MIUI 1.12.9 Fascinate/Mesmerize Rom UPDATE..12/13/11

Search This thread

Rick S

Nov 2, 2010
This is a build ported from a vibrant setup, some tweaks that dfgas incorporated into the last few builds, some extra tweaks from here and there, and extended settings built in. It is very smooth and fast after letting it settle in for a bit.

Let me know how it is for you. You can wipe data or just cache and dalvik...I do all 3...enjoy.

Thanks to anyone that has a hand in developing for the fascinate / mesmerize...the list would be too long to write!

-as of 1.12.9...
-#911 issue fixed (thanks sbrissen, dfgas, & anyone else involved)
-modified default transparent lockscreen...live wallpapers show through lockscreen

-new 1.12.9 Fascinate link...
http://db.tt/enasc1vs
-new 1.12.9 Mesmerize link...
http://db.tt/LHY0AeKk

-as of 1.11.25...
-includes Glitch V13 kernel with working 3 button recovery (with updated screenstate scaling fix)
-new option of miui app drawer
-pick setup, then enable, wait a couple seconds for drawer to load up, then swipe down from top of screen slightly lower than status bar to pull down drawer (almost right at bottom edge of status bar)...takes a little getting used to swipe area as it is very small.
-new options of hiding signal bars and headset icons
-new option of appdrawer background color
-new "on the fly" statusbar layout switching (no need to refresh statusbar anymore)
-new options of autostarting appdrawer
-charging animation it top bar fixed

Here is a link to the v6 supercharger thread...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021
I would suggest installing the latest supercharger script...http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=792186&d=1322022964 and the app script manager...http://market.android.com/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager

Download both, change the supercharger scripts name from .pdf to .txt, install script manager, go into script managers options and turn on browse as root, then navigate to the directory you downloaded the supercharger script to within the app, click on it, select run as root, then run. Follow the scripts prompts, and as a suggestion, I use option 7. This makes the phone fly even faster at all times even with many apps open. I would have incorporated this into the rom, but the developer would rather you visit the thread to get it.

Last edited:

PhoenixPath

Downloading now. Thanks!

First impressions:

(Background: Wiped all three from "mounts and storage" menu)

Appears to be based off of MIUI Android (UK port of MIUI) as opposed to MIUI.US. Not sure what diffferences (if any) apply other than the bootani and background. Amiright?

Extended settings built-in is quite awesome.

Noticed MiuiCompass wasn't in there (but DSP Manager was...awesome again). Attached in case you don't have the apk and want to add it in the future.

MMS sent over 3G on first try.

I am not sure which market you bundled with it, but I always go in and remove marketUpdater and add back in the old vending.apk. (This isn't a criticism, just something I do that might be good to know in case I have future issues that may be caused by that mod...I know I am probably rare in liking the old market.)

So far so good. Now I just need to grow a pair and figure out how to swap kernels in the zipfile so I can throw Glitch v13RC1 in there; at which point I'll truly have my "Flash one-and-done".

Great work, Rick S. Can't wait for the full list of changes/tweaks! Thanks again.

Attachments

• MIUICompass.apk
    502.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Reactions: dzdroider

Rick S

Nov 2, 2010
Downloading now. Thanks!

First impressions:

(Background: Wiped all three from "mounts and storage" menu)

Appears to be based off of MIUI Android (UK port of MIUI) as opposed to MIUI.US. Not sure what diffferences (if any) apply other than the bootani and background. Amiright?

Extended settings built-in is quite awesome.

Noticed MiuiCompass wasn't in there (but DSP Manager was...awesome again). Attached in case you don't have the apk and want to add it in the future.

MMS sent over 3G on first try.

I am not sure which market you bundled with it, but I always go in and remove marketUpdater and add back in the old vending.apk. (This isn't a criticism, just something I do that might be good to know in case I have future issues that may be caused by that mod...I know I am probably rare in liking the old market.)

So far so good. Now I just need to grow a pair and figure out how to swap kernels in the zipfile so I can throw Glitch v13RC1 in there; at which point I'll truly have my "Flash one-and-done".

