56 AM |#2147  
metalboy94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 165
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlt96

Dude you have no apps?


Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

I do have a lot of apps actually, and they just LOOOVE using any form of network connectivity (think Foursquare, Friendcaster and Yahoo Mail).

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Ah by the way, I don't usually leave WiFi always on, I prefer using a Tasker script + profile I made to turn it on and off at certain intervals so that apps can fetch updates but the battery won't be drained too much.
Last edited by metalboy94; 12th November 2011 at 09:58 AM.
12th November 2011, 11:41 AM |#2148  
vlt96's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 920
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalboy94

I do have a lot of apps actually, and they just LOOOVE using any form of network connectivity (think Foursquare, Friendcaster and Yahoo Mail).

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Ah by the way, I don't usually leave WiFi always on, I prefer using a Tasker script + profile I made to turn it on and off at certain intervals so that apps can fetch updates but the battery won't be drained too much.

Friendcaster and yahoo mail don't get any CPU, they use push, you can force stop them and still get notifications, that is why push saves battery...
What is a tasker script and how does it work?


Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
12th November 2011, 01:30 PM |#2149  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA
Thanks Meter: 96,944
 
Donate to Me
More
If you have panics with smartass2 change to conservative and test with the same enviorment.. I suspect smartass2 is ****ed somewhere and causes panics.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2011, 01:53 PM |#2150  
Miasmic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,659
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

If you have panics with smartass2 change to conservative and test with the same enviorment.. I suspect smartass2 is ****ed somewhere and causes panics.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

hey franco.. are you jesus or what...? how did u find out the problem and when u say it, the problem happened on me

you replied to topic -> xda send email to me -> gmail notification -> i wake screen and unlock -> random shutdown

at 710 smartassv2 which i totally agree with your point!!!

sure man im changing to conservative and gonna launch stress test for 2 hours with 710! thank you so much franco
12th November 2011, 02:31 PM |#2151  
uncle_gonny's Avatar
Member
Flag On di Fonte (TV)
Thanks Meter: 12
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmic

on mine (class 10), its
PC to phone - 4-6mb per second
phone to PC - 16-19mb per second

using mik's 6.5.7 ROM file (84.7mb) as testing.

so i guess there isnt a slow transfer bug for me!


btw, last midnight I experienced a kernel panic at 710smartassv2 but in nofrills i remembered there were about 20% usage of 729mhz.

i dont know why but i am sure i checked 710 for the 1 hour stress test... maybe some mispress when the phone was initializing...

now im still using 710 to test while checking nofrills frequently, there are no 729 usage while no panics so far! will update my note and report back soon.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s79/s...ea337ce76a2c66

mmmm i didn't understand: using 6.5.7 you got good transfer rates? Isn't this kernel for 6.6.x?

optimus one P500
clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.0
mik_os cyanogenmod 6.6.1
franciscofranco kernel v1.1 02102011 smartass v2 480/729 MHz
Link2sd (from market) sd-ext4

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android kernel, for v6.6.1 cm7.1.0, franco kernel, gingerbread franco kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes