Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Bricked-Kernel v1.4r1 killed my screen

OP DuratecPaul

15th November 2011, 11:37 PM   |  #21  
ifti_a's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 153
 
1,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
so you cant try the faux kernel ?

shame he has the GPL issue....
16th November 2011, 10:28 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 32
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
yeah faux is what I had on there originally, I changed to bricked to get the call recorder working.
And yeah it is a shame about faux, creative little bugger he is.
16th November 2011, 10:46 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 32
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1

There is an easy way to keep it cool. Take cover off, plug in usb, put the phone in the condom. Immerse in water with ice, but make sure condom "neck" is above water. Flash. Boast to people about water cooled sensation. If flashing different Rom/kernel works-profit

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

hehe will the beer fridge be alright
18th November 2011, 02:53 AM   |  #24  
Gunkk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 101
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuratecPaul

yeah faux is what I had on there originally, I changed to bricked to get the call recorder working.
And yeah it is a shame about faux, creative little bugger he is.

If you didn't flash a stock kernel in between, then that was a probable cause of your problem.

Sent from my Bricked Energy Sensation.
22nd November 2011, 08:12 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 32
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk

If you didn't flash a stock kernel in between, then that was a probable cause of your problem.

Sent from my Bricked Energy Sensation.

yeah now this I didnt do... I did superwipe, but didnt flash a stock kernel inbetween.
I think I did dalvic and cache wipe, superwipe - install rom, install Bricked kernel
22nd November 2011, 12:51 PM   |  #26  
tsrzealot's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinky1

There is an easy way to keep it cool. Take cover off, plug in usb, put the phone in the condom. Immerse in water with ice, but make sure condom "neck" is above water. Flash. Boast to people about water cooled sensation. If flashing different Rom/kernel works-profit

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Terribly sorry about the OT guys, but I just wanted to say that this made not only may day but my entire month water-cooled condom-sensation it is, then!
22nd November 2011, 12:56 PM   |  #27  
the_scotsman's Avatar
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 9,519
 
10
23,560 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Donate to Me
More
You flashed a new radio at the same time as flashing a new kernel? I'd say the radio is a more likely cause...a bad flash maybe? Or because you did both at the same time, something glitched?

A bad radio flash will cause serious problems.
22nd November 2011, 02:05 PM   |  #28  
undercover's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,266
 
13,928 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Condom is one of the main tools in Russia Actually,as I was writing that post I obviously meant it to be funny,but I was pretty serious about it being the last resort to keep phone cool. I remember someone kept his Desire in the freezer for a day or to just to flash ruu.

Regarding op. Mate, you flashed kernel, then superwiped then flashed another kernel? But that would mean there is no Rom!
Let's start from beginning, I'm curious what happened now. Explain every step that you've done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrzealot

Terribly sorry about the OT guys, but I just wanted to say that this made not only may day but my entire month water-cooled condom-sensation it is, then!



Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked-kernel v1.4r1, dead screen, revolutionhd, show-p1984
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes