[KERNEL] Stock w/init.d support (stable, Great battery)

Search This thread

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
I'm out of testing phase but decided to keep this up. This is just a stock kernel with a modified ramdisk to allow the use of scripts in a init.d folder. Its nothing special other than that. Ill start digging into getting an OC kernel going now.

This will work with any Thrill rom. The only exception is on Thrill Seeker you must go into /system/etc/init.d and delete the file called "999switch"

While anything is possible, this kernel will NOT brick your phone. It fully boots and, as far as I can tell, runs fine. Ive also included the stock kernel in a flashable zip. You flash them the same way you would flash a rom. NO wiping of anything is needed.

CMA_Test Kernel
CMA-test Kernel
md5: d2fa00a256b08a8ee805c484d58091c1

Stock Kernel
Stock Kernel
md5: b4cfc8225d7f105d5d9c50171fb873ae

Last edited:

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Deep sleep works great, lol. Phone has been on an hour and 45 min was in deep sleep, phone only used 3% batt too.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

AeRo0

Dec 19, 2007
yeah its still the stock kernel (hence, hyoungjin :p ). just a modified ramdisk to see if it will boot (which it did).

Can you guys run cpu spy and see if the phone is sleeping? (those that got it before i pulled it :p )

Have you tested it on any GB roms? If not i'm thinking of trying it out, do you think there's any risk of breaking my phone if I do or is a bootloop the worst case scenario?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA App

rdannar

Sep 3, 2009
I dont think they are compatible... they have gb kernels by acura team.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
Battery life is looking fantastic with this.

I don't know if you were planning on doing another Thrill Seeker update rom or not. But if you do, can you throw this in the ROM?

And I don't suppose you could ask tekahuna if you can throw his OC kernal in the updated Thrill Seeker ROM if you do an update.

Suddenly the Thrill section is blowing up!