No registration required
Thread Closed

Nook Tablet "One Click Root" - MERGED WITH INDIRECT'S ROOT - THREAD CLOSED

OP anlog

21st November 2011, 03:56 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 55

477 posts
More
ok, anlog's script works for me. i'm rooted and the market works. you guys can hash it out however you want. as far as i'm concerned, you both helped me acheive what i wanted for my nook tablet until later days of new roms. thank you both.
21st November 2011, 03:57 AM   |  #32  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 69

281 posts
More
Thanks for everything guys! Can't wait to get my NT.

PS - I've been on forums where devs fight constantly and it's no fun. For what it's worth, the mytouch 4g community is fantastic where on the flip side I spent about 2 months on another section and traded phones just because of the lack of "community" feeling. Let's try to respect each other and the work we (you) do.

Now let's all hug...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
21st November 2011, 03:57 AM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 123

502 posts
Indirect has incorporated the gapps install into his script, so can a mod please close this thread?
21st November 2011, 04:00 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 79

436 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect

Alright I finished it, does a device check, asks the user some questions, then proceeds as normal.

This is awesome. Great work to you sir! You might have been the sole reason I'm getting the Nook Tablet. I was definitely sad when I saw the KF getting all of the developer support, but your work will bring more people to this scene. If the NT was never going to be rooted, then I would have just waited until the next iteration of devices, because I don't want a KF even if it gets all of the support. Kudos to you guys.
21st November 2011, 04:01 AM   |  #35  
Flag ShangHai
Thanks Meter: 18

121 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlog

I agree. Indirect, let me know when you're done with your script and I'll close this thread. We need to merge the two.

Iím glad to see you heroes can work together!
21st November 2011, 04:10 AM   |  #36  
OP Senior Member

502 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangKid

This is awesome. Great work to you sir! You might have been the sole reason I'm getting the Nook Tablet. I was definitely sad when I saw the KF getting all of the developer support, but your work will bring more people to this scene. If the NT was never going to be rooted, then I would have just waited until the next iteration of devices, because I don't want a KF even if it gets all of the support. Kudos to you guys.

Nook Tablet is superior to the Kindle Fire in just about every way. I think it's decent that we got root 1-2 days after it was released. I'm sure we'll have an unlocked bootloader eventually and this puppy will be running ICS.

For $250, it's way too good to pass up!
21st November 2011, 04:12 AM   |  #37  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,960

2,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anlog, mind running my latest script and letting me know if it goes without a hitch? I'll understand if you say no though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2011, 04:14 AM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member

502 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect

Anlog, mind running my latest script and letting me know if it goes without a hitch? I'll understand if you say no though.

I don't know if it will work, since I am already rooted. Even doing a factory reset keeps root and gapps, you know?

Anyone out there with an unrooted NT that can test?
The Following User Says Thank You to anlog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2011, 04:25 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 59

232 posts
I don't see a script with Gapps in the original thread. Is there a new thread Indirect?
21st November 2011, 04:27 AM   |  #40  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,960

2,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
No, it's added into the script now. You can see it in the changelog in the thread.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread