Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

TMobile Internet Settings

OP Ebes1099

13th January 2007, 01:13 AM   |  #11  
Flag Calgary, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 8

239 posts
Donate to Me
More
the same for Cingular 8525 for t-mobile US
Will the t-mobile file in the previous message install t-mobile settings to work on an unlocked Cingular 8525? If not, does anyone have the settings? I could not get the ones at t-mobiles US or UK site to work. I will be brave and install while in Windows Mobile 5 (against my better judgememt)

Thanks!

FYI:

I did not hard reset it but simply installed the files in the order within the zip. I did get a waring on the registry edits.cab about being designed for an earlier version of windows. Anyway, I did the Power + OK button reset. Upon loggin, the HotSpot Login shows in the Connections and I was successfully able to send a MMS message my gmail account!
Last edited by crazyut; 13th January 2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Results of install cabs from zip file
13th January 2007, 11:01 PM   |  #12  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 0

95 posts
More
Thanks
I'm happy and relieved to say that this still works. I just updated my cingular 8125 with t-mobile service. Thanks lvlol!
14th January 2007, 07:24 PM   |  #13  
Flag New York

142 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlolvlo

1. Download the file
2. Unzip the file
3. Right click the folder just before you see the files and make it "Read Only"
4. Transfer to device (I personally like keeping them on a storage card)
5. Open File Explorer and install one by one
a. Tap on file
b. Leave default setting of installing to Device
c. Tap Install
d. Tap OK (top right corner after successful install)
e. Repeat a-e for all cab files
6. Press and hold down power button until data loss message box comes up
7. Tap OK (unit will now power-off)
8. Power unit back on....enjoy life....

Although I must say you should consider flashing your device with the iMate 2.16 ROM....I have it running and I'm loving it! If you don't need it at least consider flashing your device with the original T-Mobile ROM available here. What's the point of doing either...

iMate - Faster, included Java support, AKU2 (MS Security/Push Technology)
T-Mobile Original - Other than physical appearance your device will function just like a stock T-Mobile MDA

100% Correct use the wap.voicestream.com and follow the instructions above
29th May 2007, 04:14 AM   |  #14  

1 posts
Thanks lvlolvlo
Hey lvlolvlo thanks for the tmobile file....really helped. I spent a lot of time googling settings with no luck, i tried calling tmobile with no luck....but your post really helped. thanks!
25th June 2007, 01:29 PM   |  #15  

1 posts
Sorry if this is a horrible question but...

When trying to flash my 8125 I'm receiving an invalid vendor ID message and I'm told the updater can not update my device.

Any help would be awesome.

24th September 2007, 05:24 AM   |  #16  

2 posts
Unhappy help
ok. ive been reading these posts all week and still need help. i have a 8125. i do not have cingular, i have tmobile. i have unlocked the phone. when i had my tombile phone i paid for pic and vid txts and AIM. i didnt pay for internet. how did i change the settings on my 8125 so i can send and reiceve pic and vid txts. i have tried following almost every step ive read and cant get it working. ive called tmobile and they have sent all types of IP numbers andect. but i have know idea where to input them. every despription isnt how i see it on the phone. someone plz help.

dan wilson
1st November 2007, 12:12 AM   |  #17  

1 posts
help me too
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdanboone

ok. ive been reading these posts all week and still need help. i have a 8125. i do not have cingular, i have tmobile. i have unlocked the phone. when i had my tombile phone i paid for pic and vid txts and AIM. i didnt pay for internet. how did i change the settings on my 8125 so i can send and reiceve pic and vid txts. i have tried following almost every step ive read and cant get it working. ive called tmobile and they have sent all types of IP numbers andect. but i have know idea where to input them. every despription isnt how i see it on the phone. someone plz help.

dan wilson

i have the same problem please help!!
-Bart
16th March 2008, 05:14 PM   |  #18  

1 posts
Ok, i think im getting this, i also like everyone else here has a 8125 with T-Mobile. But i cant access the itnerent or send MMS.

So dose this mean i have to flash my cell phone with either the iMate or hte toehr MDA rom?

if i do will all hte wifi and all hte drivers work still like bluetooth and such?
17th March 2008, 07:26 PM   |  #19  
Flag Hudson, NC
Thanks Meter: 148

1,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
t mobile settings
alright everyone, if you have the 5.99 tzones, 1. enter wap.voicestream.com in the apn info, 2. make sure you set the PROXY: 215.155.165.50 port 8080 for http and default ports for the rest, 3. make sure you change the default Internet connection to the one with the proxy under connections/advanced/select networks. and for email with the tzones you have to change the settings for your email to connect with the proxy connection or every time it checks email it'll disconnect and reconnect, and then you'll have to disconnect and reconnect to surf the web.

now for the full internet plan you dont need the proxy, the internet2 and 3 are for the blackberry plan and vpn plan if memory serves me correctly.
17th November 2011, 01:11 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 17

645 posts
Nice thread!

Just used to configure a 8125 that I got of Craigslist yesterday, everything is working now on T-Mobile MMS SMS and internet.

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread