[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread
S

stritfajt

[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Finally, we've gotten Ice Cream Sandwich for our heroes. No other explanation needed.

It isn't ready for daily use yet, but hopefully we'll work it out together.

Working:
WiFi.
Blutooth.
Calling.
Data

Not Working:
Camera
Doesn't work without SIM.

Priority:
Camera.
Speed.
Small bugs.

Download:

Experimental:
This is not ready for daily use. Try it if you want to see 4.0.4 running on your Hero, but it's very experimental.
1.4: http://www.mediafire.com/?z194atkhn5t9dn7
Gapps (Only needed for experimental build): http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Stable:
Can be used as a daily build. Flash OpenGL 2.0, overclock a bit and it's quite usable.
Beta 1.3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13064707/Android/Glassmacka-Beta1.3.zip

Mods:
Lightness (removes some stuff and replaces the launcher with ADW for better speads): http://www.mediafire.com/?p5wi8p7ieg8v5e8

Changelog:
Beta 1.4: Experimental 4.0.4 build. Use 1.3 for a more stable ROM.
Beta 1.3: Should fix Bluetooth.
Beta 1.2: Audio jack is working.
Beta 1.1: DPI is now standard.
Beta 1: Audio and trackball navigation is working.
Alpha 5: Market is working. Random FCs in settings are fixed. It feels snappier (might be placebo :p).
Alpha 4: Sound is fixed thanks to the HeroC devs. I also added market and a FileManager. Calls are now fully working, you can hear the person at the other end and they can hear you. Ringtones doesn't seem to work though. I suspect a codec issue, but I will have to look into it tomorrow. From this we actually have a working telephone.
Alpha 3: Calling should be fixed now.
Alpha 2: Fixed touchscreen (mostly).
Alpha 1: Initial release.

Last edited:
S

stritfajt

Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)

It's the same version, I'll make an update when I get home. The school have crappy network. But the new version is no miracles, just some hacks in build.prop, init.d and egl.cfg.

puppyko

Aug 14, 2010
You guys working on ROMs are just fantastic!
Already GB 2.3.7 running well on Hero (some newer stock phones still only GB 2.3.3).
Next, ICS on Hero? Wow! Thanks! This is simply incredible!

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
wild and crazy, dude. Can't flash this I'm afraid (no time) but will be watching closely for more brilliance and some clever thoughts from the devs that posted congrats in this thread. ;-)

I have no clever thoughts at all.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

don't forget to number your releases. like this would be alpha 0.1 or 0.0.1 or something.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

what? no version 2 yet with touchscreen and calls working? it's been like 30 minutes....

you guys are so quick at all of this that it's becoming commonplace to see dozens of dramatic improvements in a short time LoL

SummonerOfDeath

Jan 29, 2011
This one gonna be LEGEN....wait for it....DARY!! :)
i'm soooo looking forward to some usable release :) will definitly try and report, thanks for your awesome work :)
was waiting for this since google announced the first phone running it ;)

Reactions: wesley sun

darkmansd

Dec 22, 2009
wow....for the very first alpha this works surprisingly well & fast....

i am really looking forward to to ics on our hero's :)

great work!

stefpaul

Jun 27, 2010
bucharest
Hey good job. Not gonna test it because it seems that you can't use a lot on things on it for the moment... But interested if someone can make a 4.0 rom working for the hero:D

Keep up the good work guys

Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"

Have you started work on a ICS ROM? :D

Stefan

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
Downloading to see if I can be off any help to get this thing working :p

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Hey good job. Not gonna test it because it seems that you can't use a lot on things on it for the moment... But interested if someone can make a 4.0 rom working for the hero:D

Keep up the good work guys

Have you started work on a ICS ROM? :D

Stefan

Well to work together is better then for 2 people to create the same twice.

stefpaul

Jun 27, 2010
bucharest
Downloading to see if I can be off any help to get this thing working :p

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Well to work together is better then for 2 people to create the same twice.

you got a point here. i read once that the ICS build can remove the buttons from the bottom of the screen... like on the Nexs S build that will come up.

Stefan

dkelley

May 11, 2010
was hoping to see lira post something like that... :)

maybe the cdma stuff for phone/data connections can be fixed using existing knowledge. the touchscreen may be more of a new type of problem though.

FYI I used to own a cheap chinese android tablet that had a usb host jack (many chinese android tabs have that - a really nice feature).

you can plug in a mouse or a keyboard, or with the right type of hub you can use both at once.

Plugging in a usb mouse into an android device will make android display that mouse pointer thing. however I don't recall it disabling the regular touch screen.

So it seems to me that either this rom thinks it's in usb host mode being controlled by a mouse, OR (and this is more likely imho), the touch screen driver is broken on the hero with this rom and therefore the rom is going into whatever control mode is next in it's code's list of options.... which appears to be mouse control mode.

is that help? probably not. but the mouse pointer thing isn't new to 4.0 - I've seen it in 2.1 on chinese tablets as well.

Lirasina

Sep 15, 2011
Terwijde
Ok got it running, and noticed when the phone wants to make contact to my carrier. it well freezes sorta and then does a darn fast warm reboot. But yea it tries to XD

S

stritfajt

Nice with some help! It shouldn't take long to get this into a working state if we are a few developers.

I just updated with a fix for the touchscreen! It works now, but the pointer is still shown when you press the screen (small problem). :)

dkelley

May 11, 2010
aaaaand.... there's no way to delete posts.... sorry!

so with touchscreen working now (even iwth mouse pointer showing) then with data/phone fix when that can be done we will have the first usable ICS build for hero! can't wait until a data/phone connection fix....

Last edited:

stefpaul

Jun 27, 2010
bucharest
aaaaand.... there's no way to delete posts.... sorry!

so with touchscreen working now (even iwth mouse pointer showing) then with data/phone fix when that can be done we will have the first usable ICS build for hero! can't wait until a data/phone connection fix....

You're not the only one that is waiting for a stable ICS build for the little hero:D

Stefan:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)