Change log in second post.
Welcome to The Overcome Experience - 10.1 Edition . For those of you that don’t know me, let me introduce myself. I am AlterBridge86, the creator of The Overcome Experience. I started developing a ROM on the OG Galaxy Tab (P1000) about 9 months ago and have moved on to having my own brand of ROM’s, Kernels, and Recoverys. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P75xx) is the second device now to get a “Overcome Series” ROM, however it will most definitely not be the last.
My mission is simple. I aim to vastly improve the stock user experience on Samsung devices. I think that Samsung makes fantastic hardware, however fails to bring the same level of software quality to their devices. This is where I step in. I take the base rom, as provided by Samsung, and perform further optimization and modification to it. My mods aim not to completely customize the user interface, but rather add some very useful key functionality while retaining the “stock android” look.
- Please read the announcement post on the TOE website for a full rundown of the release! http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500
- Based on P7500CELB1 / P7510UEKMP (Android 3.2)
- Fully Deodexed
- Fully Zipaligned
- Rooted/Busybox installed
- Stock kernel with modified initramfs
- Themed with stock-ish Honeycomb look
- Ads blocked
- Updated Play Store to 3.4.6
- Updated Maps to 6.3.0
- Updated SamsungApps to 3.10.115
- Updated Flash Player to 18.104.22.168
- Updated Play Books to 2.3.5
- Updated Play Music to 4.1.513
- Updated Play Movies to 1.4.9
- Launcher from P7310UELA3 (fast and full featured)
- Modded Browser (UAString chooser in Advanced Options)
- Bootanimation.zip support (cool boot animation included thanks to gammaRascal in the Iconia forums)
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download)
- If you have some form of CWM on your device already, simply download the ROM, and install zip through CWM. Be sure to wipe data to ensure a clean install. **WIPE DATA IS RECOMMENDED FOR 2.2.0 INSTALL!**
- However, if you wish to attempt a non-wipe install (ONLY for users already on Overcome), follow these instructions: Prior to rebooting into recovery for install, go into Manage Apps and clear data on launcher. Immediately reboot into recovery using the power menu - DO NOT go back ot the home screen first. Install zip without data wipe. After install completes, wipe cache. Reboot.
- If you do NOT have CWM on your device already or you want to start completely fresh, I STRONGLY urge you to read the excellent guide that we have put together to get Overcome installed
None at this time...
REMOVED APPS DOWNLOAD - To install, simply place the apks in /system/app. These will NOT install like a normal APK.
P7500 - Removed until i modify them to not include non-samsung apps
P7510 - Removed until i modify them to not include non-samsung apps
HideBar - http://ppareit.github.com/HideBar/
The best is yet to come!