Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 42,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone else having issues purchasing from Android Music Market?

Tip us?

kaoruAngel
Old
(Last edited by kaoruAngel; 17th November 2011 at 03:00 AM.) Reason: updated resolution status
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs down [Q] Anyone else having issues purchasing from Android Music Market?

RESOLVED

I choose a free song from the web interface of Android Market's new Music store...

1. It recognizes my attempt to purchase (and also what account I am trying to purchase from) and prompts me to agree to Terms & Conditions.
2. I click continue to agree.

3. "For your protection on checkout, please sign into your account again."
4. I click continue, am brought to universal Google Account sign-in page and need only type in password (as it recognizes I was already signed in) and submit this re-login information.

5. I am brought back to Phase 1: Terms & Conditions agreement, where the loop repeats itself...

Note: I have only tried purchasing free songs so far.

KillerBeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 43

DONATE TO ME
having the same problem

kaoruAngel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post Solution Found

I found the solution to my issue. Hopefully the root of my issue is the same as yours.

Apparently Android Market's Music store's first-time user setup is programmed such that third-party cookies are relied on.

If you have 3rd party cookies disabled in your browser, use your browser's facilities to selectively allow the third party cookies requested from the purchase page (specifically those from the trusted checkout.google.com domain).

After allowing the cookies, click on the first Continue button requesting that you agree to the Terms of Service. This time around, instead of proceeding to ask you to sign in again, you will see a new dialog further requiring you to actually check off that you agree to their terms (without the mentioned batch of cookies being set and reread this dialog will not prompt and thus will not allow you to complete the initial agreements required to use Google Music). Agree to the terms and complete the purchase. Done.

As an extra FYI: once this has been completed once, your agreement to their terms will be recorded on server and cookies should no longer be an issues.

kaoruAngel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Post Alternative Solution

Here also is an alternative workaround suggested by Google in response to my bug report:

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for your note.

We're aware of the issue with Google Checkout and are working on a fix.

In the meantime, users are able to work around this issue by using the following steps:

1. Logout
2. Login directly to checkout.google.com
3. Try purchasing your music again

Alternatively, you can clear your browser cache and then try purchasing your music.

I realize this isnít an ideal work around and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve the issue.

Regards,
Nikki

The Google Music Team
Good luck to ya's!
Tags
android market, bug, google checkout, google music, music