Splash Screen Emporium!! (Post and get your images here!) [OP updated 5/5/2011]

Search This thread

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
i have the .zip file on my sd file and when i load into bootloader it cant find the file. pleas help

Is it a PD98IMG file you are talking about? Use a file explorer and take a look at the file on you sd card. Through Android is the file showing as PD98IMG.zip or is it showing as PD98IMG.zip.zip? If so just delete the last ".zip". Windows often hides known file extensions so sometimes people save the name as "PD98IMG.zip" and it ends up getting two extensions on the end. It should only be saved as "PD98IMG" through Windows. Check to see if that is your problem.

evojunkie

Dec 22, 2010
i have the PD98IMG.zip on the root of my sd card. When i go into bootloader it tells me there is no image or wrong image. I have the htc evo 4g fully rooted s off. I was wondering if i had to name it something else so my phone recognizes it

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
You have a different phone then the Inspire/DHD, so it probably uses a different file name other than PD98IMG. The script inside to flash the file is also probably different. I would not use these files for your phone. Post the splash that you wanted and I will try to research what the Evo uses.

Edit: Still researching this. As I do not have an Evo I want to make sure I find the correct way to do it. So far no luck in finding what the correct script should be inside the folder.

Last edited:

sticktaylor

Sep 10, 2011
New Orleans aka NOLA
xdaforums.com
You think you could do these? I would like to incorporate them into the ROM if they come out good, I've attached Green & Blue to match the ModPacks & wanna see which background looks better. Thanks :D

44d193a0-2471-038a.jpg
44d193a0-257d-c26e.jpg

44d193a0-2acc-ee81.jpg
44d193a0-2ada-2440.jpg

Last edited:

sticktaylor

Sep 10, 2011
New Orleans aka NOLA
xdaforums.com
It would not be a problem but can you attach full size images? These are a little small and will look blurry if they are re sized to 480x800.

I Resized them to 400x800 and made the text more clear & smoother. For some reason I thought they need to be 300x500 so that's what size I made them, good to know 400x800 for future reference ;) If you could only make these 2 u would appreciate it, I think they will look the best.

Can you make Boot Animations also?

44d193a0-0a53-e44e.jpg
44d193a0-0a62-6cd3.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
It is actually 480x800. ;) A re size should not be too bad now. Just a little wide. I will make them today. Boot animations can be made but not sure if you are referring to these still images. Nothing to really animate with these.

Last edited:

sticktaylor

Sep 10, 2011
New Orleans aka NOLA
xdaforums.com
It is actually 480x800. ;) A re size should not be too bad now. Just a little wide. I will make them today. Boot animations can be made but not sure if you are referring to these still images. Nothing to really animate with these.

My Current Boot Animation is this
44d193a0-beb8-6899.jpg

Whenever it loads it starts on the left & just loads the Image, if you could do the new Images to do the same that would be great ;)

44d193a0-bf9a-a1ff.jpg
44d193a0-bfae-c995.jpg

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
You mean it does a wipe exposing from left to right. That can be arranged. Pm me your original layered source files for those two images. It would make a part of it easier for me.

Last edited:

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Attached are the boot splashes. The pictures you posted were still smaller then the size they should have been but check them out. Animation will come later. Just rename and delete the "green-" or the "blue-" in front of the "PD98IMG". Make sure the file name is "PD98IMG". Transfer one at a time to your sd card, only have one on there, and boot into Hboot and flash.

Attachments

• green-PD98IMG.zip
    143.8 KB · Views: 11
  • blue-PD98IMG.zip
    157.9 KB · Views: 11

jlusco

Jan 21, 2011
Jacksonville
can you make this into a splash please jus cut off the black bar at the top

Attachments

• screenshot-1323384996768.jpg
    screenshot-1323384996768.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 318

adam5150

May 19, 2011
Good to see there are people that will still do others favors. Keep it the good work man.

marsdta

May 9, 2011
Here is my latest one. Thought I represent the Defranco Nation

Attachments

• PD98IMG.zip
    115.8 KB · Views: 6
  • defranco.jpg
    defranco.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 214

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
Can you please make this one?

Thanks for all of the work so far by the way!

Edit:
Image is 480*800 but had to put it in a folder to upload on XDA

Attachments

• splash1.rar
    71.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
Any way I could request a terminal based splash that says toxicpaulution at the top with a biohazard symbol below it? Black background and a terminal green font and biohazard please? The font just big enough to fill the top of the screen? And the biohazrd to fit the screen it would be amazing if you could do this please and thanks

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post and share your Splash Images here!!!

Requests: All requests WILL be fulfilled. Once done, the flashable zip file will be PM'd to you directly, and shared on my Flikr account with direct download links in the description.

My Splash work: Can be found >>> here <<<
    **The direct download link for each Splash image, is in the description.

***Check out hyun18's work! It can be found HERE***

Don't forget to click THANKS if you like my work, or I have been helpful to you.

How to install using FLASHABLE ZIP
    1. Download the Splash of your choice
    2. Place the PD98IMG.zip on the root of your SD card
    3. Reboot to BOOTLOADER
    4. Once the bootloader reads the zip, press VOLUME UP to apply
    5. Reboot and enjoy.

How to install using ADB, with ENG S-OFF bootloader
    1. Download the Splash of your choice
    2. If the file is in ZIP format, extract the "splash1.img" file to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package.
    3. Connect your phone your PC
    4. Reboot your phone to FASTBOOT mode.
    5. From ADB, within the TOOLS folder, type the following:
    Code:
    fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
    6. Once this is done, reboot and enjoy.
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Instructions to make your own flashable Splash Image
    Step 1. Make your image. (Dimensions are 480x800)
    Step 2. Save as a 24bit Bitmap, named "splash1.bmp"
    Step 3. Copy this Bitmap to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package
    Step 4. From ADB, within the TOOLS directory, type the following
    Code:
    nbimg -F splash1.bmp -w 480 -h 800
    Step 5. Take your newly made nb image, and rename the extension to ".img"
    Step 6. Grab this blank PD98IMG file from here. THANK MUDKNOT FOR THIS blank file.
    Step 7. Right click the zip file and select "open archive"
    Step 8. Copy your newly made splash1.img file to this zip file.
    Step 9. Flash. :)

Attached is the nbimg needed to do this. Just extract the zip file to your TOOLS folder of your SDK package.

Thanks to mudknot2005 for the Blank PD98IMG file. Go HERE and click "thanks" to thank him for making this happen for us. :-D
    You have a different phone then the Inspire/DHD, so it probably uses a different file name other than PD98IMG. The script inside to flash the file is also probably different. I would not use these files for your phone. Post the splash that you wanted and I will try to research what the Evo uses.

Edit: Still researching this. As I do not have an Evo I want to make sure I find the correct way to do it. So far no luck in finding what the correct script should be inside the folder.
    BeatsCandy

Ladys and Gentleman, I present to you "Beats Candy". A splash screen based off of Beats audio and Skullcandy.

This is only part of my new theme to come to an Inspire near you!
    Here is mine.

All credit for the original image goes to mudknott2005.
    The base image was from one of his boot animation

Here is the link for my correlating boot animation
    I wanted to see if one of you could make this image into a splash screen for Adam who makes the TBGB ROM. If you could that would be great, thanks.

here you go