[ROM] BakaG2X 2011-11-20 (FINAL RELEASE (maybe not)) [2.3.3]

Search This thread

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Ya no real issues here got a FC on media when the phone first booted up before signing into Google! Nothing since so it doesn't count lol. I was gonna Dow load and flash the latest but it wont let me from my phone for some reason, just hangs at untitled from mediafire, might try a different upload site. How bout a change log. Sorry if there is one I drank a bunch of nyquil about an hour ago so little I'm on the short memory side of things.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

The OP was updated with the 11-20 changes :)

Sorry about the media force close... It has happened to me, then it went away... I *think* it's due to the media scanner hitting a file on the sdcard that it can't scan properly... but maybe not. If anyone has a clue, I'll slip in a fix. However, like you, I've only ever seen it on FIRST boot.

Reactions: tdizzle404 and SL

SL

Mar 25, 2005
Happens to me on various roms.
Nothing to do with your build.

Sorry about the media force close... It has happened to me, then it went away... I *think* it's due to the media scanner hitting a file on the sdcard that it can't scan properly... but maybe not. If anyone has a clue, I'll slip in a fix. However, like you, I've only ever seen it on FIRST boot.

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Why do when i turn on wifi, i still get the wifi and 4g icons? and the 4g looks like its transmitting data

If you are getting both icons, that means your phone is connecting to cell data also. It will do that for certain things like the Market, and any app that needs to authenticate with cellular data, such as My Account, etc. You shouldn't always be getting both icons -- I don't on my phone.

tombaker1

May 14, 2011
Hi I just installed this ROM based upon what a few others were saying about its excellent WIFI handling. I also use WIFI calling exclusively from the home.

Right now it seem to help with the problem of coming up to an inactive phone, and when you go to unlock it, it has WIFI calling. On stock and Weapon, you often come up to the phone and it hurriedly connect back to WIFI and WIFI calling when you unlock it.

Anyways, so far so good on 5 hours of testing.

QUESTION. I tried to install both LG cameras from the Weapon thread, and neither of them took.

How do I install the LG cameras?

(for anyone wondering why the LG cameras...even stuff like Camera 360 and Camera Advance don't seem to have the digital image stabilization of the LG. I leave the image stabilization on all the shooting modes, it does not seem to slow down performance of press of trigger to actual photo snap.

Another Question: How can I change the font color in the drop down notification area, would like to use either yellow or white, the blues are hard to read on the black background.

Thanks for the ROM and any help on getting the LG camera to load.
TIA

UPDATE: I have to reinstall again, I have some parts of Weapon still showing in the about phone section. Gonna reinstall stock rom and restart fresh.

Last edited:

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
How do I install the LG cameras?

(for anyone wondering why the LG cameras...even stuff like Camera 360 and Camera Advance don't seem to have the digital image stabilization of the LG. I leave the image stabilization on all the shooting modes, it does not seem to slow down performance of press of trigger to actual photo snap.

Another Question: How can I change the font color in the drop down notification area, would like to use either yellow or white, the blues are hard to read on the black background.

Thanks for the ROM and any help on getting the LG camera to load.
TIA

You should be able to use the LG Cam from the actual LG Cam 3.0 thread... I used it a bit in testing, but I don't like what it does to the FFC. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1166531)

As far as the dropdown notify, that's not as easy to change. You'd have to pull your systemui.apk and framework-res.apk and modify them, which is most easily done at the UOT Online Kitchen.

I might be convinced to recolor the notify at some point, but not at the moment as I'm working on getting a 2.3.4 rom polished up.

Reactions: tombaker1

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
Had a previous post last week about the unresponsive touchscreen when plugged in... charger itself died a couple days later. Definitely had something to do with that.

ROM has worked great otherwise. GPS still works perfectly, which is big for me and has been a major problem with most ROMs.

Would just like to add my vote that the notification drop-down text be changed back to white (or something neutral) in the next version. Only reason I'm not going to upgrade to the latest release.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I get the same thing with data being used while on wifi it only happens every once in a while. My pet peeve is that I have to go in and switch to edge when in 4g area cause I can not send sms while on 4g (not rom related though). Just pointing out that I have the same thing that the person a few post above me stated. Love the rom though.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1321997997663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1321997997663.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 153

SurgeCentral

Mar 7, 2009
Los Angeles
any one experiencing data drop/loss??? my 4g signal is not showing up, cant connect to internet, no data.... Im in the Los angeles area...
im on the newest update of this rom....???
I tried going to airplane mode and back but no success... gonna try and reboot

Update: Did a reboot and got data back....

Also the OP says stock 2.3.3
but my phone sometime takes forever to boot up, like if i had faux kernel installed???
anyone else notice long boot times?

Last edited:

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Not sure why it would be having data issues... it is built with a repacked stock kernel, all stock libs, and nothing was changed as far as connectivity goes. Unlike some Roms on this forum, there aren't any framework edits that I didn't document either.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Not sure why it would be having data issues... it is built with a repacked stock kernel, all stock libs, and nothing was changed as far as connectivity goes. Unlike some Roms on this forum, there aren't any framework edits that I didn't document either.

Beats me just wanted to point it out. If I remember right it would do this all the time on stock roms.

SurgeCentral

Mar 7, 2009
Los Angeles
The only thing i've done to this rom is delete the wifi calling app "Kineto", I dont use it and dont like it running in the background.. Im trying to save/conserve as much battery juice as possible...
I dont use the FB or Twitter app and my battery last almost twice as long, went from about 6hr to about 12hrs now...
Anyone who wants more battery life, delete ur FB-Twitter (ect.) apps and just make a shortcut to your bookmark from browser of choice, for FB/Twitter..ect if u want to enable notifications just go to the website and enable email notification, thats my work around and its improved my battery life a great deal

maciek82

Apr 30, 2011
Just installed this yesterday. Very solid Rom. Really good work lotheris.

I tried to port over my steel blue theme I used on my previous roms but had no luck. Can anyone help out? I'm trying to port over my framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk.

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Just installed this yesterday. Very solid Rom. Really good work lotheris.

I tried to port over my steel blue theme I used on my previous roms but had no luck. Can anyone help out? I'm trying to port over my framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk.

The power off and panel required edits to both the framework and SystemUI... you'll need to open both with apk multi tool and port the theme manually.

maciek82

Apr 30, 2011
The power off and panel required edits to both the framework and SystemUI... you'll need to open both with apk multi tool and port the theme manually.

OK. After I open the APK and manually move over the png files, do I need to do anything else to it or can I just drop the whole apk file back in it's place?

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
As long as the PNG files are the same size as the ones used, then you have a good start. There are also edits to XML to change text color, sizes, etc... theming is quite an art.

If you need any help with themeing let me know and i will try to do so. Got several things going with cm7 themes and some other stuff but im sure i can make time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BakaG2X 2011-11-20 (Final 2.3.3 Version - OR IS IT?)
    ---------
    NOTE:
    --

Here is a pretty clean and basic ROM based on the LG 2.3.3 OTA.
    It is designed for those who want a good clean base to do their OWN addons to, while removing more bloat than was added.

This is the FINAL release of BakaG2X on 2.3.3. I will also release a 2.3.4 ROM, but it will be offered separately.

WiFi Calling is included as T-Mobile's signal is horrible. Thank you.

UPDATE NOTES:
    This version cleans up a few things in the theme primarily, and sets a couple of tweaks that weren't done before. Not a big change over the previous version. The only build available comes with Wifi Calling. If you don't WANT wifi calling, you can simply remove Kineto.apk from the /system/app folder, and I recommend doing so if you don't use it.

The biggest theme change can be seen on the notification pulldown here, and I've updated that screenshot.

As before, bloat is available in the various bloat packs. If you have downloaded these before, you don't need to download them again, there have been no changes to those packs.

---------
    CORE BUILD FEATURES:

• 11/20 - ICS Animations (capez) - tweaked animation speeds
    • 11/20 - Remove Battery Full & Battery Low Warnings but I LEFT the last Shutdown Warning..
    • 11/20 - init.rc support
    • 11/20 - Increased SD Read Ahead Cache to 3072
    • 11/20 - zipalign new apk's on bootup
    • 11/20 - new quick panel icons from O2X (smaller / textless)
    • 11/20 - shell utils: bash/nano/sysrw/sysro (if you don't know don't ask)
    • 11/20 - a few theme tweaks (notification ticker, carrier text, etc)
    • 11/17 - Three Flashable "Bloat" packs. You probably want at least one. SEE BELOW.
    • 11/17 - Google Talk with Video
    • 11/17 - Google Music (replaces stock Music.apk)
    • 11/17 - Toggle 2G Settings & Widget (TheMasterBaron)
    • 11/17 - Updated Google Apps as of 11-17.
    • 11/17 - busybox & su binaries updated.
    • Reboot/Recovery Menu (untermensch / sicopat)
    • Quick Panel Settings (dreamsforgotten)
    • Accurate Battery Mod
    • Removed LG Update process (was running all the time using ~10-20mb)
    • Updated Google Apps as of 11/15
    • CM7 Apps: Torch, E-Mail, Keyboard, Calculator, Sound Recorder
    • GPS Tweaks for USA. SuplRootCert added.
    • Misc build.prop edits (for gps/modversion/adb persist notify off)
    • Adblock Host file.
    • Theme bits (startup/shutdown/Roboto font/CRT Off/Lockscreen, etc)
    • Of course it is fully zipaligned.

Note: All Bloat Packs install to user applications, so you can uninstall bits you don't want.
    - This of course means you'd need to reflash Bloat packs if you happen to wipe.

BLOAT PACK 1: Recommended Bloat
    • Titanium Backup Free (it will detect if you have Pro key saved on SD)
    • MIUI Music
    • CM7 File Manager
    • Battery Calibration Tool
    • Wallpapers / Ringtones installed to SD for easy removal.

BLOAT PACK 2: Bloat T-Mobile Thinks You Want
    • AppPack, Books, T-Mobile-TV, Polaris Office, My Account,
    • Magic Smoke LWP, Visualizations LWP, Telenav, Zinio
    • Tegra Zone, NFS Shift, Nova.

Bloat Pack 3: Something I want and you probably don't.
    • Japanese Samsung iWnnIME Keyboard

KNOWN ISSUES - BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN NO SURPRISES
    - Bluetooth may crash upon pairing. This is fixed in my 2.3.4 Rom, Tsugi.
    - Kernels: I have tried both Faux123 and DragonG2X. They boot & Run, but have their own known issues. Cannot support them.
    - Lockscreen lag. This is an issue with any LG based ROM. Some report it doesn't happen if you use certain 3rd party launchers.
    - Toggle2G will ask for root permissions on bootup, and be denied automatically. You'll see a popup about that that goes away on its own. If you want to use the app, just open it manually and it will bring up the normal SuperUser prompt where you can approve superuser permissions.
    - Stock Camera. If you want LG-Cam, you know how to get it.
    - On the FIRST BOOT, the Media process will sometimes FC. It does not do this AFTER the first boot, and it doesn't always do it.

DOWNLOAD

CORE DOWNLOAD (REQUIRED): http://www.multiupload.com/6OWAQ1AWHK

BLOAT PACK 1 RECOMMENDED: http://www.multiupload.com/9LU6MFZYB8

BLOAT PACK 2 T-MOBILE BLOAT: http://www.multiupload.com/DKWTOBQ8TH

BLOAT PACK 3 JAPANESE IME: http://www.multiupload.com/M586LXB6VF

TESTING ICS ANIMATIONS: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19495046&postcount=78 - get the framework-res.apk and push it to /system/framework. Not flashable.

OVERCLOCK KERNEL: Faux123's 1.3 Kernel with FIXED BOOTUP TIME (Now boots up normally instead of rebuilding dalvik every time)

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Flash the CORE DOWNLOAD first. Then flash any Bloat Packs you want. The Bloat Packs are not complete Roms. You must flash the CORE DOWNLOAD first, then select and flash any Bloat packs while you are still in CWM, or you can flash them later. Bloat packs don't wipe.

Alrighty, in the spirit of knowing that everyone loves to test stuff ;)

Here's a test build of BakaG2X for 12-09. It won't become the final because I have some more plans for the final version, but it's updated nonetheless, and I want to test it a bit before adding anything else:

1. CarHome from CM7
    2. add Bloater, Rom Manager, Titanium Backup
    3. fix bluetooth sound.ogg issue (would crash sometimes on pairing)
    4. init.d scripts from tsugi

It does still include the darker pulldown shade that BakaG2X had, which IMHO looks better than the one in Tsugi, but can be hard to read if an app forces black text on the notification - which they should not do but they do.

Really, there's not many changes. Honestly, Tsugi didn't get much in the way of new features over what I'd done in Baka because I spent so much time chasing bugs. *sigh*... Plus, this still has the reboot/recovery power menu options which *appear* to be working correctly at this time. I haven't tested for 0% shutdown issues (they may or may not be present, never got a good answer on that).

Consider it, at this time, a minor maintenance update. The biggest thing (for me) is the inclusion of Bloater (to which I plan to add more LG/G2X specific apps). You shouldn't need the Bloat Pack anymore since Bloater is much easier to use. Also, Bloater installs to /system/app to save your data space, and the Bloat Pack put stuff in data. So I wouldn't use the bloat pack at all.

Here's the link:

http://www.multiupload.com/B42VJOCHWM
    The only thing i've done to this rom is delete the wifi calling app "Kineto", I dont use it and dont like it running in the background.. Im trying to save/conserve as much battery juice as possible...
    I dont use the FB or Twitter app and my battery last almost twice as long, went from about 6hr to about 12hrs now...
    Anyone who wants more battery life, delete ur FB-Twitter (ect.) apps and just make a shortcut to your bookmark from browser of choice, for FB/Twitter..ect if u want to enable notifications just go to the website and enable email notification, thats my work around and its improved my battery life a great deal
    Ya no real issues here got a FC on media when the phone first booted up before signing into Google! Nothing since so it doesn't count lol. I was gonna Dow load and flash the latest but it wont let me from my phone for some reason, just hangs at untitled from mediafire, might try a different upload site. How bout a change log. Sorry if there is one I drank a bunch of nyquil about an hour ago so little I'm on the short memory side of things.

Okay, I think I've reached the limits of some of the issues in 2.3.4 I can fix... I just realized how much time I've been spinning my wheels with problems that just won't seem to go away.

We all know 2.3.3 has its own issues as well... But they're different issues.
    I have tested 2.3.3 and Bluetooth seemed to work better for me than it does on 2.3.4 ... however, I do still believe 2.3.4 is a little more stable when NOT using bluetooth. So really, it's about compromise.

So, soon I'm going to update BakaG2X to match Tsugi's fixes and features.

The next update on BakaG2X will just update to what Tsugi already has and it will be a FULL WIPE ONLY update. After that, I'll use the Intelligent Installer for no-wipe updates. I might need a couple of days for everything to bake and make sure I don't introduce new issues, but do expect to see an updated BakaG2X soon.