Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,372 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook Tablet "One Click Root" - MERGED WITH INDIRECT'S ROOT - THREAD CLOSED

Tip us?

JoeM01
Old
Thanks Meter 55
ok, anlog's script works for me. i'm rooted and the market works. you guys can hash it out however you want. as far as i'm concerned, you both helped me acheive what i wanted for my nook tablet until later days of new roms. thank you both.

dodgepot
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Thanks for everything guys! Can't wait to get my NT.

PS - I've been on forums where devs fight constantly and it's no fun. For what it's worth, the mytouch 4g community is fantastic where on the flip side I spent about 2 months on another section and traded phones just because of the lack of "community" feeling. Let's try to respect each other and the work we (you) do.

Now let's all hug...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

anlog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Indirect has incorporated the gapps install into his script, so can a mod please close this thread?

DangKid
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
Alright I finished it, does a device check, asks the user some questions, then proceeds as normal.
This is awesome. Great work to you sir! You might have been the sole reason I'm getting the Nook Tablet. I was definitely sad when I saw the KF getting all of the developer support, but your work will bring more people to this scene. If the NT was never going to be rooted, then I would have just waited until the next iteration of devices, because I don't want a KF even if it gets all of the support. Kudos to you guys.

ms2003
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by anlog View Post
I agree. Indirect, let me know when you're done with your script and I'll close this thread. We need to merge the two.
Iím glad to see you heroes can work together!

anlog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangKid View Post
This is awesome. Great work to you sir! You might have been the sole reason I'm getting the Nook Tablet. I was definitely sad when I saw the KF getting all of the developer support, but your work will bring more people to this scene. If the NT was never going to be rooted, then I would have just waited until the next iteration of devices, because I don't want a KF even if it gets all of the support. Kudos to you guys.
Nook Tablet is superior to the Kindle Fire in just about every way. I think it's decent that we got root 1-2 days after it was released. I'm sure we'll have an unlocked bootloader eventually and this puppy will be running ICS.

For $250, it's way too good to pass up!

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2952

DONATE TO ME
Anlog, mind running my latest script and letting me know if it goes without a hitch? I'll understand if you say no though.

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X
The Following User Says Thank You to Indirect For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anlog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
Anlog, mind running my latest script and letting me know if it goes without a hitch? I'll understand if you say no though.
I don't know if it will work, since I am already rooted. Even doing a factory reset keeps root and gapps, you know?

Anyone out there with an unrooted NT that can test?
The Following User Says Thank You to anlog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dang69
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I don't see a script with Gapps in the original thread. Is there a new thread Indirect?

Indirect
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2952

DONATE TO ME
No, it's added into the script now. You can see it in the changelog in the thread.

My Google Plus account
My Twitter
Shiftless evo shift developer
Nook Tablet developer-found root (here)

Quote:
Without developers this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.
Developed on the following devices: Evo View, Nook Tablet, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G (private), Evo 4G (private), Mytouch 4g Slide, Evo LTE, HTC One (In Progress), Moto X

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe