[Tutorial] Make your own Splash Screen for Wildfire S

Search This thread

jikantaru

Jun 20, 2011
Hi Wildfire S users,

Today I'm going to teach you how to create Splash screen or the image that comes
before bootanimation.

1. Download the tool in the attached and extract it using any zip manager
2. Download PG76IMG.zip as base file for creating splash flashable
3. Make an image or resize and crop any image, it should be 320 width, 480 height. Save it as 24bit BMP. I'm not sure JPG will work but I always choose BMP to be sure.
4. In the tool folder you just extracted open CreateG1Splash.exe then click open choose your edited image then click convert.
5. a file mysplash.rgb565 is created just rename it to splash1.nb0 then open my attached PG76IMG.zip with any zip manager like winrar,winzip or 7zip. then drag the splash1.nb0, thats it.
6. Now put the file in the root of your memory card then flash through Hboot. by fully turning off phone then holding volume down then power.
7. It will ask you to update just follow instructions after that reboot. You'll see your new splash. :D

Here is a sample:

14c6zkp.jpg

Attachments

• Wildfire_S_Splash_creator_by_jikantaru.zip
    16 KB · Views: 1,588
  • PG76IMG.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,555

CitizenLee

Aug 21, 2009
Aberdeen
A handy guide ;)

It seems quite different on WFS compared to other Android phones. For example, on my DHD you convert your .bmp to .img and then flash via ADB as follows:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img
fastboot reboot

You can also use Android Flasher if you don't feel comfortable using ADB.

I wonder if this will work with WFS?

jikantaru

Jun 20, 2011
New Splash with matching bootanimation

scaled.php

Attachments

• PG76IMG.zip
    208 KB · Views: 148
  • bootanimation.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:

jikantaru

Jun 20, 2011
attachment.php

Attachments

• ra5737.jpg
    ra5737.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 8,298
  • PG76IMG.zip
    44.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
H

Henry_1

Great tool. I've made a splash screen also.

2vlw4ns.jpg

I've the original rgb565 contained also so if it doesn't work, maybe another one can create a working zip.

image file
zip file

Hit thanks when you like! And download!!!

If someone wants to make a boot animation, i've added a bunch of jpg files in the same style.
Can't make it myself sorry. If you've made it, post it here or give it to me so i can include it.

Boot animation

Last edited:

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Does this work with cm7 port or just stock?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S running cm7 with overclocked 806 cpu and data2whatever using XDA App

wildfiresuser

Nov 1, 2011
izmir
Does this method work with HTC unlocked phones? I'm running CM7.2 by alquez and have CWM installed and rooted.

Edit: I don't think it works with HTC unlocked phoned. Damn, I was excited about it.

Last edited:

Aef 101

Sep 1, 2011
To get original splash screen, you could Google the image, and then create it using the instructions in the first post.
Also original animations could be sourced via search, however changing the splash screen does not affect the boot animation, but I'd advise that you back things up before deleting them in the future.

Sent via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Wildfire S users,

Today I'm going to teach you how to create Splash screen or the image that comes
    before bootanimation.

1. Download the tool in the attached and extract it using any zip manager
    2. Download PG76IMG.zip as base file for creating splash flashable
    3. Make an image or resize and crop any image, it should be 320 width, 480 height. Save it as 24bit BMP. I'm not sure JPG will work but I always choose BMP to be sure.
    4. In the tool folder you just extracted open CreateG1Splash.exe then click open choose your edited image then click convert.
    5. a file mysplash.rgb565 is created just rename it to splash1.nb0 then open my attached PG76IMG.zip with any zip manager like winrar,winzip or 7zip. then drag the splash1.nb0, thats it.
    6. Now put the file in the root of your memory card then flash through Hboot. by fully turning off phone then holding volume down then power.
    7. It will ask you to update just follow instructions after that reboot. You'll see your new splash. :D

Here is a sample:

14c6zkp.jpg
    Splash for HTC WS

Edited for WS :D

attachment.php
    bindroid Splash without the text

attachment.php
    Found another tool

Your input image shoud be 320 * 480 pixels!!!

All credits goes to: DeToX-cz

2rgb565.png
    Can someone help me with the splash screen? I placed the PG76IMG.zip file in the root of my sd card but when i go to bootloader it reads the file but doesnt prompt me to update splash. I have an S-ON with HTCdev unlocked bootloader. Is there something i missed?

Yeh I had same problem. I'm guessing that you need S-Off for this to work.