5,593,401 Members 36,262 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Boston area 4g outage

Tip us?

adrand
Old
(Last edited by adrand; 18th November 2011 at 09:19 PM.) Reason: more accurate title
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Boston area 4g outage

Okay, starting this morning my 4g will connect (says ip address and connected to sprint) yet will not pull down any data. That includes no webpages or if I try speedtest it hangs at testing ping. Zero data. I'm currently using warm rom with stock kernel for the past few weeks. Definitely not a 4g service issue as someone with an Evo 4g was able to pull data with no problem standing next to me today. Tried wiping all and flashing the latest warm rom to no avail. Any ideas? Anything else I should try?

Thank you for any help you can offer!

skelotic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have no data also. Never rooted and with the original stock firmware (so if I want to root) and the most recent PRL. I am in Boston if that matters. 3g works just fine.

adrand
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelotic View Post
I have no data also. Never rooted and with the original stock firmware (so if I want to root) and the most recent PRL. I am in Boston if that matters. 3g works just fine.
Thank you that makes me feel a little better as I am in the Boston area as well. Really strange though that someone with an original evo was able to down 4g data today. I might give sprint a call to check on any outages.

adrand
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Talking to sprint now and they say NO network outages in Boston area. Strange.

Gadget Man 007
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had this issue in the morning a day or two ago but it went away after an hour or so. Problem returned this morning and have had to use 3G since then because Wimax isn't working.

I'm on the latest Warm nightly and too am in Boston. Sounds like it's specific to Boston.

salty6924
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Man 007 View Post
I had this issue in the morning a day or two ago but it went away after an hour or so. Problem returned this morning and have had to use 3G since then because Wimax isn't working.

I'm on the latest Warm nightly and too am in Boston. Sounds like it's specific to Boston.

At work now, south of Boston. Same issue.

anth75
Old
Thanks Meter 43
funny because i'm also in Boston with no data! called sprint and they told me there's no outage in my area! been like this since yesterday morning. they're making me take it to a store today. pain because i just unrooted and put S back on!

adrand
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anth75 View Post
funny because i'm also in Boston with no data! called sprint and they told me there's no outage in my area! been like this since yesterday morning. they're making me take it to a store today. pain because i just unrooted and put S back on!
Let us know what they tell you at the store. Hard to believe that this many of us are experiencing the exact same issue and its not on sprints end. Lol I forget how slow 3g can be as most of my travels are normally covered with 4g. Hope its back online soon. Anyone else in the Boston area that wants to chime in?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

anth75
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Just got back and what they told me is they disconnected wimax and it could be this way for a few weeks! They are gonna be testing LTE and just keep it on 3G. Thanks for the heads up sprint!

Gadget Man 007
Old
Thanks Meter 4
WTF?! That's BS.

If it's not back by the end of the weekend, I'm writing a letter.