Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,962 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Blocks OTA's!] Full root for Nook Tablet. [11/20/11] [Permanent root!]

Tip us?

suicideclown
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Great job Indirect, your interview will be up shortly on tabletroms. Thanks for all the hard work for everyone involved!

ktan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
That's great news!!!!!!!!!

ms2003
Old
Thanks Meter 18
it's really a good news!!

KOCTA
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Indirect, thank you for the great job!

It's time to buy NT

anlog
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I gotta say, this thing is MUCH faster than the Nook Color. Like night and day. I can only imagine how CM9 will run with custom overclocked kernel after a rogue B&N employee leaks the bootloader keys...
The Following User Says Thank You to anlog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pito67
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlog View Post
I gotta say, this thing is MUCH faster than the Nook Color. Like night and day. I can only imagine how CM9 will run with custom overclocked kernel after a rogue B&N employee leaks the bootloader keys...
Congratulations,

So... Did you install gapps?
Samsung SGH-I317
DN3.1.1

Rooted.

-EVO 4G ( Used now as a MP3 player.)
rooted with 1 Click root method.
Android 2.3.5
BB 2.15.00.0808
Kernel: 2.6.35.14 Underworld-v0.8-sbcnohavs+
Build 4.67.651.3
SW # DigitalKarma V8 Reincarnation
Browser Version Webkit/533.1
PRI Version 2.15_003
PRL version 61090
--------------
Daughter
Nook Tablet
1.4.0 Rooted
--------------

iShepherd
Old
(Last edited by iShepherd; 20th November 2011 at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito67 View Post
Congratulations,

So... Did you install gapps?
First off props to indirect, this is a huge step forward. Had a few issues, like needing to update superuser to latest build since it kept fc'ing. Other than that it works perfectly now. Also have android market now up and running on my nook tablet. It works great so far, but haven't tried movies or buying anything off the market. But apps install and run fine. Same install method for the market as the Kindle, you can follow this guide here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1351283

edit:

Oh here some tips if you guys run into trouble with the script.

If the script doesn't work you can clean up the directories as well as uninstall superuser with:

adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/*
adb shell rm /data/local/zergy
adb uninstall Superuser (or manually uninstall it with an app manager)

then run the script again. If that keeps failing then just manually past each line of commands into a cmd prompt. I actually had to do that, script would not work for me. After that, I updated to the latest superuser since the one that comes with the zip file kept force closing, but that could be a problem that's unique to me. I was too lazy to restore and already had a ton of 3rd party crap on my tablet lol. I might also do a video when I root my friend's tablet as well. Anyways, hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to iShepherd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bkerk25
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I cannot, for the life of me, get the settings menu to come up to enable usb debugging. I had previously accessed menu to allow apks from unknown sources, but now nothing. Do I need to do a factory reset or is there another way to acess menu?

Vavomer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It seem adb gets turned off after you unplug the usb cable, need to uncheck and recheck it. Try using Nook Color Tools, you can bring up the development settings anytime you want. I also used DoomLoRD's script found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1319653

Just an FYI do not play in settings in Nook Color Tools it can trigger a factory reset.
Attached Files
File Type: apk NookColorTools_0.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (11.8 KB, 677 views)

loie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great work!
My NT is on the way.