Great work, Rick S. Can't wait for the full list of changes/tweaks! Thanks again.

Compass.apk should be in there, but thanks anyway. Basically if porting from a "stock" setup, roms wont differ very much at all, but another difference is that the reboot options are capitalized. I would love to have glitch v13 in there, but its not publically released yet. I do install it on mine though. All you need is the boot.img and the lib/modules folder...modules need to match boot.img that was built.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: PhoenixPath

tannor

Dec 12, 2010
Looks great Rick!

Thanks for sharing and spending time doing this.

I am going to give this a try now, I am coming from 1.11.4, and I have yet to try the extended settings yet, so this will be great to check it out at the same time.

PhoenixPath

Compass.apk should be in there, but thanks anyway.

Well I'll be damned... When did they change the name of the compass app?? I feel like a frigign' genius now. :p

I would love to have glitch v13 in there, but its not publically released yet.I do install it on mine though. All you need is the boot.img and the lib/modules folder...modules need to match boot.img that was built.

I wasn't suggesting you put V13 in there. :p I was just commenting on my own lack of courage to do it myself more than anything. Thanks for the tip though.

Been installing apps and such basically nonstop since install and listening to music on it. No issues. I did update to Glitch v12RC1 right off the bat as well.

So far, this seems to be about as stable as the 9-16 release which has been my fall-back. I've had the fewest issues with that one. Hopefully this one will be my new 9-16. :) (Will find out when I get home and see how it handles the wifi/3g handoff that seems to have been causing the most problems on the latest few roms for me)

bucknetbucky

Aug 23, 2011
Ive honestly never looked into the differences between the two carriers. Im guessing no because there are probably some rom differences along with the kernel differences.

Thank you for the reply. I know there are differences the big one is one cdma and the other is gsm. I did not see the vibrant mention the first time in the OP. if anyone knows of a compatible miui for the Telus version pm me please I would love to try it

jmac9

Feb 1, 2011
Omaha, NE
Looks great Rick...thanks again. I had issues with the other '11' roms so far and was back on the 10.28. And also big.thanks for the easy instructions for installing super charger....I couldn't get then to stick a month ago....no problems this time ( used your suggestion....will tweak later after I settle in) only issue is google+ fc at start up. I don't use it so not a huge deal.....will uninstall and install new......phone is flying.

Edit: Re-install of Google+ did the trick. Can't believe how fast and smooth this phone is running now.

Last edited:

Rick S

Nov 2, 2010
One random reboot....and no bln. Reboot was when trying to open gmail.

Sorry about that...my gmail seems to work fine though. I used JT's 3 button recovery fix kernel because its probably the most used throughout various roms. It doesnt have bln. You can flash any kernel you like though and it will work fine as long as the kernels allows for it.

Reactions: PhoenixPath

J Shed

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you for the reply. I know there are differences the big one is one cdma and the other is gsm. I did not see the vibrant mention the first time in the OP. if anyone knows of a compatible miui for the Telus version pm me please I would love to try it

GSM and CDMA roms/kernels aren't cross compatible. The phones share a name, that's it, they're pretty different when you get down to the nuts and bolts (or silicon and copper.)

Robtao

Oct 19, 2007
Sorry about that...my gmail seems to work fine though. I used JT's 3 button recovery fix kernel because its probably the most used throughout various roms. It doesnt have bln. You can flash any kernel you like though and it will work fine as long as the kernels allows for it.

"Hmmm. I just had huge success flashing jt's 3ButtonFix.zip kernel over the 1.11.4, making big improvements in battery and GPS. But this is an upgrade, using the same kernel, even though my current ROM is working fine. Hmmm..." thinks the flash junkie as he tries to pretend he might not go ahead and flash this anyway.:eek:

Edit: Of course I flashed it, with the script. Running great. Overnight, battery stays in high 90s.

Last edited:

dogg94

Jan 6, 2011
Wisconsin
Samsung Galaxy S20
All I can say is wow!! This is by far the most responsive miui build I've ever used, running the script on setting seven as suggested running glitch v13 ml OC`d to 1440..very smooth, plus have all the reboot options again nicely done, thanks much sir!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Edit: Linpack score 25.4, Quadrant 2850

In the past the miui builds I've run while being in my opinion nicer to use have always seemed more sluggish than Vanilla or cm7, not now..

Last edited:

jmac9

Feb 1, 2011
Omaha, NE

No worries....just wanted to throw that out there. I know at the worst I will need to wipe all three. Been lazy and not wiping Data lately. Loving this big time though so the BLN is not a deal breaker in the least.

mlarma

May 4, 2007
Ugghhh.. The Glitch app is FC-ing even after going back to stock ED05 and and installing this MIUI ROM from scratch. Any suggestions?

Rick S

Nov 2, 2010
I actually ported the MIUIScotland 1.11.9 ICS framework I9000 rom to the fascinate. It seems the only difference are a couple added files within the framework and a few files elsewhere, along with the version number in the build prop. Its not even worth playing with though. There are no noticeable differences anywhere. Waist of time just in case anyone was wondering or has heard of it.

PhoenixPath

I actually ported the MIUIScotland 1.11.9 ICS framework I9000 rom to the fascinate. It seems the only difference are a couple added files within the framework and a few files elsewhere, along with the version number in the build prop. Its not even worth playing with though. There are no noticeable differences anywhere. Waist of time just in case anyone was wondering or has heard of it.

Now on to porting galnet ICS MIUI?

;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a build ported from a vibrant setup, some tweaks that dfgas incorporated into the last few builds, some extra tweaks from here and there, and extended settings built in. It is very smooth and fast after letting it settle in for a bit.

Let me know how it is for you. You can wipe data or just cache and dalvik...I do all 3...enjoy.

Thanks to anyone that has a hand in developing for the fascinate / mesmerize...the list would be too long to write!

-as of 1.12.9...
    -#911 issue fixed (thanks sbrissen, dfgas, & anyone else involved)
    -modified default transparent lockscreen...live wallpapers show through lockscreen

-new 1.12.9 Fascinate link...
    http://db.tt/enasc1vs
    -new 1.12.9 Mesmerize link...
    http://db.tt/LHY0AeKk

-as of 1.11.25...
    -includes Glitch V13 kernel with working 3 button recovery (with updated screenstate scaling fix)
    -new option of miui app drawer
    -pick setup, then enable, wait a couple seconds for drawer to load up, then swipe down from top of screen slightly lower than status bar to pull down drawer (almost right at bottom edge of status bar)...takes a little getting used to swipe area as it is very small.
    -new options of hiding signal bars and headset icons
    -new option of appdrawer background color
    -new "on the fly" statusbar layout switching (no need to refresh statusbar anymore)
    -new options of autostarting appdrawer
    -charging animation it top bar fixed

Here is a link to the v6 supercharger thread...http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021
    I would suggest installing the latest supercharger script...http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=792186&d=1322022964 and the app script manager...http://market.android.com/details?id=os.tools.scriptmanager

Download both, change the supercharger scripts name from .pdf to .txt, install script manager, go into script managers options and turn on browse as root, then navigate to the directory you downloaded the supercharger script to within the app, click on it, select run as root, then run. Follow the scripts prompts, and as a suggestion, I use option 7. This makes the phone fly even faster at all times even with many apps open. I would have incorporated this into the rom, but the developer would rather you visit the thread to get it.
    Updated op with new link. Everything is perfectly working. I added the screenstate scaling fix from today for the new v13 glitch kernel. This release doesnt incorporate the lockscreen torch yet...so close. This release is even better and smoother than my last...enjoy.

Thanks for the responses. Im going to update some MIUI mods and put links in the op soon...launcher mod and screen transitions are some.

updated op

Just an update guys...it will be released tomorrow by lunch. I just wanted to test it totally out this time before posting link. It will be worth the wait though...smoothest and fastest yet. Everything working also, along with some extra surprises. Thanks for being patient.